112.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 9CB8BEA1-18D5-4D21-9652-A1DE6E9174AD.jpeg
    9CB8BEA1-18D5-4D21-9652-A1DE6E9174AD.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 224
  • CBC87050-7D1F-4A54-AA62-285F14057F27.jpeg
    CBC87050-7D1F-4A54-AA62-285F14057F27.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 218

trainplane3

My goodness, those pictures really highlight just how big that building is going to be when it's finished. To me, it's so out of place in Epcot...

Edit: And the third picture is a two-for-one special, showing both the GotG eyesore and the current Space restaurant land clearing. :)
Three for one if you include the ongoing WoL roof work.

DreamfinderGuy

So i've heard from an insider which I will not name, that the attraction may be setting itself up for a Spring-Summer 2020 opening if all goes to plan. Anybody heard anything similar? Doesn't really add up with the "21"s on the construction wall

Bairstow

Do we know what type of Roller Coaster this is going to be? Is it on the intensity of RRC & EE or more like SM or BTMR?

Not really. Some have speculated that Vekoma's testing of a new type of powered spinning coaster is intended for the ride, but this conflicts with other bits of concept art. Other than the height of the ride track building, there has been no visible indication from the construction of what sort of coaster hardware they're using.

Biff215

Yes, they are using the plants from Avatar which require no sunlight but will grow in the dark. It will be a multi-level walkthrough of gardens from across the galaxy, complete with a slide from one level to another.
And a food and wine booth every 20 feet. Like WS was promoted to be a permanent world’s fair, this will be a permanent festival. ;)

geekza

Do we know what type of Roller Coaster this is going to be? Is it on the intensity of RRC & EE or more like SM or BTMR?
It's being touted as a "Family Coaster," so I don't imagine it will be too crazy. It also has the capability of rotating the vehicles where they want them to face, so I tend to think that most of the big thrill will be the high-speed launch. We don't really have too much concrete info yet, as far as I know.

Kman101

This was probably already talked about, and sorry if it was, but wasn't there some hint of some sort in the Guardians Awesome Mix show? The picture of the building that was recently posted on here? It seems likely we'll see some sort of eyesore. Very very curious how they pull this off.

I still don't think it needed to be a coaster. Or build the coaster and put a dark ride in the Energy building. Sigh. I love the Guardians but the use of them so far is disappointing. I think this is just a lazy way to get a coaster into the park. A real shame. Not discounting it will be fun. I'm sure the pre-shows and loooooong queue will be impressive but meh. And I wish I wasn't 'meh' about this.

Kman101

They currently have one going on at Epcot in the theater back at at The American Experience up until Food & Wine takes over.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...awesome-mix-live-shows-begin-june-9-at-epcot/

Thanks. No, I knew about the show and I've seen it (and actually like it; I still don't think the show fits in the American Garden Theaters but I suppose if they can host concerts there it's really no different than the former Sounds like Summer cover bands). I mean there's a picture of a building that's on the screen, during the show, it shows a tall building that looks like the picture posted in here. Many thought it was an obvious hint at the show building. I know I didn't explain it that well in my first post on it and still am not explaining it that well ... lol

Bairstow

So James Gunn has been fired from Marvel and Guardians 3.

Anyone at WDI have those Big Bang Epcot attraction plans that were looked at for the Energy pavilion that can be adapted into a rollercoaster? :p

Oh man, I hadn't considered the fallout being strong enough to torpedo the attraction, but a lot of what Gunn wrote is toxic enough to make it a possibility. If they proceed as planned, this ride is definitely going to be badly tainted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom