News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

eddie104

We don't know that for sure. There's a chance they'll stay and a chance they won't. The panels themselves are pretty much useless at this point, so it would just be an aesthetic thing if they do stick around. @marni1971 has said that he has seen multiple versions of concept art for the building, some of them include the photovoltaic panels, and some of them don't. We'll have to see.
They should just go ahead and replace the old ones with new ones that way you please the purists and "appear" to support renewable energy.

DreamfinderGuy

I'd just like to say that i've heard from a source myself about Energy. From what i've heard, very minimal work was done last year. Some smaller pieces were removed, along with anything valuable from the building. Film and Projectors went on closing night afaik, and there was a Uhaul out back on that night. At least one of the Travelling Theatre cars was destroyed (we have photographic proof), and the bigger dinos were placed out onto the ride path in August. Sometime either late last year or early this year, the lighting and animation went. Then from what I know, some walls in the preshow were blown out, and the building was stripped to it's bare bones. Then this year they just went full on it and destroyed everything. You can see where the timeline goes on if you look hard enough at the clues (I.E., when the blue galaxy wall went up, when the exit was boarded up, when the Exxon Lounge cutout became very visible, etc.)

Edit: And to elaborate on what Martin said, I heard that the turntable pits were already filled in after they decided against both locking them/paving over AND putting supports in the former pits to hold up the ground. Weird to think that they might've waited until just now to start filling them in. Might've been a miscommunication from my source, or i'm dead wrong.* Apparently* pictures were taken of the building slowly going down in August, but they aren't being put out right now for obvious reasons

tparris

I'd just like to say that i've heard from a source myself about Energy. From what i've heard, very minimal work was done last year. Some smaller pieces were removed, along with anything valuable from the building. Film and Projectors went on closing night afaik, and there was a Uhaul out back on that night. At least one of the Travelling Theatre cars was destroyed (we have photographic proof), and the bigger dinos were placed out onto the ride path in August. Sometime either late last year or early this year, the lighting and animation went. Then from what I know, some walls in the preshow were blown out, and the building was stripped to it's bare bones. Then this year they just went full on it and destroyed everything. You can see where the timeline goes on if you look hard enough at the clues (I.E., when the blue galaxy wall went up, when the exit was boarded up, when the Exxon Lounge cutout became very visible, etc.)

Edit: And to elaborate on what Martin said, I heard that the turntable pits were already filled in after they decided against both locking them/paving over AND putting supports in the former pits to hold up the ground. Weird to think that they might've waited until just now to start filling them in. Might've been a miscommunication from my source, or i'm dead wrong.* Apparently* pictures were taken of the building slowly going down in August, but they aren't being put out right now for obvious reasons
I honestly wish I could see the pictures. I'm interested to see the changes over time. I'd like to see the one of the theater car too but oh well

DreamfinderGuy

I honestly wish I could see the pictures. I'm interested to see the changes over time. I'd like to see the one of the theater car too but oh well
Wish Granted! ..ish. Even I haven't seen the pics from the interior in August. They have a strict photography ban for the site and I mean, I'd rather not see anyone get fired. I can wait for pictures
DNpWBYwXUAAjWKy.jpg

mitchk

Today I’ll upload more tomorrow

Attachments

• 468F5E4C-5533-48F5-9313-D952A979E560.jpeg
    468F5E4C-5533-48F5-9313-D952A979E560.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 290
  • FD5A0DCD-8820-4412-B1F4-D23782AEFE59.jpeg
    FD5A0DCD-8820-4412-B1F4-D23782AEFE59.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 92BEFC99-032B-4ED4-AD19-13F26E8B2E11.jpeg
    92BEFC99-032B-4ED4-AD19-13F26E8B2E11.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 078AEDB6-22A6-42CC-BEFD-FA262FF49880.jpeg
    078AEDB6-22A6-42CC-BEFD-FA262FF49880.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 3A9566A6-F9B1-4F4F-BAA4-D2FEC993D73B.jpeg
    3A9566A6-F9B1-4F4F-BAA4-D2FEC993D73B.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 1CFC4161-2189-441E-A586-1193490905A1.jpeg
    1CFC4161-2189-441E-A586-1193490905A1.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 282
  • DC54EFD8-DA79-42B1-97CA-7E80D83F1010.jpeg
    DC54EFD8-DA79-42B1-97CA-7E80D83F1010.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 272

tparris

Not sure if it has been brought up or confirmed, even though assumed, but the connector is now under construction and is elevated, allowing backstage traffic to flow underneath.
Yeah, bioreconstruct posted something about that a while back, and you could see some of the frame taking shape and a few track supports going up. Other than that, is there any more visible progress?

tparris

I'm a bit disappointed I wasn't able to experience UoE. And I really don't hold high hopes for this - i'm not a fan of M:B.
Man, you missed out on a great attraction. I suggest watching these two videos by @marni1971 if you haven't already:

They cover both versions of UoE, the original and Ellen's Energy Adventure. It's the closest you can get to experiencing the real thing. Martin also has more videos in the same style for original EPCOT Center's FW attractions, and some for other parks as well.

Kman101

Martin, when are you going to realize that those of us who care about the parks and expect current Disney management to do the same are simply wrong, living in the past, and should just shut up and realize that people want Thrillz and photo ops with Groot, not attractions that spark curiosity and imagination?

This post stood out to me. Sad part is, you can have all the above and adhere to Epcot's ideals but they don't seem to understand that. Not at all excusing Guardians though. I remain against this for many reasons, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom