News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Bender123

The new theme for all the Disney parks is "Bob Iger's Retirement Package."

For such a huge plot of land, they seem to decide on a ride and then spin a wheel to determine where to drop it in...Im glad they are adding rides, but they seriously couldn't think of a better thematic fit for Epcot for the same ride system? Hell...heres an idea. Retheme Tron to GotG, because arguably TLs general "space" theme can support it and theme the Epcot ride to something like Wal-E traveling through space/the earth to find clean and renewable energy to help clean up the Earth...It fits the technology theme, the IP theme and the thrill ride parts.

Put me in Bob...Im ready to Imagineer.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I had my doubts about Guardians using Vekoma hardware but this more or less confirms it: https://panjiva.com/Walt-Disney-Imagineering/10302364

On the topic of import permits, I know Disney sometimes works with multiple vendors to make a ride, but could these imports also be for the GotG attraction, or are these something else entirely:

Launch Coaster Parts (from Mack):
https://www.usaimportdata.com/us-import/shipment-of-40457346.aspx

Vertical Drop Device (from Zierer):
https://www.usaimportdata.com/us-import/shipment-of-42647195.aspx

The second one is certainly a bit more interesting... I don't believe Vekoma has ever put a vertical drop segment on any of their coasters, but Zierer has several times... would be really interesting/odd to see this considering the new Harry Potter coaster down the road almost certainly has a drop track as well...

Cesar R M

Regarding Ant-Man physics: Yeah, Marvel hasn't given us a detailed explanation. And the part-explanation doesn't explain everything we see.

DC's "The Atom" did it better by saying he can control size *and* density.

Just pretend Ant-Man can do the same.
Considering how Pym is very smart. he could have invented other stuff than just size changing. I mean, he built a giant lab in a ruined building!

He could have put anti gravity systems to make it portable and other things!

RSoxNo1

Okay guys im just looking at these pictures of the sightlines and I gotta say. The building doesn't really do that much damage to the sightlines yet and it doesn't look like it will if this is the final height. From just pictures it looks to take away from Spaceship Earth about as much as the Imagination Pavilion does. I feel unless the building ends up looking like Mission: Breakout or they leave it like a giant box we should be all good and even if they do that it doesn't look hard to hard to block it out and just take in Spaceship Earth. Maybe my mind will change if I were to see it in person but I seriously doubt it.
The concern is that it's big and flat (and therefore potentially uninteresting). However, if it has a metallic finish on the exposed parts (like the Test Track/Motion building) I suspect that will be fine. I think the hotels overlooking World Showcase will be more intrusive.

MagicJack78

I know the predicted figure. I know the target figure. And I can not for the life of me figure it out. Not even for WDI. It must be made of 18 carrot gold.

There’s nothing groundbreaking, nothing truly amazing. No Kuka arm ride system. No hundreds of AAs. I don’t get it either.
Is a large % of the cost of this particular project going to be associated with the exterior theme of this building?

Also, is there any truth to the potential addition of a drop track added to this ride as indicated above?
Thanks- Jack

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

@marni1971 Are there any experiences/rides on property that are comparable to what Guardians will be? The enormity of the budget seems like we’ll be getting an epic and detailed experience like Radiator Springs Racers or Splash Mountain yet.........all the talk so far doesn’t seem like it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is a large % of the cost of this particular project going to be associated with the exterior theme of this building?

Also, is there any truth to the potential addition of a drop track added to this ride as indicated above?
Thanks- Jack
I’ve seen nothing to suggest a drop track.
@marni1971 Are there any experiences/rides on property that are comparable to what Guardians will be? The enormity of the budget seems like we’ll be getting an epic and detailed experience like Radiator Springs Racers or Splash Mountain yet.........all the talk so far doesn’t seem like it.
Space Mountain meets Revenge of the Mummy?

I hope I’m wrong of course.

cjkeating

On the topic of import permits, I know Disney sometimes works with multiple vendors to make a ride, but could these imports also be for the GotG attraction, or are these something else entirely:

Launch Coaster Parts (from Mack):
https://www.usaimportdata.com/us-import/shipment-of-40457346.aspx

Vertical Drop Device (from Zierer):
https://www.usaimportdata.com/us-import/shipment-of-42647195.aspx

The second one is certainly a bit more interesting... I don't believe Vekoma has ever put a vertical drop segment on any of their coasters, but Zierer has several times... would be really interesting/odd to see this considering the new Harry Potter coaster down the road almost certainly has a drop track as well...

Could the vertical drop be for Battle Escape? Linked to the elevator?

Other than Tower of Terror I can't think of anything that has a vertical drop at WDW?

MagicJack78

I've never been on revenge of the mummy, but isn't it considered a strong e-ticket?
Outside of the Harry Potter stuff it's my favorite ride at the Universal Park, not including Islands. Imo, I'm not sure its aging well though, as the coaster portion of the ride is its weakest part. If it was a bit longer and had some theming in the coaster section it would be even better, but the dark ride portion of the ride is where it excels. With that being said I'm a fan!

Last edited:

matt9112

Outside of the Harry Potter stuff it's my favorite ride at the Universal Park, not including Islands. Imo, I'm not sure its aging well though, as the coaster portion of the ride is its weakest part. If it was a bit longer and had some theming in the coaster section it would be even better, but the dark ride portion of the ride is where it excels. With that being said I'm a fan!

i find it to be enjoyable as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom