News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

TOT's exterior wasn't a problem before because it was at least an example of Californian Architecture in a (supposedly) California-themed Landscape. Unlike Mission: Breakout, which is an example of Spacejunk in a (supposedly) California-themed Landscape (which seems to be inching towards its inevitable erosion by the day).

Which all comes down to personal opinion. IMO They both stick out like a sore thumb, especially from Carsland and Grizzly Peak, but I like Guardians for it's Sci-Fi look.

Bairstow

No.

Most of the CC guts are long gone.
Presumably at least some of the show control is still in place or the couldn't have run Buzzy through a voice sync test. I wonder what the pricetag would be to reoutfit the theater with four nee digital projectors (and another for the preshow) and a new bank of lighting, sound, and show control modules. I realize they would NEVER do this, because you would have to actually get guests into the pavilion in the first place, but I'm wondering if 5 million would cover it.

Again, this is NOT happening, I'm just curious about what people think it would take to get the car running, so to speak.

GlacierGlacier

By "engine" do you mean the PC running show control, or the quartet of movie projectors?
Typically shows are managed with a show controller or PLC (embedded system, not a whole PC), while animatronics of any scale use a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) to coordinate movement.

Any of these things are extremely expensive, but re-usable. I'd assume disney'd like to take them out quickly after a ride shuts down to prevent damage to the hardware.

If it does re-open, they'd either have to find and replace the old show controls or install new ones. Companies like Birket and Alcorn McBride often are involved in the installation of new control systems - but if it's something Disney already has, they may not need one of these companies.

PizzaPlanet

So there's a rumor going around that production of the third film has been delayed until early 2021. If the plan is still to film for the ride while the new movie is being made, they'd be cutting it pretty close for a Spring 2021 opening.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Nice find, thanks for sharing!! A 4-person ride vehicle, it seems, if this gets used for the GotG coaster.

There seems to be a lot of computerized components for a roller coaster. So... I wonder what will happen when something on-board a single ride vehicle goes south, particularly during the ride? There could be some... interesting... ride reports with these someday. ;)

I will definitely give them credit for coming up with a new way to "roller coaster" and doing something different!

trainplane3

Basically confirms this, which Martin confirmed months ago:
2bee37_4ff3b746680642f28869ce04f1ba0026_mv2.jpg

Source: https://svhas2004.wixsite.com/vekoma/portraits

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom