News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Purduevian

Wondering if anyone knows if this is going to be the single largest attraction/queue building by volume of any Disney ride. We already know it can fit 4 Spaceship Earths... Does anything else even come close to that? Maybe adding all 3 Soarin theaters/ queues?

tparris

Someone livestreamed from the EPCOT monorail on Twitter, and the original walls around Energy are gone.
571A9CB2-873E-48F3-9FDA-AD339DA30FCB.png
1A9C21AA-09AF-4C3E-9B98-9FA6DB2E4DFB.png

MickeyMouse10

It would have been funny if Ellen did a skit on her show. In it she could refuse to move and allow Disney to demo her attraction. However she could be the only one willing to protest. Everyone else on her staff doesn't care and they're off doing other things.

The skit ends when Jamie Lee Curtis wearing a hardhat begins destroying the building. Stupid Judy Wins.

Last edited:

gustaftp

You can see why they got rid of Ellen's ride, it was horrible. But I would have loved to have seen something that fits Epcot more than Guardians. Like, Wall-E.
I don't think it was horrible. But with the changing nature of the information presented and the fact it relied so heavily on celebrities I'd argue that it had a shelf life of about 10 years. We should've been saying "bye-bye" to this version of the attraction in 2005-2006 when vestiges of the 1990s were still somewhat common.

To me, it really started seeming noticeably dated in 2008, when the Jeopardy set had changed twice, iPhones were becoming common, LCD TVs were in most people's homes, Bill Nye the Science Guy wasn't in reruns anymore, and fuel prices had skyrocketed.

I want to say it was around this time that a refurbishment had been done to the ride systems, which made me think that they were looking at swapping out for newer films in the near future. Instead. they kept running the dang thing another decade to the point it had gotten laughably bad -- and almost nostalgic of a different era.

Epcot82Guy

Can someone point me to where the "planetary origin" story is originating from? I have heard people talking about it, but I didn't recall picking up on anything like that from the narration at the Epcot Experience show. It sounded more like Alien Encounter where a fictitious alien race is hosting a World Showcase-like pavilion. And Rocket comes in.

While it's a bit of a stretch, I can see how a story about how our planetary system came to be could fit into Epcot's overall story. And where Rocket says, "That's boring - let me take you there." But, I didn't get that from what I remembered hearing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom