News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Have the days gone when imagineers can't produce a top attraction without screens or have it be some thrill seeking coaster?

It's been awhile since I've read something so dumb.

You disallow screens as if all use of screens were bad. That's stupid.

You insinuate that the coasters Disney does are all thrill coasters. That's a lie.

What's disheartening is the number of haters who fall for such a garbage post as if it had any validity, especially given your post history here.

geekza

Horizons is considered the the best ride by a small select niche of Disney World enthusiasts. If you leave this pond of WDW, I can ensure you that the majority of casual theme park fans wouldn't even have a clue of what Horizons was. I'm 43, and vaguely remember it. It always felt like a continuation of Space Ship earth to me. For me it was an okay attraction. For most people it was an excuse to get out of the hot Florida sun. That is the non revisionist history version of Horizons.

I get it and respect that this ride has a special place for some people but to say that it is a tent pole attraction that the majority of people were fond of isn't entirely accurate.
Horizons was loved by a lot of people. While I don't doubt that there were also a lot of people who weren't crazy about it, one does not negate the other. There is no question that it was a well-designed and thoughtful attraction and that it is missed by a great many people more than a "small select niche of Disney World enthusiasts." It's fine if you and others you know didn't like it. That doesn't make it the prevailing opinion, unless you have some hard data you'd like to share.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Horizons is considered the the best ride by a small select niche of Disney World enthusiasts. If you leave this pond of WDW, I can ensure you that the majority of casual theme park fans wouldn't even have a clue of what Horizons was. I'm 43, and vaguely remember it. It always felt like a continuation of Space Ship earth to me. For me it was an okay attraction. For most people it was an excuse to get out of the hot Florida sun. That is the non revisionist history version of Horizons.

I get it and respect that this ride has a special place for some people but to say that it is a tent pole attraction that the majority of people were fond of isn't entirely accurate.

Was your intent to stir up a large hornet's nest with your comments? Because that's what you're gonna get. And passing off your view as though you think you know what "most people" thought is pretty disingenuous.

geekza

I hate to say it but my opinion is THE prevailing opinion. Ask anyone around that visits theme parks casually and ask them about Horizons and they will say, whats that?
Now ask them about Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Harry Potter, etc.....
Those are also attractions that are still in existence and likely one that they've experienced more recently. Again, there is ample evidence of people's affection for Horizons. Is that overwhelming proof of exact numbers? No. However, it's more evidence than exists for those who didn't like it. Again, I know those people are out there, but unless you have some hard evidence to back up your assertion that it's "THE prevailing opinion," then it's just conjecture based upon your personal experience.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I hate to say it but my opinion is THE prevailing opinion. Ask anyone around that visits theme parks casually and ask them about Horizons and they will say, whats that?
Now ask them about Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Harry Potter, etc.....
See my point? I'm not saying that Horizons wasn't a good ride but to call it the best ride of all time...Thats a stretch...

Good grief... You're in troll territory now. I'm out.

geekza

I'm not saying that Horizons wasn't a good ride but to call it the best ride of all time...Thats a stretch...
I don't think that it is so much that it was the best ride of all time, though there are some who feel that way. However, it was an unquestionably great ride that was replaced by an inferior attraction in a park that needs all the great attractions it can get. Sometimes, Disney makes mistakes. Getting rid of Horizons and the original Imagination attractions were mistakes.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Why because I have a view point different from yours;)
Just common sense. Horizons is a cult favorite. You can call me names thats fine but it doesn't change the fact that I'm right.
Of course you're "right". That's how opinions work. Now if you had some empirical data to back up your claims...you might be in with a chance of changing people's minds.

geekza

You can call me names thats fine but it doesn't change the fact that I'm right.

youkeepusing.jpg

Slov72

I don't think that it is so much that it was the best ride of all time, though there are some who feel that way. However, it was an unquestionably great ride that was replaced by an inferior attraction in a park that needs all the great attractions it can get. Sometimes, Disney makes mistakes. Getting rid of Horizons and the original Imagination attractions were mistakes.
I agree with this wholeheartedly but it may be a stretch to call horizons the best ever..... maybe there is some middle ground here. It was the epitome of that style Disney ride; but might not have been for everyone.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Sure. I agree it was a good ride but my initial point was to counter discuss that it was not the best of all time. Not even close.
Some things don't need empirical evidence. My only point was that it was NO WHERE NEAR THE BEST RIDE OF ALL TIME. Do you need empirical evidence that you went to the bathroom three days ago or is it just a given. I would think the person that said it was the best ride of all time would need empirical evidence. I just countered that point by saying most people don't even know what it is and I go to Disney every year for like 15 years so you can imagine the casual theme park attendee would be even more clueless about it. It's called common sense.
For the last time Horizons was a good ride with a cult following that loves it. I get it. that wasn't my point.
giphy.gif

geekza

I agree with this wholeheartedly but it may be a stretch to call horizons the best ever..... maybe there is some middle ground here. It was the epitome of that style Disney ride; but might not have been for everyone.
See my quote below.
I don't think that it is so much that it was the best ride of all time, though there are some who feel that way.
Also, nobody has argued that there aren't people who didn't like Horizons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom