News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kman101

Well, honestly WDW needs it far more than DLR right now. Even after Pandora and Star Wars and Toy Story, Animal Kingdom and Studios are not full day parks.

Sure they are.

They just don't have enough *you* want to do. (And I get it; not criticizing you)

What you want to say is: "I want Studios and AK to have more rides"

It goes without saying both Studios and AK need more attractions. Heck, at this point so does MK!

Last edited:

eddie104

Sure they are.

They just don't enough *you* want to do.

What you want to say is: "I want Studios and AK to have more rides"

It goes without saying both Studios and AK need more attractions. Heck, at this point so does MK!
Exactly new rides and attractions are always welcomed and whether the other parks are full day or not is all personal opinion. It’s almost like this weird obsession on this forum with the ride count equaling quality park.

Well, honestly WDW needs it far more than DLR right now. Even after Pandora and Star Wars and Toy Story, Animal Kingdom and Studios are not full day parks.
Still better than anything DCA has to offer other than Carsland.

Last edited:

Kman101

Exactly new rides and attractions are always welcomed and whether the other parks are full day or not is all personal opinion. It’s almost like this weird obsession on this forum with the ride count equaling quality park.

Half day park is definitely subjective. Now whether someone just wants more to do is another thing. Several parks are underbuilt, but you can indeed spend full days at both.

Wsny11

WDW has always been profitable. It's a shame funds aren't invested back into the parks PROPERLY, instead of going into corporate pockets.

These small pockets of investment they are doing now, should have been carried out nearly a decade ago. I see past the spin in announcing attractions, then having a 4-5 year slow build on a rollercoaster.
Have the days gone when imagineers can't produce a top attraction without screens or have it be some thrill seeking coaster?

The lack of creativity coming out of Disney and Universal these past few years has been dissapointing. Too many rollercoasters being build of late - to me it means it's 1) being cheap or 2) a lack of creativity.

This is just going to be another glossy coaster isn't it ? How creative - will they swish some lights at ya so it feels like ya going into space, as you zoom round at 80pmh (rolls eyes) ... that must have been one helluva creative meeting.

These are some original opinions! Maybe try to enjoy the fact that they are building 6 major attractions as we speak instead of regurgitating the same negativity that can be found near verbatim 100 times throughout this thread?

Disneyhead'71

Maybe They are going to put a spike on it like the Amway Center.

Tz-gC9fs_400x400.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think part of that is the dynamic of guests on the West Coast vs down in the swamps. If you are a first time or infrequent visitor to WDW it’s pretty tough to get through everything at DAK and once everything is done DHS in a whole day and impossible to do in half a day, but they do have a larger percentage of shows/walkthrough attractions vs rides. Regular visitors tend to skip a lot of things, especially some of the shows and walking trails. If you go to those 2 parks and just ride all of the rides and skip mostly everything else with a decent plan and FP+ you are probably done in 1/2 a day. So the parks aren’t 1/2 day parks for people who choose to do other attractions outside of the rides. WDW is marketed more towards the less frequent visitors.

Flash over to CA where it’s more of a locals park. They have been continuously adding rides and attractions to keep regular visitors interested. It’s a different dynamic of guests. SW is a perfect example. While it’s the major draw for an entire park in FL it’s just another land in an already jam packed DL park.

Rodan75

Not sure if this is old news, but apparently the Imagineers who are working on the Guardians ride are freaking out in light of the James Gunn firing since might effect the ride's development.
https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/marvel-us-disney-episode-14-live-from-the-indy-disney-meet

I can understand why they would be concerned. But big picture, GOTG is a big franchise, bigger than any Director.

Worst case scenario we end up with slightly different character interactions within Marvel Cosmic.

cheezbat

Half day park is definitely subjective. Now whether someone just wants more to do is another thing. Several parks are underbuilt, but you can indeed spend full days at both.
Well if you stroll around at the pace of my deceased grandmother then yes, DHS and DAK could easily be full day parks. I do practically everything(yes I LOVE the animal trails and I even go out to Rafiki’s Planet Watch), and even with going through Pandora and seeing Lion King, Nemo, etc, I’m done by 3 or 4. That park could use maybe one more show, but needs another animal walkthrough and about half a dozen rides to really be where I think it should.

Studios is still a joke no matter how you try and slice it. Beauty and the Beast, Mermaid, Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Tower, Rock N Roller Coaster, Muppetvision, Toy Story Land, Frozen, and One Man’s dream are just not enough to make a full day park.(yes I know I excluded Launch Bay-what a joke-and Playhouse Disney.)

They’ve got the nighttime entertainment down, now if only they’d put parades back in the parks and load up on more attractions...

I know to many of you this is nothing more than my opinion, but honestly, how sad is it that we defend Disney and their half built parks. These parks are 20, 29, 36, and 47 years old. There should be so much more to the most expensive theme parks in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom