News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

EricsBiscuit

From earlier today. Loud construction from gravity building is audible.
IMG_6173.JPG
IMG_6175.JPG

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The good news... unless you're looking for it (or looking across from France, UK and Morocco), the construction just isn't as imposing as it looks through a telephoto lens.
The irony is from dead outside the old pavilion the trees hide it.

From anywhere else it’s visible. Parking lot. Entrance plaza. Imag. TT. And yes, Showcase.

Animewarsdude

Pure speculation but DSNY Newcast made a comment about them possibly not trying to hide it and instead make it stand out. So, which is better them painting it blue in a poor attempt to hide it or for them to make it look like a Xandar building like below? Either way I guess it will be a pretty big eye sour from the World Showcase.
1538271783284.png

GlacierGlacier

Pure speculation but DSNY Newcast made a comment about them possibly not trying to hide it and instead make it stand out. So, which is better them painting it blue in a poor attempt to hide it or for them to make it look like a Xandar building like below? Either way I guess it will be a pretty big eye sour from the World Showcase.
View attachment 317132
This has been discussed. It appears now that there will be decorations/theming, but not on that scale. Decor is still apparently subject to change.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Now if they can just make it invisible! I guess, projection-mapping seems moot at this point. If not seen from the pavilion there's really no point in themeing it to the IP.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Now if they can just make it invisible! I guess, projection-mapping seems moot at this point. If not seen from the pavilion there's really no point in themeing it to the IP.
The Remy building is already go-away green, and once the trees grow up around it, it will be pretty much hidden. We'll see if they go the same way with GotG.

IveBeenJack

That’s all you have to say.

As usual their information is old and second or third hand.

Martin I stated in the video that the information about the building's supposed theming was derived from here.

Also the video was posted at the beginning of July, so yes I agree it's older info. But that's the reason why I put Dates on all videos, hoping that people will look at the date of the video's information.

And lastly I did state it was speculative at the time. "And if I were to guess, Disney would be looking to recreate something that draws from this Nova building"... Notice I said guessing, not confirmed, and "something that draws" not directly representing, but inspired by.

Anyways, just wanted that to be cleared up :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin I stated in the video that the information about the building's supposed theming was derived from here.

Also the video was posted at the beginning of July, so yes I agree it's older info. But that's the reason why I put Dates on all videos, hoping that people will look at the date of the video's information.

And lastly I did state it was speculative at the time. "And if I were to guess, Disney would be looking to recreate something that draws from this Nova building"... Notice I said guessing, not confirmed, and "something that draws" not directly representing, but inspired by.

Anyways, just wanted that to be cleared up :)
Thank you for clearing that up!

As we’ve said here in the past, similar decor has been proposed for the gravity building.

rle4lunch

Martin can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he said much earlier in the thread that it's almost all queue with a couple of pre-show rooms and the loading/unloading area.

I'm sure it'll be closely in size/scope to the Flight of Passage queue. Imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom