News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Coasters can ultimately only be so family friendly. Unless this moves at a snails pace ... it's still going to be a thrilling coaster (I'm imagining Slinky Dog but you're "coasting"). But not "rip your heart out and shove it back in" scary.

With Chapek's promise of "more family", and insiders saying 'no loops,' I don't see this being any more thrilling than any of the other coasters excluding RnRC.

And if they're really trying to draw people from MK, then they have to draw families, which means more rides kids can ride (see Mission Space Green).

Kman101

With Chapek's promise of "more family", and insiders saying 'no loops,' I don't see this being any more thrilling than any of the other coasters excluding RnRC.

And if they're really trying to draw people from MK, then they have to draw families, which means more rides kids can ride (see Mission Space Green).

Very much agreed, but we're not really sure how tame this is. "Family Friendly" can have some loose interpretation. I agree it's not going to be overly exciting but to some even a tame coaster is a major thrill. It's always going to be a 'thrill ride' unless they're giving us The Barnstormer hidden behind fancy queues and pre-shows. But I know what you meant, was just saying any coaster is still a thrilling experience, but it's clearly going to be family friendly. I'm just wondering on what level.

DarleneBurrows

Perhaps this has been discussed in the some 300 pages, but is this just going to be a straight forward extreme coaster with a few flashing lights to create an 'experience', or will it be more themed; be it screens, storyline, animatronics, etc?

I actually feel there are way to many coasters being built of late, something Walt himself didn't like.

DarleneBurrows

Thing is, this is a PG-13 franchise so they need to make it at least semi-thrilling. People will expect it going in. I get no loops, but I still think the coaster will have some zip to it.

Different strokes for different folks.

I know me and my family, don't do extreme thrill rides. You make it scary, add loops, extreme pace, you are essentially turning away 50% of visitors who won't do that type of attraction.

Make it mild, but get the thrills in other ways you pretty much allow everyone to experience it.

Next Big Thing

I know me and my family, don't do extreme thrill rides. You make it scary, add loops, extreme pace, you are essentially turning away 50% of visitors who won't do that type of attraction.

Make it mild, but get the thrills in other ways you pretty much allow everyone to experience it.
That's pretty much what i'm saying. I know there won't be loops or anything like that.

Bairstow

Perhaps this has been discussed in the some 300 pages, but is this just going to be a straight forward extreme coaster with a few flashing lights to create an 'experience', or will it be more themed; be it screens, storyline, animatronics, etc?

I actually feel there are way to many coasters being built of late, something Walt himself didn't like.

There's no such thing as too many indoor coasters. Indoor coasters and coaster/dark ride hybrids are my jam. If everything Disney built was basically Curse of Novgorod I would be totally cool with it.

But that's just me.

As for the incorpation of various effects into the Guardians attraction, nothing is confirmed but it's practically a given that the attraction will at the very least have a number of projected elements along the coaster path. The very fact that Vekoma has designed a pivoting car system for this attraction suggests that Disney had various scenic elements in mind when they commissioned this new ride system.
Since Disney (Garner Holt?) has already designed and built at least two Rockets Raccoon, it would be a reasonable assumption that an identical or similar figure will be incorporated somewhere.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Quite a few helixes.
When did Disney buy the Helix property?
images

Bairstow

Use the helixes with the controlled rotation to have guests face the center of the helix? Show element in the center there, centrifugal forces give guests some positive horizontal Gs.
Good thinking! That would be a really neat application, and could work pretty well with static, or nearly-static figures. Like the "Bullet Time" camera effect except the riders' eyes function as the camera. Might work with or without strobes, depending on the nature of the scenic element in the center.

UpAllNight

I think the balance of new rides is good overall, but I would like a few more water rides and standard dark rides. Got to remember Mickey, Ratatouille etc are on the way. I personally feel Disney World is several coasters short at the moment (they’re also many Fantasyland dark rides short!)

Disneyhead'71

I'm not sayin' Disney fans are on the sensitive side, but I heard Disney had to remove all the park benches around the parks because all the guests were getting motion sickness from sitting on them. :)

MagicJack78

What about show scenes? That's all I really care about. Will we be impressed? Will there be enough of them?
I believe Marni mentioned some points yesterday and today that I found to be interesting regarding details of the ride.
1. It will be a cross between Space Mountain and the Mummy.
2. The theming in the roller coaster portion would be akin to Space Mountain Paris.
3. Show scenes would probably be in the beginning of the ride.
4. There may be some AA's
5. Many Helix's
Anyway these are some of the details, I picked up based on Marni dropping some knowledge on us.
Let me know if I missed anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom