News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My understanding is that you can do VQ + ILL but not 2 × VQ per day. That right?
Yes, unless... you're in one of the select Disney deluxe resorts and have access to the extended evening hours for EPCOT. On the days the extended evening hours are offered, you can try for the extended evening hours VQ even if you already got a VQ at 7a or 1p.

JTH781

Doesn't seem fair to non resort guests till they have standby que. But their should be some benefits for resort guests.

luckyduck

It is likely too early to tell for sure, but any idea how the length of the lines compare for the VQ vs ILL? We are going beginning of July (DVC resort guests) and are traveling with young children (who obviously won't be riding) so I'd love to minimize time in lines. Is the ILL going to have a shorter line than VQ once your boarding group is called, or are the lines comparable?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It is likely too early to tell for sure, but any idea how the length of the lines compare for the VQ vs ILL? We are going beginning of July (DVC resort guests) and are traveling with young children (who obviously won't be riding) so I'd love to minimize time in lines. Is the ILL going to have a shorter line than VQ once your boarding group is called, or are the lines comparable?
ILL bypasses the Xandar Gallery, so the physical queue is shorter. It is something like twice as fast.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The 1pm drop seems a far less stressful opportunity at the moment. Let's see if this can last for a couple of days.
Would the softening of demand at 1PM indicate to Disney that more capacity can be diverted to ILL instead? (Not that I'm into giving them that idea, but it's curious they'd let this slide on the free side.)

gerarar

Premium Member
Would the softening of demand at 1PM indicate to Disney that more capacity can be diverted to ILL instead? (Not that I'm into giving them that idea, but it's curious they'd let this slide on the free side.)
I mean we saw Rat's 1pm drop stay open for hours. That didn't suddenly make them allocate more ILL's towards it. (Maybe they did, but who knows).

I think they prefer to have it stay open for a couple mins so non-veteran guests are able to get a ride.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I mean we saw Rat's 1pm drop stay open for hours. That didn't suddenly make them allocate more ILL's towards it. (Maybe they did, but who knows).

I think they prefer to have it stay open for a couple mins so non-veteran guests are able to get a ride.
Or accelerate the transition to Standby? GOTG is certainly more reliable than ROTR to support a standby line.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 6 Stats (6/1):
7am: 3.75 secs
1pm: 182.82 secs, or ~3 mins

BG 175 is the last BG called for the day at 8pm. This is 7 more than yesterday.

The average pace was about 3-4mins/BG for pretty much the entire day.

There was one notable 15+ min stoppage today:
12:27 - 12:43 pm

That does it for Day 6 of GotG: CR!

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Final Day 6 Stats (6/1):
7am: 3.75 secs
1pm: 182.82 secs, or ~3 mins

BG 175 is the last BG called for the day at 8pm. This is 7 more than yesterday.

The average pace was about 3-4mins/BG for pretty much the entire day.

There was one notable 15+ min stoppage today:
12:27 - 11:43 pm

That does it for Day 6 of GotG: CR!
What was the downtime? 11:43 pm is confusing me 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom