News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tparris

The latest pictures I've seen of the GotG site are from October 13, I wonder if anything has really changed since then

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The latest pictures I've seen of the GotG site are from October 13, I wonder if anything has really changed since then

One of my boys sent me some pictures earlier this week when he and his older brother were there. I can't see much that's changed, but the pics were mostly of the gravity building.

Kman101

Guardians Mission Breakout is actually really really good. Didn’t see a person come off it not happy (in about 20 rides). There’s a clear disconnect between what people on this forum want and what the general public want. Not saying it was better than ToT, but it’s up for debate. We debated for ages...I settled on ToT. Partner with Guardians. People talk here as if Guardians is a complete disaster. It’s not...it’s a fantastic ride. One of the best rides I’ve been on actually.

I’d bet that whatever Disney do with Guardians in Epcot, it’s going to be better received than Energy, or even Energy with an update. Blame it on modern society if you like (probably wouldn’t argue it), but it’s true.

In all seriousness, what makes it one of the best rides you've ever been on? Not being snarky, I want to know why it's one of the best?

IMDREW

I was once on gringotts where the spinning of the car next to us had some problems, leaving them with their backs to all the screens during the ride. Super awkward, especially when their vehicle tried to get back in sync halfway through, but then turned towards us and they all just looked at us with those glasses on while we where looking at the screen.

Kind of a fun experience and most of the people in the other vehicle didn’t know something was wrong. I guess these types of senarios will happen here as well.

mitchk

Even from cabana Bay volcano bay view room can see the coaster

Attachments

• 70178ACD-D225-4D6B-A19A-77217645BDA3.jpeg
    70178ACD-D225-4D6B-A19A-77217645BDA3.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 202

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't really see what's so revolutionary about this~ controlled spinning coasters have existed for some time now, such as Cobras Curse at BGT.

Cobra Curse doesn't appear to be self powered, it looks like there is equipment on the track at the point it turns to control the turn. The key to this patent is that the cars are self powered. Not to mention, patents don't necessarily need to be revolutionary, they just need to be an idea no one else has done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom