News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

doctornick

GlacierGlacier

Funnily enough, I was just talking to a patent lawyer from Universal today.

I'm interested in how this is being done. Is the patent under Disney? Or does it belong to Vekoma? Because it seems like it's being manufactured and developed over at Vekoma.

With traditional Disney-Unique ride systems like EMVs or the Shanghai Boats, they're developed and tested in Burbank or similar. Did they design and patent this coaster system, then have Vekoma finish up the work? It makes sense for Vekoma to work on the coaster portion, but it seems rough to have Vekoma do heavy design and engineering work and not get a patent out of it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Funnily enough, I was just talking to a patent lawyer from Universal today.

I'm interested in how this is being done. Is the patent under Disney? Or does it belong to Vekoma? Because it seems like it's being manufactured and developed over at Vekoma.

With traditional Disney-Unique ride systems like EMVs or the Shanghai Boats, they're developed and tested in Burbank or similar. Did they design and patent this coaster system, then have Vekoma finish up the work? It makes sense for Vekoma to work on the coaster portion, but it seems rough to have Vekoma do heavy design and engineering work and not get a patent out of it.

Here is the full patent. It is patented by Disney.

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...r&OS=disney AND coaster&RS=disney AND coaster

DreamfinderGuy

They filed for it in April of last year. When did the GotG rumor start? Sometime in late 2016?
02D9AF14-605F-4CEE-B797-49BE4530AFCC.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom