News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tparris

If you pay close attention you’ll notice that triangular building is actually not in the concept art. At first glance it might appear to be, but look closer.
I'm pretty sure it's there. It isn't the front of the building as the building was flat at the front. Unless they were planning on changing it to that.

peter11435

I'm pretty sure it's there. It isn't the front of the building as the building was flat at the front. Unless they were planning on changing it to that.
It’s not there. Look again.

There is a structure in its place that resembles one of the buildings existing ‘Ribs.’ But it is not the same 1982 structure and is instead only side walls and a roof. You can see through it to the actual buildings front wall as well as the two visible doorways. The glowing gold star shape figure near the center of the artwork is on the front wall of the actual building.

tparris

It’s not there. Look again.

There is a structure in its place that resembles one of the buildings existing ‘Ribs.’ But it is not the same 1982 structure and is instead only side walls and a roof. You can see through it to the actual buildings front wall as well as the two visible doorways. The glowing gold star shape figure near the center of the artwork is on the front wall of the actual building.
Ahh, I see it now. Seems like some sort of entrance tunnel thing in front of the building as you can see people walking through it.

aladdin2007

Wow. I didn't think they started emptying the building that quickly. What @geekza said definetely makes sense, so I can understand that outcome, although it's extremely unfortunate. Obviously I don't know how they are laying out the queue for GotG in the 1982 building, but based on what you've said about the layout, then it will be a complete waste of space. There's no need for that nuch queue and preshow, it's a huge building. I'm hoping that maybe they will have a few show scenes in the old building before the launch into the gravity building. Only time will tell. (And perhaps Martin ;))

Surprisingly they are very quick when it comes to that, Was the same with Maelstrom and the Great Movie Ride.

geekza

Any idea what might have happened to the entrance mosaic with the old UoE logo? Similar to The Prologue and the Promise, a priceless work of art that I hope was preserved somewhere.
It would have been very difficult to remove and preserve such a large mosaic. I feel certain it's gone, daddy, gone.

trainplane3

It would have been very difficult to remove and preserve such a large mosaic. I feel certain it's gone, daddy, gone.
I thought it was mentioned from a fairly reliable Twitter source (ya, I know Twitter and reliable don't go together) that half of the mosaic was saved?
You mean the one that's already been gone for years?
They're talking about this one which was there until closing day:
t_f7Y-izqreBdXZyVp_mhtXS7noe2VZARHy0DEE5BhLF7ohZu1sWaLI8NwfBi8RjLe4RObDJE7Xtq2Oc0ZwoIHPjaNcDanc0zcTmCAjPtcZSymb1BRdkZlAZB0-3_xQwZKdrmiehzE1rTfN4sB5yLk_hYdkiSRe3lnPrt2939_Wo-Clu59uXPeiPmIlyPSzvtz9vk4H46Kka6EkqKQ3oIpmpJWUtR1BH-OvmuENXMYbzimXxjhcBoifPVZCvAxpqxTPxdX30pUkLumXiMLSPQvnnPPumspJRwVxdGnr9VqLH2uHIJVVJ9hl4ectG59-6e6CPES8hnEsrqddCK36zN9T2biuD0YSQ7onIqoN0jEArMBbX2qnaI2qOBm_o9l1U3W2RZeeuoQFLTD1KHix2LqWPU_reCwZj32QZrwPD14U06QUNdwwD2ooToSOB7BMY_K9RLvabTvC6b3TCMyCvrn-bJhzfppGJubj-mz8HkFf_xnmaFuRPtl9DcQyHS-CzTBE4UvHuN9h95H3YNYyCkD2kbVliRGcPZEBe_Gr7WelaeAeOhG041LXCZ26oF7Vkuhxvr7mToJQdkjul1ujA_RO6xzAQacfdY7oQci00VOCPg_tq7gsEItauRUJHUax7=w1731-h1298-no

geekza

Definitely not the radok screens, I know those were removed in the 1996 update. The picture 2 posts above ^
That always sounded like something you'd see on Star Trek.

Spock: Captain, we're detecting various forms of energy surrounding the ship.

Kirk: Analysis, Mr. Spock?

Spock: According to the information on our Radok Screens, they register as nuclear, chemical, electrical, mechanical, heat, and light. Fascinating.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That always sounded like something you'd see on Star Trek.

Spock: Captain, we're detecting various forms of energy surrounding the ship.

Kirk: Analysis, Mr. Spock?

Spock: According to the information on our Radok Screens, they register as nuclear, chemical, electrical, mechanical, heat, and light. Fascinating.
It’s not Emils fault that was his surname.

tparris

It wasn't gone for years. They just removed it after the attraction closed. Blog Mickey had a post about it almost a year ago today.
Yeah, for some reason I thought he was talking about the old UoE signage in front of the building. The word mosaic didn't really register in my mind at first

tparris

This was almost exactly 1 year ago, about a month and a half after UoE closed. You can see that they removed the central part of the mural first before getting to the rest of the wall, maybe to preserve it somewhere? Who knows.

Attachments

• universe-of-energy-wall-tile-09282017-2.jpg
    universe-of-energy-wall-tile-09282017-2.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 197

geekza

This was almost exactly 1 year ago, about a month and a half after UoE closed. You can see that they removed the central part of the mural first before getting to the rest of the wall, maybe to preserve it somewhere? Who knows.
Maybe, but there are an awful lot of chisel marks in the picture, so that's not the most encouraging thing. :(

Mouse3268

In both of these reactions, you are missing the issue...

You don't need the same amount of supplies that Lewis and Clark took across America in a stroller the size of small pick up truck for your child. If you do, then you shouldn't be at WDW because you and/or your child is not ready for that experience. If you insist on bringing them anyways, it's for you, not them.

Anything else you say is wrong.
Definitely not. Because who likes color, right?

At least they are keeping the solar panels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tparris

At least they are keeping the solar panels ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We don't know that for sure. There's a chance they'll stay and a chance they won't. The panels themselves are pretty much useless at this point, so it would just be an aesthetic thing if they do stick around. @marni1971 has said that he has seen multiple versions of concept art for the building, some of them include the photovoltaic panels, and some of them don't. We'll have to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom