Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Antaundra

I don't think DCA will be getting a new name, but changing the logo to put more emphasis on Adventure seems likely. I don't think most people care about wether the park has a cohesive theme and a new name or logo won't have much (if any) effect on attendance, but a new logo could potentially sell more merchandise. They've tried a few iterations of a logo that emphasizes California and none of them have worked so maybe a bold new Adventure logo will finally last more than a few years.

Suspirian

The thing is, Disney can't use the Marvel name for attractions, and I doubt they will call it Super Hero Studios (or some such) just to bring the studio concept in

Ah i forgot about that. Either way it'll still have the Hollywood/movie making connection which doesnt make it completely out of place imo since it doesnt seem like theyre goinng for the golden age hollywood theme anymore

truecoat

Hill said the Marvel Land line-up would be the re-themed GotG Tower. The Star Tours simulators would go in to an Americanized version of the HK Iron Man ride. This would be located north of GotG in re-vamped Hollywoodland. Behind the Tower, we'll get a clone of Shanghai's Tron ride, but themed to Captain America. The entire Marvel area will be re-skinned to look like a New York street scene. This includes the Hyperion, which will continue to run shows. Of course, the M&Gs, shops and dining will have this theming.

With DCA basically getting a NYC area, Disney is ready to admit that the California theme of the park no longer works and will re-brand the park. Hill said this could be announced at D-23.

Chew on all that.

Several have said that the Cap Coaster is much more than just a Tron clone if it even is one.

britain

Hill said the Marvel Land line-up would be the re-themed GotG Tower. The Star Tours simulators would go in to an Americanized version of the HK Iron Man ride. This would be located north of GotG in re-vamped Hollywoodland. Behind the Tower, we'll get a clone of Shanghai's Tron ride, but themed to Captain America. The entire Marvel area will be re-skinned to look like a New York street scene. This includes the Hyperion, which will continue to run shows. Of course, the M&Gs, shops and dining will have this theming.

With DCA basically getting a NYC area, Disney is ready to admit that the California theme of the park no longer works and will re-brand the park. Hill said this could be announced at D-23.

Chew on all that.

If you listen carefully to the podcast though, Len asks Jim about how could a New York street fit in a park with California in its name. And then Jim says yes, they are sort of in the same situation as with Disney Hollywood Studios which is getting its new name announced at D23. I take that to mean DHS's new name will be announced, and they are considering a rebrand for DCA.

britain

Hmm, could be. I definitely had the sense that both were getting renamed, but I'll give it another listen.

It was a convoluted sound clip - probably suffered from some editing on their part. Kinda like the time when Jim says he's wondering how to write something about the Tron coaster which turns into an anecdote about a backstage tunnel... and they don't return to the coaster subject.

mickEblu

Chew on all that.

Zzzzzzzzz. TOT the remix and Star Tours: The Adventures Get Downgraded. How uninspired.The Tron replica would be cool but we re losing a really cool part of the ride without the lit up grid. New York huh? I guess we all kind of saw that coming...if rumors are to believed. So basically, the GOTG tower will still stick out like sore thumb. Roger that.

Last edited:

Practical Pig

Theme Spackle.
DAP_logo.jpg

mickEblu

Spirit says that Marvel Land is most likely coming in 2020 and that he would be shocked if it wasn't announced at D23 this year. Kind of crazy to think that in 3 years there could be a replica of the Tron Coaster at DCA / DAP.

mickEblu

It's all too bad. I really thought that DCA was headed on a great path after the 2012 upgrades. Now we ll have Marvel/ New York land and an alien tower where TOT once stood. And Soaring Over California was downgraded to a more gimmicky CGI version.

Would have been great if Hollywood Was upgraded to be more like DHS. They could have put an E ticket / mini Land in the backlot and maybe represent San Francisco somehow either in the backlot or where Bugs land is. Could have been solid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom