Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

If this turns out to be true, which I pray it does, it certainly appears that Disney does consider Mission Breakout a failure. If it does prove to be true, however, I'm only going to be even more ticked that we got this awful attraction instead of keeping Tower of Terror just stripped of any TTZ references like Paris allegedly will have.

https://wdwn t.com/2018/02/tower-of-terror-renovation-mission-breakout/

Dammit. I wish they would have done that here. I could have lived without the pre-show, would have missed Rod Serlings on ride narration but it would be way better than what we have now.

Disney Analyst

I do believe Disney has publicly stated they consider GOTG a huge success... with high guest ratings and they attributed attendance increases at DCA to it on the financial update.

Obviously who knows what they think behind closed doors... I would assume they won't convert in Paris mostly due to cost.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I would assume they won't convert in Paris mostly due to cost.

This...

Nowhere in that article does it say or indicate that GotG is considered a failure, that is really just wishful thinking of those that hate GotG. But what it does indicate is that TZ is really going to be removed from all ToT, including WDW eventually.

mickEblu

I do believe Disney has publicly stated they consider GOTG a huge success... with high guest ratings and they attributed attendance increases at DCA to it on the financial update.

Obviously who knows what they think behind closed doors... I would assume they won't convert in Paris mostly due to cost.

Well publicly of course they ll say it’s a success. But I remember our very own @GiveMeTheMusic said that Disney was disappointed with the attraction and the parks attendance numbers the summer after It opened last year.

With that said, I do agree that it’s probably not being converted to Marvel because of cost (or a change in direction... probably because of cost) and not because they view GOTG as a failure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

The MK park next door was literally falling to pieces. Subsequently they've been doing extensive, and presumably expensive, refurbs across the park and at the resort hotels over the past few years. They probably don't feel investing in a ToT conversion is a priority right now. Also, don't forget they are doing this.

Disney Analyst

Well publicly of course they ll say it’s a success. But I remember our very own @GiveMeTheMusic said that Disney was disappointed with the attraction and the parks attendance numbers the summer after It opened last year.

With that said, I do agree that it’s probably not being converted to Marvel because of cost (or a change in direction... probably because of cost) and not because they view GOTG as a failure.

But I mean they literally just said DCA had attendance gains which they attribute to GOTG? Would they lie to investors? And that's a genuine question, I have no idea.

TROR

But I mean they literally just said DCA had attendance gains which they attribute to GOTG? Would they lie to investors? And that's a genuine question, I have no idea.
Animal Kingdom had attendance gains, too, but they're still calling Avatar land a failure because it didn't meet expectations.

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't know, the rough condition of DLP makes it kinda charming despite the huge open areas of concrete everywhere. The poor maintenance took a park that was probably too grand for its own good and brought it down a few notches to a state of classic Disneyland sort of slapped-together-ness. It was kind of magnificent even in it's own destruction, like a certain ocean liner.

Ismael Flores

This is opposite of what was reported to investors in the last quarterly report which stated that because of mission break out attendance saw an increase in Anaheim.

Ismael Flores

Maybe the rumored Marvel area for Paris will be a replacement of the backlot tour property. There is definitely more room there to build it and not affect the only other attractions in the park. It would also mean the tower is not close enough to a possible proposed area at back of park
Once that is done then they might go ahead and fix parts of the existing park including the tower area.

mickEblu

Good question. I don’t know but I don’t like this one bit. It tarnishes my GOTG is a failure narrative. However, artistically and thematically there is no arguing that it was a downgrade, no matter how many people stand in line because it’s “new.”

Disney Analyst

Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time and Disney expected the land to destroy Potter in popularity. It did not.

I don't think they ever thought it would destroy Potter? Did anyone believe that would happen? But I do think Disney sees it as a success, they've sold crazy numbers of Banshee's, AK had attendance increases, and the lands packed.

lazyboy97o

I don't think they ever thought it would destroy Potter? Did anyone believe that would happen? But I do think Disney sees it as a success, they've sold crazy numbers of Banshee's, AK had attendance increases, and the lands packed.
I don't think there was ever a possibility it wouldn't increase attendance at AK...

For what it's worth.
But has it increased attendance by 50%? That’s the sort of gains it would need to drive in order to beat non-franchise Expedition Everest in terms of dollars per guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom