• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rickdrat

Do we know much about what type of coaster this will be? Looking at the tunnel between the UOE show building and the gravity building doesn't seem to leave much room for a return track (assuming the section there now is part of the lift/launch system).

DreamfinderGuy

Do we know much about what type of coaster this will be? Looking at the tunnel between the UOE show building and the gravity building doesn't seem to leave much room for a return track (assuming the section there now is part of the lift/launch system).
The tunnel is very clearly devided into Launch and Return, you can see it from in the park. Hard to pick up in a photo

DreamfinderGuy

Please excuse my awful design work, but this is about what the tunnel looks like from the park. Left side is level through most of the tunnel about ten feet of the ground, the right side is a steep incline. which begins at a lower level relative to the ground of UoE. I made a rough diagram to help people visualize it

Edit: I hope "Untitled-1.png" is a good enough file name for you guys 🤣

Attachments

rickdrat

Please excuse my awful design work, but this is about what the tunnel looks like from the park. Left side is level through most of the tunnel about ten feet of the ground, the right side is a steep incline. which begins at a lower level relative to the ground of UoE. I made a rough diagram to help people visualize it

Edit: I hope "Untitled-1.png" is a good enough file name for you guys 🤣
Personally, I think it would be somewhat fitting if "Untitled-1.png " was painted in 20 foot high letters on all sides of the new gravity building.

Last edited:

tomast

I am sory, but I dont quite understand what I am seeing, What does that ramp supouse to be?? if the ride connects to the Gravity Building with a passage that is almost on ground level?? it's for aesthetics purpose? if thats the reason, why does they paint the building in "Sky blue" if its going to have some decoration?

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
I am sory, but I dont quite understand what I am seeing, What does that ramp supouse to be?? if the ride connects to the Gravity Building with a passage that is almost on ground level?? it's for aesthetics purpose? if thats the reason, why does they paint the building in "Sky blue" if its going to have some decoration?
The red is the queue and preshows. Green is load, launch, and going upramp into the ride. Blue is the return at ground level. Yellow is an arrow @bioreconstruct put in to make some other point...

tomast

The red is the queue and preshows. Green is load, launch, and going upramp into the ride. Blue is the return at ground level. Yellow is an arrow @bioreconstruct put in to make some other point...

View attachment 350800
Much clear now, I thought that you go to the Gravity building on the blue line but in the other direction. Thanks for the picture!! much clear now!
BTW I guess it would be a chain lift rollercoaster? IDK why but that ramp make me feel so... It could be like Hulk on IoA but it give me the feeling of a chain lift rollercoaster.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Much clear now, I thought that you go to the Gravity building on the blue line but in the other direction. Thanks for the picture!! much clear now!
BTW I guess it would be a chain lift rollercoaster? IDK why but that ramp make me feel so... It could be like Hulk on IoA but it give me the feeling of a chain lift rollercoaster.
Launch, just like RnRC and Slinky.

Top Bottom