Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

TROR

Am I the only one that doesn't think they're cute?
Yes. They're no porgs, mind you, but they're pretty cute. I will say their movie counterparts are incredibly ugly, though.
1517002408216.png

TROR

I am shocked to my core that you like both porgs and these things. I think they are adorable but I have no memory of them from the movie at all, what scene is this screenshot from?
According to the MCU wiki, they're seen after the Milano is crashed on that forest planet in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Truthfully I had no memory of them either and had to look up the creatures' name to see if they were an original idea or not.

sedati

Really nice animation with those creatures. The big Ursula is the only other animatronic I can think of that exhibits squash and stretch.

A good likeness too- here they are at 22:13
1517014939455.png

Last edited:

Cesar R M

One of the weird moments for me about TLJ was that
Chewie was persuaded by the pleading glances of the porgs to not eat one of their own, but it didn't stop him from killing the porg, plucking the porg and cooking the porg. They probably needed to step in earlier in the process
or perhaps they were cannibalistic and wanted a bite.

Donaldfan1934

Think about what you're saying here. Marvel is pumping out a new movie every few months. There's so much content being produced by Marvel alone, audiences forget what they just put out. Remember when Iron Man (2008) completely reshaped how film franchises are made? How many people talk about that movie anymore compared to The Dark Knight, released the same year? What about The Avengers (2012), one of the biggest and anticipated blockbusters in the last decade that finally delivered on what had been building up since Iron Man? Who cares anymore? It's been replaced by Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-Man. How long until these franchises are then replaced by something else Marvel puts out? Really, if you asked me in 2012 if they should make an Avengers ride, I'd 100% would have said yes. Ask me now and I'll ask you which characters will you put in it? By the time it's constructed, who's to say they haven't already been replaced with the next big hit?
Think about what YOU'RE saying here. You just said Guardians of the Galaxy in the same scentence as Spider-Man, a character who has maintained popularity throughout the decades movie or no movie. Granted, most people were made aware of the Guardians through the movies, but that says something about how much of an impact the MCU has had on the public conciousness. Also, Iron Man is still a very popular character who's remains (for now) at the center of the MCU. Yes, I get that the MCU cast is in flux right now post Avengers 4, but just because there are new movies doesn't mean we forget the older ones. Star Wars is a perfect example of this. Even though there have been new films throughout the decades, the older films have maintained consistent popularity and actually gained fans because of them. Again, it's hard to predict the future, but the IP at hand has large and devoted fanbase unlike another IP Disney put into their parks around the same time (*cough* Avatar *cough*).

Last edited:

TROR

If this turns out to be true, which I pray it does, it certainly appears that Disney does consider Mission Breakout a failure. If it does prove to be true, however, I'm only going to be even more ticked that we got this awful attraction instead of keeping Tower of Terror just stripped of any TTZ references like Paris allegedly will have.

https://wdwn t.com/2018/02/tower-of-terror-renovation-mission-breakout/

nevol

If this turns out to be true, which I pray it does, it certainly appears that Disney does consider Mission Breakout a failure. If it does prove to be true, however, I'm only going to be even more ****ed that we got this awful attraction instead of keeping Tower of Terror just stripped of any TTZ references like Paris allegedly will have.

https://wdwn t.com/2018/02/tower-of-terror-renovation-mission-breakout/
And if it is considered a “failure” (which I hope it is but doubt to be the case) then ot would be f’ed up to go ahead with the pixar pier reskin. But disney is probably convinced the ride is a success, and it was paris and its fans that had to beg them not to reskin the most icoic structure and attraction in that park. It cant afford to lose it. It is already on life support.

DanielBB8

It does say Twilight Zone is no longer viable. That’s no shocker. It doesn’t suggest Guardians is a failure. The makeover is less extensive and thus much cheaper. It also suggests Marvel might not go to Paris. Or not near term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom