News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

Dueling Dragons aka Dragon Challenge (Uni) was for DAK's Beastly Kingdom. Then 9/11 happened and the coaster was bought by Uni.

So they did plan to do more scream machines.
Whoops. Well, DD was still meant for DAK prior to BK being cut.
Beastlie Kingdomme had a similar attraction in that it was an dragon centered inverted coaster, but the actual coasters were not bought by Disney and then sold to Universal. A number of Imagineers who were laid off when the project was shelved did move over to what is now Universal Creative to work on Islands of Adventure because people have to work and moving between companies as projects come and go isn’t unusual.

smile

A number of Imagineers who were laid off when the project was shelved did move over to what is now Universal Creative to work on Islands of Adventure because people have to work and moving between companies as projects come and go isn’t unusual.

talent is spread as far now as ever
... don't think enough appreciate the fact wdi doesn't quite wield the monopoly it used to

completely different ballgame nowadays compared to the wed factory, and it shows

rowrbazzle

Allegedly, the reverse launch will be caused by the Big Bang. If so, I think it is interesting that that element will thematically remain in the pavilion. And even more so because there were proposals a long time ago to replace Energy with a Big Bang centered attraction.

With each new piece of information it just sounds more and more ridiculous.

I hope it'll at least be a good coaster. Only two more years! 😄 :rolleyes:

October82

Allegedly, the reverse launch will be caused by the Big Bang. If so, I think it is interesting that that element will thematically remain in the pavilion. And even more so because there were proposals a long time ago to replace Energy with a Big Bang centered attraction.

Honestly, I think WDI is trying to make this feel like an Epcot center attraction, with the educational aspect. It would be funny to have bill nye narrate the pre-show and to be interrupted by rocket. Towards the end of the attraction, we fly by horizons, and crash through the universe of energy sign. Kinda like back to the future the ride. This won’t happen, but it would be cool

They key word here is feel. I would be very happy if this attraction can at least inspire people with the beauty of the universe, but it's not going to educate people in the way that EPCOT Center aimed at. The Big Bang and galaxy formation are highly complicated and counter-intuitive* and while it's possible to do an old style attraction about them - everything that has actually been shared about this attraction suggests more of an artful/IP-driven approach than an educational/scientific one.

*for instance, the Big Bang doesn't do the sort of thing described here. Of course, it works on an intuitive/artful level and will probably be a pretty cool moment for a theme park ride, but it's not an EPCOT Center type moment.

Tonto

With each new piece of information it just sounds more and more ridiculous.

I hope it'll at least be a good coaster. Only two more years! 😄:rolleyes:
Yeah, my opinion is that the more information that is released the more interesting and awesome it sounds. The cars are also amazing looking.
There are lots of people on this site that will dislike anything Disney does especially on this project because of people’s perceived opinion that this coaster is in the wrong park.

I say, relax. Evaluate the rides merits when complete.

Texas84

What in the world is this?
EFCBx-IXsAUahfr.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Spash007

Blog Mickey has photos showing that the construction wall have been pushed out to encompass the entire area in front of Energy and Wonders of Life.

What a time to be alive!

In all seriousness, it would be nice if more of the walls were themed/interesting like the GotG ones are/were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom