News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MickeyMouse10

Black Box or Screens??? It doesn't really matter what you call it. Guardians is going to be a success either way and have a long line reaching to Spaceship Earth.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Of course it will be. It’s a coaster. It’s new. It’s shiny. That’s more than enough for the target demographic.

I know this'll probably come off as sacrilege, but I think that each park in WDW needs at least one high action ride. I don't think MS fits that bill (almost, but not really, even the orange side). There has to be something in each park that will draw the whole vacation party into it without feeling like they wasted their whole day (kinda how I felt in HS before TSL and in AK before Pandora was open) in a park that might have 2 attractions that they like, with a FP at 10am and their next one at 3pm, and that middle time being wasted on crap (because I'm not plopping down $200 a day on merch in each individual park, that's saved for the last day when leaving with a stop at the Springs) because the WDW FP is a ponzi scheme. lol.

Purduevian

Is it to early to speculate on ride length? Any educated guesses?

No insider knowledge, but piecing together 3 things we've learned. "One of the World's longest Indoor Coasters", Launch coaster, and on the intensity level of BTMRR. I will make a guess.

Mindbender is the longest indoor coaster at 4,198 ft... however it says "one of" not the longest. It will probably be closer to Rock n Rollercoaster at 3,403 feet.

Launch coasters obviously don't have the lift hill time that traditional coasters do.

Watching a Big thunder Mountain POV give me the following times:
22 seconds from start to lift hill
38 seconds on lift hill 1
30 seconds from lift hill 1 to lift hill 2
25 seconds on lift hill 2
26 seconds from lift hill 2 to 3
20 seconds on lift hill 3
25 seconds from lift hill 3 to brake run
20 seconds from brake run to unload

Now to convert this level of intensity to a launch coaster of 3,500 feet!
Big thunder mountain has a length of 2,671 feet
BTMR spends 83 seconds on lift hills. Assuming the lift hill is 5 mph. BTMR travels about 600 feet on lift hills
BTMR spends 20 seconds from brake run to unload and travels ~7mph. BTMR travels about 200 feet on the brake run.
The rest of the run covers the 1,871 feet in 98 seconds for an average speed of ~13mph (slower at tops of hills, faster in valleys)

Taking all of this into account... I predict
~20-30 seconds from load to launch (400-500 feet)
~10-20 second stop before launch (similar to SDD)
~20 seconds from brake run to unload (~200 feet)
Leaving ~2800 feet of track between launch and brake run. IF it averaged ~13mph it would take 2 minutes and 27 seconds

Total run time of about ~3 minutes and 40 seconds.
For reference Rock N roller coaster from launch to unload is about 1 minute 10 seconds
Tron is from launch to unload is about 55 seconds.

_caleb

No insider knowledge, but piecing together 3 things we've learned. "One of the World's longest Indoor Coasters", Launch coaster, and on the intensity level of BTMRR. I will make a guess.

Mindbender is the longest indoor coaster at 4,198 ft... however it says "one of" not the longest. It will probably be closer to Rock n Rollercoaster at 3,403 feet.

Launch coasters obviously don't have the lift hill time that traditional coasters do.

BTMR spends 83 seconds on lift hills. Assuming the lift hill is 5 mph. BTMR travels about 600 feet on lift hills
BTMR spends 20 seconds from brake run to unload and travels ~7mph. BTMR travels about 200 feet on the brake run.
The rest of the run covers the 1,871 feet in 98 seconds for an average speed of ~13mph (slower at tops of hills, faster in valleys)

Leaving ~2800 feet of track between launch and brake run. IF it averaged ~13mph it would take 2 minutes and 27 seconds

For reference Rock N roller coaster from launch to unload is about 1 minute 10 seconds
Wow

CalebS

I have no idea if anything you just said is even remotely accurate, but I just wanted to offer you a like on your post and a good job because it sounds like you put a lot of effort into that and everyone needs a pat on the back sometimes

Touchdown

Longest can mean two things (time and length) but in the coaster stat world it means length of track. The longest coaster in the world is Steel Dragon 2000 at 8133 ft, longest in the US is Fury 325 at 6602 ft.

The Incridicoaster at DCA is actually #7, even with how big that building is it’s not going to touch those coasters; Exhibition Everest is currently the longest coaster at WDW at 4424 ft, if this coaster is longer then Everest, that’s going to be one heck of an indoor coaster and there will have to be a portion of the ride (not just the station) in the old UoE building, or there will be no room for theming in the gravity building because the track is going to twist too much on itself.

lazyboy97o

Longest can mean two things (time and length) but in the coaster stat world it means length of track. The longest coaster in the world is Steel Dragon 2000 at 8133 ft, longest in the US is Fury 325 at 6602 ft.

The Incridicoaster at DCA is actually #7, even with how big that building is it’s not going to touch those coasters; Exhibition Everest is currently the longest coaster at WDW at 4424 ft, if this coaster is longer then Everest, that’s going to be one heck of an indoor coaster and there will have to be a portion of the ride (not just the station) in the old UoE building, or there will be no room for theming in the gravity building because the track is going to twist too much on itself.
It will be one of the longest indoor coasters.

The Pho

The Beast is the longest coaster in the US at 7359 ft. Fury 325 is the longest steel coaster in the US. The records for indoor coasters are not quite as impressive though, the longest indoor is just over half the length of the longest outdoor coaster. If this was going to be the length of Everest, they would definitely be claiming it to be the longest indoor and not just one of the longest.

Purduevian

I have no idea if anything you just said is even remotely accurate, but I just wanted to offer you a like on your post and a good job because it sounds like you put a lot of effort into that and everyone needs a pat on the back sometimes

Everything is accuratish with math, but goes with a TON of assumptions about the ride based on hints I have heard in this thread (length, intensity, single launch). The math is actually much easier than trying to get "splits" for BTMRR.

The Beast is the longest coaster in the US at 7359 ft. Fury 325 is the longest steel coaster in the US. The records for indoor coasters are not quite as impressive though, the longest indoor is just over half the length of the longest outdoor coaster. If this was going to be the length of Everest, they would definitely be claiming it to be the longest indoor and not just one of the longest.

To be "one of the longest" indoor rollercoasters, I assume it will be somewhere between 3500 and 4200 ft long.
To be over 3,500 ft, I assume it will be longer than other Disney indoor coasters, or at least close to it. For reference RnRC is 3,403', SM (WDW) is 3,196/3,186 (depending on the side), SM (DLR) 3,035. I would be quite sad if the 9,500,000 ft^3 gravity building did not have more track than the 3,500,000 ft^3 RnRC gravity building.

I doubt it will be the longest indoor roller coaster in the world... of they would advertise it. Worlds longest indoor roller coaster is Mindbender at Galaxyland Amusement Park at 4,198'. So I assume it will be under that.

The Pho

To be "one of the longest" indoor rollercoasters, I assume it will be somewhere between 3500 and 4200 ft long.
To be over 3,500 ft, I assume it will be longer than other Disney indoor coasters, or at least close to it. For reference RnRC is 3,403', SM (WDW) is 3,196/3,186 (depending on the side), SM (DLR) 3,035. I would be quite sad if the 9,500,000 ft^3 gravity building did not have more track than the 3,500,000 ft^3 RnRC gravity building.

I doubt it will be the longest indoor roller coaster in the world... of they would advertise it. Worlds longest indoor roller coaster is Mindbender at Galaxyland Amusement Park at 4,198'. So I assume it will be under that.
Exactly, I’ve been assuming it’ll be in the ballpark of 3500ft. If it’s more than that than great. Problem is one of the longest is a very loose term, and there aren’t many indoor coasters so it’s an easy claim.

Tonto

Exactly, I’ve been assuming it’ll be in the ballpark of 3500ft. If it’s more than that than great. Problem is one of the longest is a very loose term, and there aren’t many indoor coasters so it’s an easy claim.
I would be satisfied with a 2:30 plus minute roller coaster experience. Do our insiders know if this expectation is a realistic one?
@Magic Feather ; @marni1971 ?

Purduevian

Exhibition Everest is currently the longest coaster at WDW at 4424 ft, if this coaster is longer then Everest, that’s going to be one heck of an indoor coaster and there will have to be a portion of the ride (not just the station) in the old UoE building, or there will be no room for theming in the gravity building because the track is going to twist too much on itself.
Fun Fact. EE takes up ~105,000 sqft. GotG:CR gravity building+launch tunnel take up ~95,000 sqft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom