News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

October82

I think this ride will have a lot great visuals. There is a lot that can be done with the Guardians.

Look at what they did with Mission Breakout over in Cali. There is so much eye candy on that ride it's unbelievable.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. MB is almost entirely screen/projection based.

MickeyMouse10

Your comparing a ride that utilized existing show space (from a prior ride) and more importantly goes up and down a few times reusing the same space. (A much smaller space) in not arguing that there cant be lots done im simply skeptical of disneys desire to spend money to fill that massive box that can fit spaceship earth inside it with detail.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. MB is almost entirely screen/projection based.

It is pretty simple.

A lot of things can be done with the Black Box idea. With a rollercoaster its actually perfect because it can surround you. They could even do rethemings very easily for the holidays.

matt9112

It is pretty simple.

A lot of things can be done with the Black Box idea. With a rollercoaster its actually perfect because it can surround you. They could even do rethemings very easily for the holidays.

You have A MASSIVE amount of faith in twdc. Theres no example of a similar idea EVER having alot going on. Space mountain...vuage grainy projections you cant even see. Rock n roller coaster has cutouts that belong at a six flags. The backwards portion of EE literally has nothing. Tron has a few small projection like screens but mostly nothing as well.

October82

It is pretty simple.

1. Mission Breakout isn't a black box. It's flat screens with very limited physical sets. There's not much going on beyond the characters on the screens.
2. The "black box" concept might happen, but if so, it will be precisely because it allows attractions to be turned over at minimal cost - precisely because there isn't a lot of "eye candy" - just CGI.
3. What people are concerned about here is not that Disney can't put screens in a box, it's that those screens don't substitute for a fully realized environment. It's a good point that given Disney's recent track record, they aren't filling a building this large with detail.

Captain Neo

Project Sausalito is the attraction. It is a Marvel project, not an Epcot project. Fitzgerald didn’t want the Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot.

He wasn’t on the project.

firzgerald was on stage talking about guardians (and the whole Epcot project) in 2017. If it was a marvel project why wasn’t Rhodes the one presenting it?

Tonto

Yeah, this appears to be much more of a coaster then Gringotts.
My opinion is that Gringotts is an awesome attraction, because of the seamless "amazing" theming that starts from the minute you see the building and then ends when you get off the coaster. However if evaluated in a vacuum the ride itself is good, but not amazing. This is a case of the whole attraction being better than the individual parts. I want to reiterate I think Gringotts is amazing. Was just trying to relay some thoughts about the actual ride itself. My point is I don't think GOG needs to copy Gringotts. They need to put out a great attraction though and I honestly don't mind if there is an abundance of screens on a rollercoaster. Cant wait to see the finished product!

Any chance this could be completed by EOY 2020?

Last edited:

Captain Neo

Because that’s not really a key part of creative development and it’s the biggest new thing coming to the “new” Epcot.

Bruh they threw Rhode in front of all the PR for the Guardians overlay of Tower of Terror but not have him pull the curtains back for Disney's first built from-the-ground up Marvel e-ticket for Walt Disney World??

Mike S

Bruh they threw Rhode in front of all the PR for the Guardians overlay of Tower of Terror but not have him pull the curtains back for Disney's first built from-the-ground up Marvel e-ticket for Walt Disney World??
First and only most likely. I don’t think they’ll make an E Ticket for any of the other random heroes they could possibly have rights to.

lazyboy97o

There is no divine rule that whoever is presenting an attraction has to be a certain position working on it. Mission: Breakout! was not being built as the same time as a large park wide project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom