News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Sir_Cliff

Yeah -- I was thinking along the lines of, "Yes you're in the right place this is Guardians don't worry!!"
This came up in response to a poster (no disrespect!) criticising the queue for having nothing that would suggest it was a Marvel attraction. So, I can kind of see how they have gone with a more restrained aesthetic to fit the park but added this to reassure people that they are going on a fun attraction based on Guardians of the Galaxy. In that context, it doesn't seem like a terrible choice.

UNCgolf

The shadowy place confirms there will be no AAs.

Very unfortunate.

Hard to believe they spent that much money on an attraction that doesn't have any AAs.

It means the attraction must rely heavily, if not exclusively, on screens, which means it will likely be a disappointment at best for me.

I do wonder if that solely refers to the attraction itself or if it includes the queue/preshows, though -- I was hoping there would at least be one in a preshow, but sounds like they could be entirely screen-based as well.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

This came up in response to a poster (no disrespect!) criticising the queue for having nothing that would suggest it was a Marvel attraction. So, I can kind of see how they have gone with a more restrained aesthetic to fit the park but added this to reassure people that they are going on a fun attraction based on Guardians of the Galaxy. In that context, it doesn't seem like a terrible choice.

As someone else said above, though, seems like they could have done it without being so in your face about it -- it takes up the entire projection screen at one point.

Either way, it's minor. My main disappointment is that the projection is less impressive than what I could get at a planetarium. Again, though, it's just the queue. It's not like it's the attraction itself.

Mickeynerd17

Ok, with all the controversy already surrounding this first room of the queue, lets compare a "classic" epcot queue with the galaxarium:

Horizons:
1648775743762.png
1648775786718.png

Cosmic Rewind:

1648775942678.png
1648775982280.png

It won't be the most popular opinion in the room, but they honestly share a lot in common. Only differences are quality of video and a few more colors used in Horizons. Considering how short the very front of Energy is, I'm expecting this to be a smaller space than it looks. I might be wrong though.

Now, I'm not a fan of every single queue in EPCOT being purely blue lights. We need some variety in that department.

lazyboy97o

Remember, the Guardians queue was meant to be built by an alien civilization to showcase their advanced society. There's a LOT an imaginative design team could do with that. And this is what we've got.
This is just getting ridiculous. We have to keep in mind the constraints this team was working under. They had more money than anyone else has ever had available for building a roller coaster. Nearly half a billion dollars only goes so far and you have to stretch it.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Ok, with all the controversy already surrounding this first room of the queue, lets compare a "classic" epcot queue with the galaxarium:

Horizons:
View attachment 629765View attachment 629768

Cosmic Rewind:

View attachment 629770View attachment 629771

It won't be the most popular opinion in the room, but they honestly share a lot in common. Only differences are quality of video and a few more colors used in Horizons. Considering how short the very front of Energy is, I'm expecting this to be a smaller space than it looks. I might be wrong though.

Now, I'm not a fan of every single queue in EPCOT being purely blue lights. We need some variety in that department.
As a lifelong EPCOT Center fangirl,….
THANK YOU!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
People are complaining about how the style of this first preshow room matches that of test track and mission space- is that supposed to be a bad thing? I mean if you don't like how it looks, that's a matter of personal preference and it's fine, but imo this helps to make World Discovery feel more like a cohesive area. The neighborhood concept is still weird, but at least these areas are starting to have some semblance of individuality and I imagine Journey of Water will do the same for World Nature once that's open. I actually appreciate how this side of (the area formerly known as) future world has more of a space age / industrial look whereas the former future world west has / will have a more natural look once it's complete.
This is the correct answer 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom