Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Suspirian

Really like the poster and how it matches the rest of the attraction posters. The composition kinda reminds me of old Science Fiction/Horror movie posters. I think it would've been nice if they went full on with that aesthetic though.

upload_2017-5-21_10-31-4.png

upload_2017-5-21_10-33-43.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not sure if this has already been posted.
From @TheChrisGlass on Twitter.
View attachment 206232
https://twitter.com/TheChrisGlass/status/866086584671719424

Huh? Wha?

thumb.jpg

What's the graphic supposed to convey and how does it tell the story of the attraction to those who might be unfamiliar with it? Looks hastily thrown together. I don't get it.

I like the poster except for those tentacle things.

There looks to have been a lot of thought that has gone into this poster. Its a nod to those that know Marvel and the Guardians. But also shows the characters for those that don't. Also if you notice the Guardians look to be jumping directly out of the tower, almost as if they escaped....

The poster is an homage to the comics, cartoons, movies and the rest of Marvel, just like the attraction itself. The stylization of the Guardians comes directly from both the comics and the recent cartoons on Disney XD. The tape, Collector's look, and the tentacles all come from the movies.

From the shadows I can't tell if that is the Milano from the movies in the upper left, but it does look like their ship.

I have to give it to them, they did a good job on this poster.

TP2000

There are two different types of Cast Member previews. Informal previews (not unlike a soft opening) where people can get on around their shifts to help with the testing. The other is a formalized, scheduled time for people to ride. The latter has long been considered a type of perk offered to industry employees, and one that Disney has been more restrictive with of late.

Thank you, that makes more sense.

TP2000

I'm confused about people's concern over the screens. Tower of Terror had two (2) small show scenes where it was a lightly dressed up room with a screen at the end. With a fan to make some wind to rustle the two potted palms.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't imagine in the short amount of time they had this ride closed they radically altered the physical structure of the interior. So I would assume Guardians of the Galaxy still has two small show rooms with screens at the end.

But this time those two rooms are lightly dressed up as Guardians things, and the screens are probably larger and far more sophisticated than the old 480p screen from 2003 that Tower had. I would assume Guardians uses HD 4K screens that look great.

Or are people who have ridden already saying the small rooms have been eliminated entirely, and our elevator doors open to face nothing but a giant TV screen with no set dressing and no physical space between our elevator and the screen??? If that's the case, what happened to the small amount of space these two original rooms had when it was Tower? Did the screens just move forward and eliminate the rooms entirely?

VJ

Took me a while to see it too, but the letters from "Mission" are supposedly torn-off-and-rearranged from the heading
" FIRST TIME ON DISPLAY: "
...I feel stupid for not getting that sooner. I was confused what you all meant until it was explained just now.

Ismael Flores

I'm confused about people's concern over the screens. Tower of Terror had two (2) small show scenes where it was a lightly dressed up room with a screen at the end. With a fan to make some wind to rustle the two potted palms.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't imagine in the short amount of time they had this ride closed they radically altered the physical structure of the interior. So I would assume Guardians of the Galaxy still has two small show rooms with screens at the end.

But this time those two rooms are lightly dressed up as Guardians things, and the screens are probably larger and far more sophisticated than the old 480p screen from 2003 that Tower had. I would assume Guardians uses HD 4K screens that look great.

Or are people who have ridden already saying the small rooms have been eliminated entirely, and our elevator doors open to face nothing but a giant TV screen with no set dressing and no physical space between our elevator and the screen??? If that's the case, what happened to the small amount of space these two original rooms had when it was Tower? Did the screens just move forward and eliminate the rooms entirely?

I have a hard time believing they completely eliminated the whole space. You are probably correct and the screens are more advanced and larger and probably have some physical props to hide them.

Reason I say that is because those rooms from what I had read also serve as evacuation points when tower goes down. Wouldn't they still leave space between the elevators and screens to allow evac?

Ismael Flores

Hopefully this new lighting is not a case of flash without substance.
I'm hoping this new lighting is not like the elaborate lighting they did in Paris and was only used for the special ticketed VIP/press party when it opened.

I would be a shame if they did all this and didn't make it a permanent effect that would happen nightly for regular guests

Last edited:

D.Silentu

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I believe I remember Joe Rhode referring to these kinds of effects when he spoke of the ride. So, I'm guessing the lighting will be a normal part of it.

D

Deleted member 107043

There looks to have been a lot of thought that has gone into this poster. Its a nod to those that know Marvel and the Guardians. But also shows the characters for those that don't. Also if you notice the Guardians look to be jumping directly out of the tower, almost as if they escaped....

The poster is an homage to the comics, cartoons, movies and the rest of Marvel, just like the attraction itself. The stylization of the Guardians comes directly from both the comics and the recent cartoons on Disney XD. The tape, Collector's look, and the tentacles all come from the movies.

From the shadows I can't tell if that is the Milano from the movies in the upper left, but it does look like their ship.

I have to give it to them, they did a good job on this poster.

That's way too much backstory for Grandma and Grandpa from Fresno who want to know what the ride does. Is it a rolercoaster? Does it go upside down? Is it a 3D movie? W T F is it? No one will have a clue from looking at the poster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom