News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Timothy_Q

Can someone point me to where the "planetary origin" story is originating from? I have heard people talking about it, but I didn't recall picking up on anything like that from the narration at the Epcot Experience show. It sounded more like Alien Encounter where a fictitious alien race is hosting a World Showcase-like pavilion. And Rocket comes in.

While it's a bit of a stretch, I can see how a story about how our planetary system came to be could fit into Epcot's overall story. And where Rocket says, "That's boring - let me take you there." But, I didn't get that from what I remembered hearing.
Disney Parks Blog wrote this

"At Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind the adventure will start in the “Galaxarium,” a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar. You’ll be invited to learn more about Xandar’s treasures – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and adventures across the cosmos ensue. "

Epcot82Guy

Disney Parks Blog wrote this

"At Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind the adventure will start in the “Galaxarium,” a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar. You’ll be invited to learn more about Xandar’s treasures – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and adventures across the cosmos ensue. "

Ah - ok. So people are maybe reading a bit into that. It seems like it's more a traditional TL story, but - again - we'll see.

Epcot82Guy

Like I keep on saying this is one of the rides I am looking forward to the most,just wish it was going in Hollywood studios

Agreed. As many Disney flames are going right now, for me placement is the BIGGEST issue by far. Enchanted Rose, Cosmic Rewind, MP, Rat, etc. is all about placement and fit. Not the attractions themselves. (Other than maybe Rat, but only because I wasn't that impressed at DLP. :) )

V_L_Raptor

So I'm not sure where in the thread this would be, but when did we get the Rocket and Little Groot thrash edutainment plot instead of Peter Quill's polaroid photo? I'm guessing that's all new since at least D23, but it's definitely a R&G storyline since they put up the promo stuff in Odyssey.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, so far, there's the big bang and formation of galaxies.

So let me expand my guess: a Xandarian education exhibit that lets one see intro the past with the formation of our galaxies and the Guardians get hilariously embroiled in it and get sent back into the past themselves.

MotherOfBirds

Forgive me if it's been posted already in the last 600+ pages, but I saw a video a couple months ago of the vehicles cycling at the Vekoma test center. Does anyone know where I can find that again? It was just a bystander video taken from outside the property, but I'll take anything.

trainplane3

Forgive me if it's been posted already in the last 600+ pages, but I saw a video a couple months ago of the vehicles cycling at the Vekoma test center. Does anyone know where I can find that again? It was just a bystander video taken from outside the property, but I'll take anything.
You may have to dig for it but it's on this channel I think: https://www.youtube.com/user/tijger11

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom