News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

BrianLo

I agree. Disney used to be the gold standard that others attempted to imitate. In the last few decades, Disney has stopped innovating and started copying. Universal, at least currently, seems to be looking at providing a guest experience more in line with what Disney used to provide, though they still have a looooong way to go.

It's a complete matter of narrow perspective. As much as fans want it to be, Disney has not been treating WDW as their flagship, until they finally started to pay attention again in the last couple years. Universal's flagship is undeniably Orlando.

Almost all innovation for Universal is on display in Florida, most of the innovation for Disney has recently occurred outside of it.

Mike S

It's a complete matter of narrow perspective. As much as fans want it to be, Disney has not been treating WDW as their flagship, until they finally started to pay attention again in the last couple years. Universal's flagship is undeniably Orlando.

Almost all innovation for Universal is on display in Florida, most of the innovation for Disney has recently occurred outside of it.
Bingo.

Imagineer777

I was just curious, how long do you guys think it'll be until we'll get more official details on the attraction? Whether it's just one piece of concept art or a small blurb of text that gives us *any* idea about what the story of it might be based around, I've been really curious since they showed Peter at Epcot, and if that will actually play a part into the backstory (the ride being meta and actually taking place in Epcot VS being set on Xandar, for example)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was just curious, how long do you guys think it'll be until we'll get more official details on the attraction? Whether it's just one piece of concept art or a small blurb of text that gives us *any* idea about what the story of it might be based around, I've been really curious since they showed Peter at Epcot, and if that will actually play a part into the backstory (the ride being meta and actually taking place in Epcot VS being set on Xandar, for example)

Mission: Breakout in DCA takes place in... DCA. The Collector landed his ship there and is inviting Earthikins to tour his museum.

The Gaurdians rock show this summer took place in Epcot as a cultural exchange program.

So... count on the story taking place (at least the pre-shows) in Epcot.

trainplane3

We did get another piece of art featuring The coaster train design at D23 Tokyo. It didn't really get passed around much though. There's D23 next year in California so we'll probably get more then.

geekza

Very true. I'm a firm believer that Disney has spread itself too thinly since the opening of Disneyland Paris. The two new Chinese parks have been their focus, while WDW has seen its priority lowered. I'm glad they're finally paying more attention to WDW, since it's far and away the most popular theme park resort on the planet. I do wish that they had people making decisions that actually care about the parks as something other than a revenue stream, but it is what it is. The fact that money is being spent on a major rehab of Spaceship Earth pleases me, though I remain cautious about the end result. I do still believe, though, that Disney isn't breaking new ground as often as they did in the past and have placed less and less emphasis on the overall quality of the guest experience in comparison to the past.

Incomudro

Very true. I'm a firm believer that Disney has spread itself too thinly since the opening of Disneyland Paris. The two new Chinese parks have been their focus, while WDW has seen its priority lowered. I'm glad they're finally paying more attention to WDW, since it's far and away the most popular theme park resort on the planet. I do wish that they had people making decisions that actually care about the parks as something other than a revenue stream, but it is what it is. The fact that money is being spent on a major rehab of Spaceship Earth pleases me, though I remain cautious about the end result. I do still believe, though, that Disney isn't breaking new ground as often as they did in the past and have placed less and less emphasis on the overall quality of the guest experience in comparison to the past.

Yes, I always thought that WDW was Disney's highest priority park.
Until I learned more - and saw how parts of it went neglected, while parks in other parts of the world received treatment that was far superior.
It is nice to see the focus coming back to Florida.

tree123

The waste comes from the fact that the pavilion had good bones and just needed another decent update. Instead, they gut it and take the easy route of building a roller coaster and slapping the lastest hot franchise on it. The waste is that they are using that entire building as a queue and pre-show.

I wished they’d have used the old Body Wars queue in the abandoned WOL building next door instead.

tparris

I wished they’d have used the old Body Wars queue in the abandoned WOL building next door instead.
Well they've been testing Buzzy and they recently refurbished the control panel for his show. Apparently he's in excellent condition and is very responsive. Who knows what that means for the future of WoL.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well they've been testing Buzzy and they recently refurbished the control panel for his show. Apparently he's in excellent condition and is very responsive. Who knows what that means for the future of WoL.

That pretty much goes against what our insiders have said, namely, the control panels have been salvaged for parts. What's your source?

DreamfinderGuy

Open it? They could reopen it right?
No way, it’s in too poor of condition to bring back at this point. Plus all they did is use Buzzy with some motion tests and his original dialogue. Everything behind the stage is a complete mess, a lot of show lighting is gone, and we don’t even know if Hypo works. It’d be too hard to get everything back, functional, and synced together for a thirty year old show that doesn’t fit in it’s pavilion anymore

UpAllNight

Guardians Mission Breakout is actually really really good. Didn’t see a person come off it not happy (in about 20 rides). There’s a clear disconnect between what people on this forum want and what the general public want. Not saying it was better than ToT, but it’s up for debate. We debated for ages...I settled on ToT. Partner with Guardians. People talk here as if Guardians is a complete disaster. It’s not...it’s a fantastic ride. One of the best rides I’ve been on actually.

I’d bet that whatever Disney do with Guardians in Epcot, it’s going to be better received than Energy, or even Energy with an update. Blame it on modern society if you like (probably wouldn’t argue it), but it’s true.

rle4lunch

Guardians Mission Breakout is actually really really good. Didn’t see a person come off it not happy (in about 20 rides). There’s a clear disconnect between what people on this forum want and what the general public want. Not saying it was better than ToT, but it’s up for debate. We debated for ages...I settled on ToT. Partner with Guardians. People talk here as if Guardians is a complete disaster. It’s not...it’s a fantastic ride. One of the best rides I’ve been on actually.

I’d bet that whatever Disney do with Guardians in Epcot, it’s going to be better received than Energy, or even Energy with an update. Blame it on modern society if you like (probably wouldn’t argue it), but it’s true.

And I'm sure that once Marvel land is complete at DCA, the whole ugly and out of place aspect of how it stands now will disappear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom