News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rreading

From the sounds of things, Tower of Terror is probably a pretty good indication of what this ride experience will be like.

Very good queue and atmosphere leading to the ride itself. The ride itself will feature some cool but probably simple dark ride elements with the bulk of the experience essentially just being a fancy version of a carnival thrill ride mostly in a dark, lightly themed environment ending up back in the same well themed immersive environment as the queue.

Am I too far off?

If I'm right, I personally think this sounds like it will be quite the ride.

They did a good job fitting Avatar perfectly into Animal Kingdom by focusing in on the study of keystone species and animal behaviors on Pandora. So, I'm not gonna rule out the possibility of WDI finding a way to fit GotG in Epcot decently. But it doesn't seem like an obvious fit. Though the ride should be pretty good if you can ignore the park it is in.

We can only hope...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
There's a limit to how well the effect works with views from a wide angle. In M:B, the effect is all up and down bouncy and not side to side. I would imagine that the way a coaster train is spread out, it would be difficult to do a proper side-to-side FX, and the track presumably doesn't bounce up and down.

Manta at SWSD utalizes a paralax effect in the launch tunnel with a full coaster train... Granted the effect is only while the train "rolls" back and forward by a few feet, but still... I agree that a paralax effect in much more movement(specifically multiple degrees of motion) would be much more difficult to do with a full train.

True but this is a bit more involved then Verbolten. This has switches before the drop track along with a reverse launch vs Verboltens single drop. There's a lot of moving parts for a coaster: 2 switches, drop track, launches, reverse section.

Meh... As far as complexity, it's really just Hong Kong Disneyland's Grizzly Mountain with an added drop track. Mummy and Gringots had complexities of their own that they have (mostly) worked out.

raymusiccity

I agree. I even think it enhances the look of Test Track, which is just a shiny aluminum can to me.

*ducks and runs*

Congratulations! You said the 'Secret Word' (shiny!)....
images.jpg
......Maybe they can work him into the queue!

smile

Then again, rumor has it Team Disney Anaheim will not stand for low capacity headliners anymore and delayed Marvel land so that WDI could address this.

eight point nine bazillions for seventy-two secs?
what's the prob?! :p

killer queues, tho

Bairstow

Sure but if the nature of the ride itself is a 90-180 sec roller coaster thrill experience, having some entertainment to the queue can make it a more well-rounded experience. Similar to TOT, in which the thrill of the experience is brief, but the build up is a good bit of the fun. Indeed, for that ride, where does the experience begin -at the television screen or boarding the elevator?

It begins at the end of Sunset Boulevard, looking up at the Tower.
ToT is 90% queue and 10% ride, and all the better for it.

So are we thinking now that significant portions of the Mission Breakout experience are going to somehow be incorporated into the EPCOT ride?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The worlds first drop track, with worklights on. Go to 1:10

What I find most impressive (especially since this was the first) is the lack of delays/lag. I mean, the drop track moves within about 3 seconds of when the train comes to a stop, and the train starts moving again within about 1 second after the drop segment bottoms out. I feel with Verboltin (the only other coaster with a similar drop element that I've ridden), the approach to and hold at the drop are so much longer (though I'm not sure how much of that is due to ride requirements and how much is added just for story telling purposes...)

Next Big Thing

Excuse me if this question has been asked already as i've only been partly keeping up, but is there going to be any big drops on this coasters? The building is certainly tall enough for something pretty substantial.

JAMMYD778

What I find most impressive (especially since this was the first) is the lack of delays/lag. I mean, the drop track moves within about 3 seconds of when the train comes to a stop, and the train starts moving again within about 1 second after the drop segment bottoms out. I feel with Verboltin (the only other coaster with a similar drop element that I've ridden), the approach to and hold at the drop are so much longer (though I'm not sure how much of that is due to ride requirements and how much is added just for story telling purposes...)

Yes, Intamin have pretty much perfected the drop track and timings. The speed at which the track section drops, locates, and then resets all day, constantly, is incredible in person. It's just a case of having reliable launches, dual drop tracks and track switches working in harmony. Intamin aren't the best when it comes to reliability.

MagicJack78

The beauty of automation!

Kman101

epcot has none of the story telling aspect of soaring....

Nope. And it's why it's a big miss for me, same for Test Track, even though both actually fit the park. I like them both, they're fun of course, but they lack the true setup something at Epcot deserves. I know people don't see it like I do and will defend them endlessly; it's not me knocking the rides themselves, but the setup is poor. I guess we can just imagine a greater setup, but it's like they cut out the bones and give us what's leftover, which is the thrill aspect. There's no reason both can't exist.

Mission Space actually does a better job making it a complete experience (well, sort of) and setting it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom