News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
But this is an "Other World Showcase" pavilion. Why would it be aesthetically linked to other World Discovery pavilions? Is Test Track meant to be a showcase for an alien civilization?

Wait, so the ceiling-screen room is followed by a long series of ramps through an entirely unthemed area? I honestly didn't expect that.
It’s the first room. The entire Universe of Energy pavilion is the queue. Remember how HUGE that building is??

Look guys, and I’m typing this as I’m watching Martin’s Communicore tribute video,….this looks cool! It fits the “Epcot” aesthetic. And it’s gonna be a fun experience! People are gonna love this. And World Discovery is going to feel kinda unified when this opens.

The Epcot we have in 2023 is going to be light years better than the Epcot we had for the last like 15 years or so.

It’s okay to enjoy fun!

UNCgolf

At one point, around 1:35, he seems to show the next lengthy expanse of queue in a connected but distinct room.

Yeah, I saw that, but I thought it may have just been the final part of the "galaxarium" room considering it immediately goes back to the projection ceiling.

In looking at it again, it does look like it might be another area -- looks like a relatively narrow hallway though. It could be leading into another room with some kind of theming, but who knows. They had to spend that $450m on something, and it wasn't AAs or a massive projection dome, so...?

No Name

As someone else said above, though, seems like they could have done it without being so in your face about it -- it takes up the entire projection screen at one point.

Either way, it's minor. My main disappointment is that the projection is less impressive than what I could get at a planetarium. Again, though, it's just the queue. It's not like it's the attraction itself.
The concept art made it seem like the projection would have some kind of depth to it, and considering their recent space screens do, I thought this would too. And I thought the projector in the middle would have lights coming out of it or something. Of course concept art isn’t realistic, but for the amount they’ve been promoting this specific thing, they set our expectations high.

1648779800085.jpeg

And to an earlier comment you made, I think they would’ve liked to have made it bigger but the ceiling isn’t high enough in that part of the building.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
It’s the first room. The entire Universe of Energy pavilion is the queue. Remember how HUGE that building is??

Look guys, and I’m typing this as I’m watching Martin’s Communicore tribute video,….this looks cool! It fits the “Epcot” aesthetic. And it’s gonna be a fun experience! People are gonna love this. And World Discovery is going to feel kinda unified when this opens.

The Epcot we have in 2023 is going to be light years better than the Epcot we had for the last like 15 years or so.

It’s okay to enjoy fun!
I won't have as much fun without animatronics. I've been beating that drum for a long time, and if the "site that must not be named" is correct, this is going to be very disappointing.

I still think Marvel characters have no place in Epcot. I'm not against a roller coaster in Epcot, but I am against attractions that don't have any basis in the original goal of Epcot. TRON could have made sense if it were a pavilion based on computer technology. But Guardians is being shoe-horned into Epcot. It didn't make any sense when they announced it, it still doesn't, and the only reason it's being done is because Disney doesn't care about what they put in Epcot anymore.

I'm sure the roller coaster will be fun (though reverse-launches aren't as thrilling in my opinion). But I can have fun and still criticize it mercilessly for the stupid, profit-driven decisions that have placed this ride in this park.

Oh yeah, and there are no animatronics. Oh, and I'll have to pay at least $10 extra to not wait 3.5 hours for it. No, I'm not excited for this now. The animatronics possibility was my last hope.

UNCgolf

The concept art made it seem like the projection would have some kind of depth to it, and considering their recent space screens do, I thought this would too. And I thought the projector in the middle would have lights coming out of it or something. Of course concept art isn’t realistic, but for the amount they’ve been promoting this specific thing, they set our expectations high.

View attachment 629788

And to an earlier comment you made, I think they would’ve liked to have made it bigger but the ceiling isn’t high enough in that part of the building.

I don't think I've ever seen that concept art -- but yes, I was definitely imagining something more like that.

lazyboy97o

But this is an "Other World Showcase" pavilion. Why would it be aesthetically linked to other World Discovery pavilions? Is Test Track meant to be a showcase for an alien civilization?
It’ll be reimagine into the first Other Universe Showcase where we travel the multiverse to the Cars universe!

The entire Universe of Energy pavilion is the queue.
No, it is not. A significant portion of the building is used by the coaster.

TalkingHead

Ok, with all the controversy already surrounding this first room of the queue, lets compare a "classic" epcot queue with the galaxarium:

Horizons:
View attachment 629765View attachment 629768

Cosmic Rewind:

View attachment 629770View attachment 629771

It won't be the most popular opinion in the room, but they honestly share a lot in common. Only differences are quality of video and a few more colors used in Horizons. Considering how short the very front of Energy is, I'm expecting this to be a smaller space than it looks. I might be wrong though.

Now, I'm not a fan of every single queue in EPCOT being purely blue lights. We need some variety in that department.
Yes, flash pictures of the Horizons queue without show lighting definitely look worse than the manicured promotional images of the new queue. Talk about an unfair comparison.

tommyhawkins

Yeah, I saw that, but I thought it may have just been the final part of the "galaxarium" room considering it immediately goes back to the projection ceiling.

In looking at it again, it does look like it might be another area -- looks like a relatively narrow hallway though. It could be leading into another room with some kind of theming, but who knows. They had to spend that $450m on something, and it wasn't AAs or a massive projection dome, so...?
Just to remind everyone. you have only seen a tiny portion of the start and end of the queue and there maybe way more on a another floor as you need to get over the tracks

TikibirdLand

Ok, with all the controversy already surrounding this first room of the queue, lets compare a "classic" epcot queue with the galaxarium:

Horizons:
View attachment 629765View attachment 629768

Cosmic Rewind:

View attachment 629770View attachment 629771

It won't be the most popular opinion in the room, but they honestly share a lot in common. Only differences are quality of video and a few more colors used in Horizons. Considering how short the very front of Energy is, I'm expecting this to be a smaller space than it looks. I might be wrong though.

Now, I'm not a fan of every single queue in EPCOT being purely blue lights. We need some variety in that department.
Blue == Fancy, better. But, yeah, it's a queue. I can you expect? At least you'll be in line long enough to enjoy all the details they put in. I hope the planetarium "hologram" loop is long enough!

Brer Oswald

I won't have as much fun without animatronics. I've been beating that drum for a long time, and if the "site that must not be named" is correct, this is going to be very disappointing.

I still think Marvel characters have no place in Epcot. I'm not against a roller coaster in Epcot, but I am against attractions that don't have any basis in the original goal of Epcot. TRON could have made sense if it were a pavilion based on computer technology. But Guardians is being shoe-horned into Epcot. It didn't make any sense when they announced it, it still doesn't, and the only reason it's being done is because Disney doesn't care about what they put in Epcot anymore.

I'm sure the roller coaster will be fun (though reverse-launches aren't as thrilling in my opinion). But I can have fun and still criticize it mercilessly for the stupid, profit-driven decisions that have placed this ride in this park.

Oh yeah, and there are no animatronics. Oh, and I'll have to pay at least $10 extra to not wait 3.5 hours for it. No, I'm not excited for this now. The animatronics possibility was my last hope.
It’s completely reasonable to be disappointed in this. Disney themselves set ridiculously high stakes for this one attraction. They spent half of the EPCOT overhaul budget on this one attraction. We aren’t getting another E Ticket in the park for another 10-15 years. And now we’re finding out that it likely won’t have animatronics or physical elements needed to make it an immersive atmospheric experience, on top of the fact that it doesn’t even fit the park.

This attraction needs to be better than just a “fun coaster in space” for all of the things given up to construct it.

TikibirdLand

It’s completely reasonable to be disappointed in this. Disney themselves set ridiculously high stakes for this one attraction. They spent half of the EPCOT overhaul budget on this one attraction. We aren’t getting another E Ticket in the park for another 10-15 years. And now we’re finding out that it likely won’t have animatronics or physical elements needed to make it an immersive atmospheric experience, on top of the fact that it doesn’t even fit the park.

This attraction needs to be better than just a “fun coaster in space” for all of the things given up to construct it.
But.... The queue is BLUE. Look. At. It. It's BLUE. Blue is quality. Blue is Space (well, it's really black, but still). ...
There will be hours' long lines for this thing and you'll get to enjoy the queue and the spaceship thingy outside. This is going to be popular for a long time.

All they're missing are some food & wine kiosks near the spaceship thingy and they'll be ready for all the crowds.

Did I mention that the queue is BLUE?

Patcheslee

Blue == Fancy, better. But, yeah, it's a queue. I can you expect? At least you'll be in line long enough to enjoy all the details they put in. I hope the planetarium "hologram" loop is long enough!
Maybe Disney took studies of light colors effect on emotions into account.
I like blue lights in general, but for a couple hours straight it gets annoying. Depending on how much colored light there is, it also tints my contacts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom