Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

radiohost

So a 1920's trolley will roll down the street with a (GOTG) building in the background, drop guests off in front of this non-related themed area, just a few years after this big $$$ expansion was completed?

Californian Elitist

The more I ponder this decision, the more upset I become.

What in the absolute HELL does Guardians have to do with Hollywood? I'm looking at the concept art and it looks so out of place. It almost looks Tomorrowland-ish.

So sick of these IPs taking over prime estate and other attractions. Hollywood Land has so much potential to be something great to experience, and what es me off even more is Hollywood is under and hour away, and yet we're left with the load of CRAP we have now. The source is right there and yet we still have crap. And now instead of taking the time to improve the land, instead we get more IP-based attractions.

Screw you, Iger. SCREW. YOU.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Since I have little to no emotional attachment to DCA, despite the fact I grew up with the park, this doesn't anger and bother me as much as SWL in Disneyland (that's FAR worse). I have to admit it does sound cool. In saying this, Iger's obsession with putting IP-based attractions in the parks cannot be denied, and it has gotten completely out of hand. Hollywood Land is a complete mess as it is now, and I guess a Marvel-themed area will at least be more cohesive as a land, I'm assuming (we'll have to wait and see), but what exactly does Marvel have to do with California? No, the fact that Marvel is headquartered in California is not a legitimate excuse. And how will other Hollywood Land attractions fit in?

The IP disease continues to spread throughout the parks.
I'm hoping they just rename the park already because Carsland and Marvel Land don't really scream California. Disney IP Adventure.

Californian Elitist

I'm hoping they just rename the park already because Carsland and Marvel Land don't really scream California. Disney IP Adventure.

Exactly.

They took away California from Soarin'.... I very much dislike the new, CGI-filled "World" version. There was nothing really California about Hollywood Land (now that's about to get worse), Radiator Springs is in Arizona, Marvel is coming, etc. What the hell, Disney?

Jiggsawpuzzle35

This is such a mistake. The whole Haunted Hotel motif is classic and appeals to a way bigger audience. This Overlay is so shortsighted. All I hear and read are negative responses to this GOTG takeover. Wh0 is their target demographic? They even got booed at Comic Con.
I still don't understand why people still consider this a classic ride. Like I've said before, it was built on the cheap to bring people into a struggling DCA. To a normal person who visits the park, they aren't going to care as long as it goes up and down. Guess what's going to happen when it opens, huge lines. For the people who are complaining on social media about boycotting the ride and not renewing their annual passes, good. That lowers the wait time about a couple of minutes. I can see the attachment some people might have to this current attraction. If they love it so much, then save up some money and go visit the better version in Florida. Then they can so how this ride was intended to be.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Exactly.

They took away California from Soarin'.... I very much dislike the new, CGI-filled "World" version. There was nothing really California about Hollywood Land (now that's about to get worse), Radiator Springs is in Arizona, Marvel is coming, etc. What the hell, Disney?
I haven't ridden the new ride yet, but yeah the cgi looks lame. They need to build a third theater to house a updated version of Soarin over California. I don't care to fly over China and see a kid peeing in the bushes.

Stevek

Hmm, when it was first announced I was pretty lukewarm to it as TOT is my favorite attraction at DCA, even in it's edited version. But the way it is being positioned, multiple drop experiences and soundtracks that truly appears to be the start of a Marvel area has my interest. All that being said, it does unfortunately have nothing to do with the California theme of the park and could be a bit of an eyesore that sticks out like a sore thumb when viewed from throughout the park. It will be interesting to see how or even if they try to make it fit in the CA theme...perhaps it's set in an LA of the future?

mickEblu

I still don't understand why people still consider this a classic ride. Like I've said before, it was built on the cheap to bring people into a struggling DCA. To a normal person who visits the park, they aren't going to care as long as it goes up and down. Guess what's going to happen when it opens, huge lines. For the people who are complaining on social media about boycotting the ride and not renewing their annual passes, good. That lowers the wait time about a couple of minutes. I can see the attachment some people might have to this current attraction. If they love it so much, then save up some money and go visit the better version in Florida. Then they can so how this ride was intended to be.

I have counter arguments for all of your points that I have been repeating ad nauseum the last 4 months. Don't really have the energy to keep repeating myself. But if you have the time they re all in my comment history.

D

Deleted member 107043

Ugh I want to vomit. How can Joe pitch the destruction of something that makes sense to be replaced by this garbage. Please don't let this happen to wdw

It actually looks kind of cool to me. The only thing I'm suspicious about is how this will mesh into the exitisting Hollywood Land storyline. Unless they're doing away with it. They hinted that there will be more news coming about an expanded Marvel presence at DCA....

Oh, and how are they going to get this all done in 6 months??

Californian Elitist

I have counter arguments for all of your points that I have been repeating ad nauseum the last 4 months. Don't really have the energy to keep repeating myself. But if you have the time they re all in my comment history.

Now you know how I feel when it comes to SWL in DL.

It's not fun seeing something you care about destroyed.

D

Deleted member 107043

It's almost as if the Third Gate is confirmed for Never Happening now.

If you believe that there was ever going to be a Disney third gate In Anaheim I have an orange bridge up here in San Franciso for a couple hundred bucks. You interested?

mickEblu

Now you know how I feel when it comes to SWL in DL.

It's not fun seeing something you care about destroyed.

Yeah, I've always understood your viewpoint (although the never setting foot in SWL thing seems a bit extreme and unlikely IMO) and to be honest Disneyland is more "sacred" than DCA for me as well. But with this overlay, TOT is gone. For good. Yeah the ride mechanism will be in place, but that's it.

The only thing that you can say is gone because of SWL at DL is Big Thunder Ranch. So yea, if you enjoyed BTR as much as I enjoy TOT I get it. The rest of it... Yes the placement leaves much to be desired and 14 acres to any one IP is overkill. The ROA will be reduced but you will still be able to enjoy the basic experience with possible enhancements. Of course this remains to be seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom