News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rickdrat

Please excuse my awful design work, but this is about what the tunnel looks like from the park. Left side is level through most of the tunnel about ten feet of the ground, the right side is a steep incline. which begins at a lower level relative to the ground of UoE. I made a rough diagram to help people visualize it

Edit: I hope "Untitled-1.png" is a good enough file name for you guys 🤣
Personally, I think it would be somewhat fitting if "Untitled-1.png " was painted in 20 foot high letters on all sides of the new gravity building.

Last edited:

tomast

I am sory, but I dont quite understand what I am seeing, What does that ramp supouse to be?? if the ride connects to the Gravity Building with a passage that is almost on ground level?? it's for aesthetics purpose? if thats the reason, why does they paint the building in "Sky blue" if its going to have some decoration?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am sory, but I dont quite understand what I am seeing, What does that ramp supouse to be?? if the ride connects to the Gravity Building with a passage that is almost on ground level?? it's for aesthetics purpose? if thats the reason, why does they paint the building in "Sky blue" if its going to have some decoration?

The red is the queue and preshows. Green is load, launch, and going upramp into the ride. Blue is the return at ground level. Yellow is an arrow @bioreconstruct put in to make some other point...

tomast

The red is the queue and preshows. Green is load, launch, and going upramp into the ride. Blue is the return at ground level. Yellow is an arrow @bioreconstruct put in to make some other point...

View attachment 350800
Much clear now, I thought that you go to the Gravity building on the blue line but in the other direction. Thanks for the picture!! much clear now!
BTW I guess it would be a chain lift rollercoaster? IDK why but that ramp make me feel so... It could be like Hulk on IoA but it give me the feeling of a chain lift rollercoaster.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Much clear now, I thought that you go to the Gravity building on the blue line but in the other direction. Thanks for the picture!! much clear now!
BTW I guess it would be a chain lift rollercoaster? IDK why but that ramp make me feel so... It could be like Hulk on IoA but it give me the feeling of a chain lift rollercoaster.

Launch, just like RnRC and Slinky.

yensidtlaw1969

There is a clear difference. My only point is that if Horizons was built today and not in 1983, people would complain about sight lines.
The sightline issue isn't that the new Future World attraction is visible from World Showcase - as displayed by the art you shared, that has always and intentionally been the case. The issue is that it's a completely unthemed building visible from inside (and also outside!) the park.

I can't think of a reason anyone would complain about Horizons being visible any more than they would complain about Spaceship Earth or the Motion building being visible. Future World and World Showcase pavilions were meant to be seen from each other. That's part of why they were all dressed so splendidly.

And to that end, if the Guardians show building were as well themed as Spaceship Earth and Horizons I personally wouldn't have said a word about its intrusion. Might have had opinions about the design of the building, but that's always been an objective art. Having a backstage building visible so visible onstage is less so.

trainplane3

There is a clear difference. My only point is that if Horizons was built today and not in 1983, people would complain about sight lines.
I doubt it. Horizons was something that obviously had thought and effort put into it. GotG is literally a box (M:S is a Dollar General with some space stuff glued to the front). If the Guardians box actually blended with the current UoE building, most would probably complain less.

If they wanted to build a new space pavilion based off the old concept art that had that weird "ball" spaceship or the "not Horizons building with a rocket sticking out of the top", personally I wouldn't care. It would be interesting architecture to look at even if I could see it from across WS.

DreamfinderGuy

I think everyone's issues with GOTG are one or more of these:

A) It's a box
B) It doesn't blend in with anything
C) It's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE and ruins sightlines
D) Future World has had mostly unique architecture throughout all of it's life
E) It doesn't fit the theme
F) You miss Ellen
G) You miss the concept of an Energy pavilion

How'd you do? I hit off every box!

britain

Some might, but they would be complaining about the new addition to the vista that Disney wants you to see. It would be an aesthetic critique, a discussion over what the Disney artists / architects are trying to communicate, whether they succeeded or failed, etc.

But Disney doesn't want you to see the new GotG building. By painting it sky blue with a green base, they are essentially saying, "Yeah, we wish this weren't in the skyline too! But we're trying to make it disappear."

If the budget was infinite, and they could put the whole new building underground, they would. They don't want you to see it. Therefore, I think I'm allowed to be disappointed when I do.

trainplane3

I think everyone's issues with GOTG are one or more of these:

A) It's a box
B) It doesn't blend in with anything
C) It's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE and ruins sightlines
D) Future World has had mostly unique architecture throughout all of it's life
E) It doesn't fit the theme
F) You miss Ellen
G) You miss the concept of an Energy pavilion

How'd you do? I hit off every box!
Personally, those are my issues. I'm fine with themes changing/being tweaked over time as long as there is a theme and it ties into FW.

Not much of a Marvel fan even without the Epcot drama around.

Side note: Oh hey square avatars are back!

Edit: Keeping my mind open to the dumping of GotG into Epcot. I can't judge it until I've been on it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom