News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mike S

Ya know...

I got to see the Awesome Mix Tape Live show for the first time last month (thanks to the carrot of an AP preview of SWL). And I really liked it. A really good live outdoor stage show.

And, here's the part that I know will make some groan... they did a great job explaining why there is a "real live Star Lord show" in this reality of Epcot (and Earth 616... our Earth). The events of The Guardians movies and the Infinity War Saga has now put Earth on the galactic map. And so, Xandar, reaches out for a cultural exchange and sees the Nations of the World gathered at Epcot and puts their music on display.

Star Lord interrupts (with typical American exceptionalistic swagger and personal narcissism) to teach them Earth music.

World Showcase is now a Galactic Showcase. As far as theme park back stories go... makes as much sense as walking back in time by crossing some bridge or threshold.

And it softens up the public for more permanent Xandarian pavilion... and more Guardian interference for Cosmic Rewind.
Like the people who do nothing but think they’re better than Americans? ;)

Tonto

I’m sure this is me reading into this too much, but does this coaster have a dark ride element to it? Seems strange that the ride vehicles are being referred to as an omnicoaster.

Last edited:

Markiewong

I’m sure this is me reading into this too much, but does this coaster have a dark ride element to it? Seems strange that the ride vehicles are being referred to as an omnicoaster.
Its being referred as omnicoaster because it is basically an omnimover on a rollercoaster track. The car can direct the direction your face in during the entire ride, both the slow and the fast parts. Its a mashup of omnimover and rollercoaster in the literal sense.

Steph15251

Its being referred as omnicoaster because it is basically an omnimover on a rollercoaster track. The car can direct the direction your face in during the entire ride, both the slow and the fast parts. Its a mashup of omnimover and rollercoaster in the literal sense.
Yeah seems like this would be a rollercoaster and dark ride combo.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I'm pretty sure the "omni-" is for "omnidirectional," i.e., "all-directions."

An omnimover has all the RVs attached to each other in a big chain and never stops moving, and thus its "all-moving," or, "omnimoving."

Cosmic Rewind will be an omnidirectional roller coaster.

Kevin_W

Ya know...

I got to see the Awesome Mix Tape Live show for the first time last month (thanks to the carrot of an AP preview of SWL). And I really liked it. A really good live outdoor stage show.

I missed the first couple minutes, so didn't see the explanation. I was really expecting this show to be bad, or mediocre at best... but the 3 of us all really enjoyed the show. The performers did a great job.

mikejs78

Premium Member
"a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar."

eye-roll.gif
Honestly this is far better than Peter Quill as a kid.

Honestly, I think WDI is trying to make this feel like an Epcot center attraction, with the educational aspect. It would be funny to have bill nye narrate the pre-show and to be interrupted by rocket. Towards the end of the attraction, we fly by horizons, and crash through the universe of energy sign. Kinda like back to the future the ride. This won’t happen, but it would be cool

mikejs78

Premium Member
Honestly, I think WDI is trying to make this feel like an Epcot center attraction, with the educational aspect. It would be funny to have bill nye narrate the pre-show and to be interrupted by rocket. Towards the end of the attraction, we fly by horizons, and crash through the universe of energy sign. Kinda like back to the future the ride. This won’t happen, but it would be cool
Yeah, I'm more OK with this if it is in this type of direction - using the Guardians characters as a means of "Discovery" about the universe. Much better thematic tie-in than Peter visted Epcot as a kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom