Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

mergatroid

Based on the video it seems that the plot of the ride itself is you and the Guardians attempting to stop Eson from stopping Rock and Roll from being created, which is what's screwing up time.

What a plot. Very Guardians, but what a plot. I thought people on these boards told me the ride was actually gonna be about Energy since the Big Bang was in it? 🤣
I doubt it will. However as the pre show hasn't been commented on yet, I suppose there could be something in there? I'd guess however if whether this attractions mentions energy or not is how somebody is going to judge this attraction, then I think they'll be majorly disappointed. I get it doesn't really fit in many people's idea of what fits in Epcot, but I think if it's being judged on that alone no story line will please some. I understand it would probably have been a better fit in the Studios, but we are where we are now and what I see looks good (even if not as good as positioned elsewhere).

Jrb1979

From the video it looks like it will be a fun ride. It will be a great addition to Epcot and one of the better Disney coasters. I wish they had made it more like the Mummy in speed wise.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From the video it looks like it will be a fun ride. It will be a great addition to Epcot and one of the better Disney coasters. I wish they had made it more like the Mummy in speed wise.
From seeing the layout of the two tracks, it seems it will be the same speed as Mummy.

Have we received verification of the speed of Rewind?

DreamfinderGuy

I doubt it will. However as the pre show hasn't been commented on yet, I suppose there could be something in there? I'd guess however if whether this attractions mentions energy or not is how somebody is going to judge this attraction, then I think they'll be majorly disappointed. I get it doesn't really fit in many people's idea of what fits in Epcot, but I think if it's being judged on that alone no story line will please some. I understand it would probably have been a better fit in the Studios, but we are where we are now and what I see looks good (even if not as good as positioned elsewhere).
The joke was people said it fit because “the ride is about Energy”, anybody with half a brain knew it wasn’t going to be about Energy, and unsurprisingly it’s revealed that it isn’t about Energy after all.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, now that there's a video, what's the consensus... is it B.C.'s voice for Rocket? I heard some early riders say it wasn't, but from that video, I just wasn't sure (sounded more like B.C. than the commercial, that's for sure).

mergatroid

The joke was people said it fit because “the ride is about Energy”, anybody with half a brain knew it wasn’t going to be about Energy, and unsurprisingly it’s revealed that it isn’t about Energy after all.
It probably won't be about energy, I'll be surprised if it mentions it. However the pre-show is yet unknown, perhaps they'll mention it there? If they do though I'm not sure what a huge difference that will make, some of those who don't want this in Epcot won't change their views. I get that to some it would be nice and who knows, they may mention it. But if they do that doesn't really mean that suddenly Disney now understands what some people on here want, then other rides not seemingly educational in Epcot will be brought into it again and we're kind of back to square one.

I guess different people want different things and I can see both sides.

Last edited:

Incomudro

Haters gonna hate, and there is plenty of that on this board. The beginning of the ride looks awesome. Can’t wait to ride. Screens look great!
Yes, once they've invested themselves in hating something from its very concept - and dug their heels in - there's no turning back.
Then as rides such as this start to look great, they've got to double down.
"It doesn't belong in Epcot." Even though the Epcot they're referring to has been gone for more than two decades.
The over simplifications: "Coaster in a box." "Just screens..."

Anteater

Yes, once they've invested themselves in hating something from its very concept - and dug their heels in - there's no turning back.
"It doesn't belong in Epcot." Even though the Epcot they're referring to has been gone for more than two decades.
Well, it IS a "Coaster in a box". So is SM. 🤣. The screens used remind me of those on Star Tours and are definitely a sign of corner cutting. I'm waiting for opening and guest reviews though; the screens aren't seen but for a few seconds. The projections look good and I'm sure the ride is smooth as butta' (since it's brand new!).

I can of so many ways they could have used the UoE building better. But, the old epcot is dead. This makes for replacement to bring others in.

Jrb1979

I don't hate but don't love it either. It looks like a fun ride. In the end it's still a Disney coaster. I would have loved a spinning coaster similar to the on at Silver Dollar City but in the dark.

celluloid

This is the first ground to finish EPCOt
I don’t hate this ride. I don’t hate the Starcruiser. It’s just comical how foolish you folks look claiming EVRY new ride as the “best on the property”. I’m sure Tron will get the same response. Well, maybe not.

But a small POV of basically nothing but screens in a powered section of the ride is being praised as the best ride ever?

C’mon, man.

For me, the expression giving someone hungry chicken and calling it a steak is a phrase often with current TDO leadership.

It does seem like it is a well designed experience for an enclosed coaster. Which is awesome, but I would think it would be odd in timing for it to be the best thing WDW has ever or even currently has. But I think we can give people their opinions or at least quietly understand why that this new thing would have people so excited as investments this size, are not as common anymore.

It is the first ground up new non cloned attraction system/ride EPCOT has had in a very long time. Hopefully we just continually get more investments on this level and beyond.

Incomudro

I don’t hate this ride. I don’t hate the Starcruiser. It’s just comical how foolish you folks look claiming EVRY new ride as the “best on the property”. I’m sure Tron will get the same response. Well, maybe not.

But a small POV of basically nothing but screens in a powered section of the ride is being praised as the best ride ever?

C’mon, man.
I didn't say "It's the best ride ever," it does however appear that it is going to be the most fun ride on the property that is Epcot, edging out Test Track.
The evidence is mounting that the ride is really good.
Best is more subjective than fun, being Epcot gives us Spaceship Earth and The Land would could be considered best in other ways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom