C) It's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE and ruins sightlines
D) Future World has had mostly unique architecture throughout all of it's life
E) It doesn't fit the theme
F) You miss Ellen
G) You miss the concept of an Energy pavilion

How'd you do? I hit off every box!
Everything expect F.

montyz81

Based on the fact that Disney likes to use the building that sticks out most in the park, I’d say that the new park images and ornament representations will look like this.

justintheharris

I think everyone's issues with GOTG are one or more of these:

A) It's a box
B) It doesn't blend in with anything
F) You miss Ellen

Hmm.. seems like A B C and D can be summarized in one complaint E stands alone and F and G can be summarized into another complaint. So in reality, there's 3 complaints. But you just had to make it into 7 to try and make it look like there's a plethora of problems. Once again, few people will actually notice the building when it's done while in the park as the sky blue will help it fade into the background. This forum notices it because were obsessed with watching it be built and finding 1,001 reasons to be angry every day. Disney made the right architectural decisions with the show building. If they themed that building, THAT would be a true eyesore.

Next EPCOT has to evolve to stay relevant. EPCOT is a park being propped up in attendance by festivals and after Galaxy's Edge opens, will be the least attended park if Disney doesn't act quickly. We're criticizing a ride for theming that isn't even open yet! Pandora originally was thought to make little sense in Animal Kingdom but Disney made it work by pushing the conservation angle. Perhaps everybody should withhold their judgement until the ride comes out.

Third, Universe of Energy was a terrible ride. I remember reading lists prior to 2017 about the worst attractions at Disney and Universe of Energy was regularly listed. Nine times out of ten, when a ride closes, it closes because it was dated and/or terrible. I know some people may have found genuine enjoyment out of Energy but the masses did not want to ride a ride that was 40 minutes long unless they wanted to take a nap.

Last edited:

GlacierGlacier

It's the new gondola thread! (a/c, fear of heights, deathwatch, over-and-over-and-over)
Unfortunately, many of these threads turn into that over and over. The highlights of the thread (construction photos, permits, leaks) don't happen nearly as often as the same "your opinion is incorrect" posts that pop up constantly. But that's just how life works.

EPCOTCenterLover

A) It's a box
F) You miss Ellen

All but "F" as well. I like Ellen, but I dislike "celebrities" in attractions.

tparris

I expected that from most people here. Having only ever experienced Ellen, and only the original through your tributes, I have to base my opinions from what I personally have under my belt. ¯\(ツ)
I do have a soft spot for Ellen as well, just because it’s so nostalgic for me. Unfortunately the last time I rode it was in like 2015... I wish I could have one more ride that I could remember more clearly.

tomast

A) It's a box
F) You miss Ellen

A,B,C,D,E

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I expected that from most people here. Having only ever experienced Ellen, and only the original through your tributes, I have to base my opinions from what I personally have under my belt. ¯\(ツ)

I liked the IDEA and even the preshow was fun new take on the pavilion.... “stupid Judy!” But it fell flat.

montyz81

A) It's a box
F) You miss Ellen

all but F for me too.

RSoxNo1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think Horizons, World of Motion or Wonders of Life were great looking buildings, but they are certainly more aesthetically pleasing than the Guardians building.

I'm mildly intrigued by the color changes on the incline and if perhaps there's more to the building than what we see right now.

tparris

I'm mildly intrigued by the color changes on the incline and if perhaps there's more to the building than what we see right now.
I’m pretty sure the red seen on the incline right now is just one layer of roofing, and there will be more layers applied in the future. It shouldn’t be red for too long. One thing I am curious about is the vertical line cut out on the building to the right of the launch connection. I wonder why it hasn’t been filled yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom