News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

pdude81

I like that idea, but if they were planning on moving any of the walls back wouldn't they wait to install the Rocket and Groot statue in that vicinity?
I have to assume the character statue locations were picked long ago and they wouldn't be able to risk construction delays in a different area. That being said, I don't expect that to be wrapped up soon enough to move those walls anyway. That's looks about as finished as the area in front of Club Cool 2 months ago.

Dunston

Interesting item popped up in my social media feed yesterday... Guardians 3 is filming in the Atlanta/North Georgia area and they put out a casting call for extras. Filming dates are Nov 8, 2021 - March, 2022.
I wonder how true the rumors are that the interior of the building and ride are basically done and just need footage of the Guardians.

MaximumEd

I may have missed a bit here and there, but this project has seemed to manage to stay under wraps pretty well. We’ve had a pic of the ride vehicle and a deliberately ambiguous sketch of the ride path. Seems more would have leaked by now.

britain

I may have missed a bit here and there, but this project has seemed to manage to stay under wraps pretty well. We’ve had a pic of the ride vehicle and a deliberately ambiguous sketch of the ride path. Seems more would have leaked by now.
Not much to show in this screen filled coaster, at least not much to show that’s worth risking your job.

DreamfinderGuy

I’m more surprised nothing has leaked from Wonders. Not a floor plan, not a single photo from the inside, nothing. I haven’t seen a thing since interior demolition first started, seems like something would’ve leaked by now.

Movielover

I’m more surprised nothing has leaked from Wonders. Not a floor plan, not a single photo from the inside, nothing. I haven’t seen a thing since interior demolition first started, seems like something would’ve leaked by now.
It has, that's why they replaced the roof.

R.8ef6049d8983df2aa40997132137c765

;)

Dunston

As I did in the Tron thread, I thought it would be interesting to compare this ride's construction with other recent WDW projects. The prevailing theory on this forum with insiders is that they want to open by Spring 2022. Let's say that's May 2022, 9 months from now.

Here is what Galaxy's Edge looked like in December 2019, 9 months before opening, versus now:
DufRsoVU8AEXIcr

E_DApRcXMAIKtFL

If you compare Cosmic Rewind to Galaxy's edge, the exterior looks like it's on-track to be open in Spring 2022 for sure. The footage and all the vfx work it requires could be a hold up, but if WDW wanted, they could complete this project by the rumored date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom