1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by wdwmagic, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

A bit, yeah! I also can see a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory vibe, like Hans mentioned. It's a definite very interesting combo of lots of varied influences. I'm so excited to see the inside and catch a glimpse of the Collector's collection.

2. DisneyIrishGuy

DisneyIrishGuy Well-Known Member

Well there is your tie to California, the Southwestern Native American colors and shapes being represented.

3. Curious Constance

Works for me!

DisneyIrishGuy likes this.
  4. October82

October82 Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that DCA only has a few limited references to the pre-modern history of California and its cultures.

Practical Pig and FerretAfros like this.
  5. Nothsa

Nothsa Well-Known Member

It really is a shame. California has so many influences from various cultures that could lend themselves to beautiful lands/ attractions.

October82 likes this.
  6. Snow Queen

Snow Queen Well-Known Member

Those pictures make me dislike the retheme even more. Honestly, I'm not against a Marvel area in DCA. It has nothing to do with the theme and that's a bit annoying, but so long as it's a well done land (ex. Cars Land) I'd just enjoy it and shrug about that. But man...this is just an eyesore. An eyesore in a stretch of the park that's already one. Hollywoodland is in desperate need of an overhaul (especially the Backlot and the Hyperion), but this just makes the area work even less. And if that doesn't enough, I think the worst part, visually speaking, is that it appears behind the Carthay Circle Theater. Just makes it look worse. Like I said, I'd be fine with Marvel, just...not like this. Oh well.

180º, brb1006, Kram Sacul and 4 others like this.
  7. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

Dr. Hans Reinhardt Well-Known Member

I can see how the asthetics of this thing might not appeal to everyone.

8. Kram Sacul

Kram Sacul Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There are no words.

9. mickEblu

mickEblu Well-Known Member

I'm convinced now they re using the left over paint.

10. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

11. sedati

sedati Well-Known Member

"The fact remains this ride is coming before the actual land itself, and it doesn't make sense. Again, I find that ridiculous, stupid, and unacceptable. This is inexcusable. It's fine if you're willing to make excuses for this project. By all means, continue. I don't see anything about this project that makes a lick of sense, and there's nothing anyone can say that would get me to even slightly change that.

Let's just agree to disagree."

That does not invite a serious response. You pretty well state that any attempt at an argument is futile. Adding "Let's just agree to disagree" at the end is insulting- what are we agreeing to disagree about? How stupid anyone who disagrees with you is?

12. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

So that is what happen to those designers that worked on TL'98. Their kids grew up and took their jobs!

Kram Sacul, brb1006 and mickEblu like this.
  13. Curious Constance

Or if someone does have the audacity to like the project they're just making excuses for something that is factually ridiculous, unacceptable, and horrifyingly inexcusable. Is the new project kicking puppies behind our backs, or shaking babies? That's sure what it sounds like.

14. cheezbat

cheezbat Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh...it's way too gaudy and outlandish. It looks worse than I thought it would be.

This thing looks like an April fools joke Disney is playing on us all.

Kram Sacul, brb1006 and mickEblu like this.
  15. raven24

raven24 Well-Known Member

I clearly stated my opinion. Where did I tell Brian his opinion never mattered? Did you miss where I said I don't like going in circles? All throughout this thread, most of us have been repeating ourselves. I like to agree to disagree with people when we debate and repeat the same things over and over again without getting anywhere. I'm sorry if you're insulted by that.

Please re-read what I wrote. I said I found the the way they were going about the PROJECT stupid. It's my opinion. Never did I call anyone who disagreed with me stupid. Don't put words and hidden meaning into my posts, please.

Brian responded to my question in regards to Marvel in DCA, and I replied. Are you going to express how you feel Marvel fits in DCA, or are you going to continue to make up things I never said?

16. Pam Hates Penguins

Pam Hates Penguins Well-Known Member

Didn't Disney learn their lesson from last time?

17. britain

britain Well-Known Member

In all fairness, gaudiness is a part of this franchise:

upload_2017-3-19_14-29-58.png

18. October82

October82 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no. Few people from the TL '98 era are still in charge of making decisions.

19. Dr. Hans Reinhardt

The art direction and story that drove TL 98 weren't the problem. It was the execution. It was a lazy overlay that poorly mimicked Discoveryland at DLP, which BTW is quite nice, and unlike TL 98 filled with lavish detail. From what we can see so far MB's execution looks to be more on this level than TL 98.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  20. Earl Sweatpants

Earl Sweatpants Well-Known Member

She doesn't just cover SWL...