News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kman101

It’s a bit tricky though. If we enjoy the queue, doesn’t that add to the ride? The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (clearly defined as an attraction) would be a fun queue and, while I’ve not waited in it yet, FOP apparently has a great queue. 7DMT also has an entertaining queue which would be pleasant were it not moving so slowly due to FP+

Agreed that a great queue certainly helps and enhances said attraction, but the main bones of the attraction shouldn't be queues and pre-shows. JMO. But if done right it does indeed add to the experience. For me I'm a bit in the middle. Give us both a great immersive queue and a great immersive ride, no matter what the ride is. It seems to be either/or sometimes. (Having a great queue that sets up the ride is different than most of the 'attraction' taking place before the ride itself)

Kman101

Uni’s most recent isn’t anything to write home about either.

Thank you.

There's a lot that needs updating. I know they'll get around to it and their focus is on the third theme park (sorry folks, Volcano Bay wasn't their "third gate", it was a nicely done water theme park, it's not the same as a regular park in my eyes). That's the problem when you have mostly 3D attractions. They ultimately get dated. While easy and fun at the time, they're now in a situation, where, honestly, the entire side from Shrek to Men in Black needs an overhaul. Many many people are not happy about all the screens. I know that stigma will lessen in the future but those attractions aren't open yet.

Universal could really use several varying dark rides. Why not a Shrek dark ride in the theater? Put Kung Fu in Terminator (sorry, I know Bourne made a lot of money but, people, it's like Fallon: WHY?). When The Simpsons get dumped (and they will, maybe not soon but they will) moved Despicable Me there, turn Springfield into Silly Fun Land and put a dark ride with Minions in MIB. They really need to focus on some mini-lands with solid attractions. I'm hopeful that's the plan in the future. They really have a lot of work to do in the Studios, IMO. Sure a lot of it can wait but there's a lot to do.

BOTH Fallon and Supercharged were not necessary. I'd begrudge Supercharged less if it were actually good (friends of mine hated it and are tired of the screens at universal, they want to actually go somewhere)

V_L_Raptor

It's not like they can do much on a 2 minute launch coaster. The best part of an attraction should not be the queue.

It’s a bit tricky though. If we enjoy the queue, doesn’t that add to the ride? The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (clearly defined as an attraction) would be a fun queue and, while I’ve not waited in it yet, FOP apparently has a great queue. 7DMT also has an entertaining queue which would be pleasant were it not moving so slowly due to FP+

Not all that tricky, in sum.

If the best part of the attraction is the queue, the ride itself may end up a waste of time. Why bother with getting strapped/harnessed into some middling roller coaster when the fun stuff is mainly while you're waiting in line? For that matter, why bother with a ride at all if the good use of money is on queue development and details? (Hell, that could even become... a pavilion. In Epcot. Horrors!)

People *expecting* a ride doesn't mean a whole lot, if the ride ends up being a letdown after a really well done queue.

cjkeating

But why would Disney order that much extra from Mack for "Launched Coaster"? Is all that extra stuff just for Slinky? Or is Mack making the ride vehicles with Vekoma supplying track?

It is possible that was the last delivery from Mack which in May could have been a final Slink Dog train or spare parts for the launch etc?

All signs point to Vekoma for the GOTG coaster.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To be fair, the queue is where you will be spending 90% of the time on almost any attraction, so a well themed queue does add a lot to the experience.
That it does. But the ride itself should always vastly excel the queue.

Of course a well designed and generous capacity attraction would always reduce queue time to the minimum possible.

matt9112

Thank you.

There's a lot that needs updating. I know they'll get around to it and their focus is on the third theme park (sorry folks, Volcano Bay wasn't their "third gate", it was a nicely done water theme park, it's not the same as a regular park in my eyes). That's the problem when you have mostly 3D attractions. They ultimately get dated. While easy and fun at the time, they're now in a situation, where, honestly, the entire side from Shrek to Men in Black needs an overhaul. Many many people are not happy about all the screens. I know that stigma will lessen in the future but those attractions aren't open yet.

Universal could really use several varying dark rides. Why not a Shrek dark ride in the theater? Put Kung Fu in Terminator (sorry, I know Bourne made a lot of money but, people, it's like Fallon: WHY?). When The Simpsons get dumped (and they will, maybe not soon but they will) moved Despicable Me there, turn Springfield into Silly Fun Land and put a dark ride with Minions in MIB. They really need to focus on some mini-lands with solid attractions. I'm hopeful that's the plan in the future. They really have a lot of work to do in the Studios, IMO. Sure a lot of it can wait but there's a lot to do.

BOTH Fallon and Supercharged were not necessary. I'd begrudge Supercharged less if it were actually good (friends of mine hated it and are tired of the screens at universal, they want to actually go somewhere)

but no disney ride features something i drive every day....soooo soft spot kudos. i dont find men in black that bad a refresh top to bottom would do wonders. im not buying into Simpsons taking a hike anytime that can be remotely called soon. its not just a ride its a mini land and trust me im not a fan i hate the ride. production central IMHO needs the most work. (shrek replacement) and like you said minions need a mini land. park also lacks small kid oriented rides period. kidzone is a dated relic of kids crap stuck in the corner like its in a time out.

matt9112

Of course a well designed and generous capacity attraction would always reduce queue time to the minimum possible.

it appears that disney has sort of ceded that long lines are part of life. there recent headliners haven't IMHO here been really built to handle lots of guests.

lazyboy97o

it appears that disney has sort of ceded that long lines are part of life. there recent headliners haven't IMHO here been really built to handle lots of guests.
It’s not ceding, but a deliberate operational choice and objective. Disney wants attractions per guest per hour to be as low as possible and they have been very successful in convincing people that this is a good thing.

Movielover

It’s not ceding, but a deliberate operational choice and objective. Disney wants attractions per guest per hour to be as low as possible and they have been very successful in convincing people that this is a good thing.

I don't think they were even trying to convince people that its a good thing. I think they just flat out wanted people to wait in lines longer so there is more incentive to come back another day to spend more money and they just don't care if we do like it or not, its Disney's way or no way.

MagicJack78

To date I believe it has been rumored from yourself and other "people in the know" that the ride will not include a lot of traditional theming in the Gravity building. It has also been rumored that projection mapping may provide the primary theming in that building. Any truth to this or should we expect to be whizzing about in a black void?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To date I believe it has been rumored from by yourself and other "people in the know" that the ride will not include a lot of traditional themeing in the Gravity building. It has also been rumored that projection mapping may provide the primary theming in that building. Any truth to this or should we expect to be wizzing about in a black void?
I don’t know about specifics, but everything I’m aware of so far suggests something akin visually to Space Mountain (Paris, not Orlando)

MagicJack78

I don’t know about specifics, but everything I’m aware of so far suggests something akin visually to Space Mountain (Paris, not Orlando)
Gotcha...Thanks... Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that with the implementation of this ride and Tron, that Space Mountain is living on borrowed time. Is this a thought within Disney or am I just being paranoid?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom