Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Terry Crews? Well, now we all know where a good chunk of that budget went to, hiring a top-flight A-list actor for what is likely no more than a 30-second spot in the pre-show. I heard a rumor that Bob himself negotiated the $200 million fee to get him. Terry tried to play hardball to hopefully get $500,000, but caved jumped when Bob upped the initial offer of $250,000 to $200 million during the early stages of negotiations.

Tha Realest

Fun fact - I rode Disneyland's ROTR at the same time as Terry Crews. He wasn't in our holding cell or ride vehicle, but in the same group as we were.

OG Runner

Terry Crews? Well, now we all know where a good chunk of that budget went to, hiring a top-flight A-list actor for what is likely no more than a 30-second spot in the pre-show. I heard a rumor that Bob himself negotiated the $200 million fee to get him. Terry tried to play hardball to hopefully get $500,000, but caved jumped when Bob upped the initial offer of $250,000 to $200 million during the early stages of negotiations.

Well of course, because you know having Terry Crews do that 30 second spot will completely change the way people enjoy and
feel about the ride. ;)

Ismael Flores

Tower of Twrror isn't a freefall. I'm not sure if there is any other drop tower controlled like it is anywhere.

The 4th dimension room was absolutely next level when it opened.

This rides big thing is its the "worlds first backwards launch" which isn't even true, as I'm pretty sure Mr. Freeze has operated backwards some. Not to mention Arrow shuttle loopers, and plenty of others with multiple launches.

Do you think all the CMs are in on a huge surprise that has yet to be revealed?
I believe Disney marketing said it was the first backward launch in a DISNEY park. Not the first one in the world

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Rode it yesterday and will echo what others have said. It's the smoothest ride I've ever been on. It's like Escape from Gringotts and Space Mountain had a love child. Animatronics are NOT necessary on the ride itself. Easily the top ride in all 4 parks aside from Rise but you can't really compare the two.

Tha Realest

Someone leaked the beginning of the ride until the launch part. Should I post it here with spoilers tags or nah?
Meme Reaction GIF

UNCgolf

Got to ride this again today and it definitely pushes those motion sickness boundaries. It’s 3 minutes of twisting and turning on a coaster track in the dark looking at screens.

I was wondering about this.

I love the Guardians, but nothing I've read about this ride makes it sound especially great/noteworthy to me (ignoring the fact that it's the wrong kind of ride in the wrong location). I was still planning to ride it at least once, but the motion sickness aspect may stop me from even attempting that since it doesn't seem like an experience I'd be that sad to miss.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom