News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, July 14, 2018. Additional photos of construction of new building and removal of panels from the existing building.

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

1990sWDW

I just meant the height. It's half way done in width.

If we're talking about WS, I don't see how this is any worse than the Soarin building or even TOT behind Morocco.

I'm curious to see some pictures that include SE, because that seems to be the area people are most worried about.

So far the building has looked the biggest from the parking lot, which is hardly a problem.

GlacierGlacier

I just meant the height. It's half way done in width.

If we're talking about WS, I don't see how this is any worse than the Soarin building or even TOT behind Morocco.

I'm curious to see some pictures that include SE, because that seems to be the area people are most worried about.

So far the building has looked the biggest from the parking lot, which is hardly a problem.
The reason there haven't been many photos with SSE is because it is just far enough out of the way that most people can't get photos with one imposing on the other. The closest to that you can get is them kind-of side by side, but that's across the world showcase lagoon. It's far enough back and east that, for the most part, SSE stands uninterrupted.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's only half way done. And the building is much more of a visual impact from farther away like in WS.

Yes, the further you get away, the less of an impact that closer buildings have in blocking your field of view. A building right next to you will be huge compared to a bigger building further away.

So, at a far distance, you can see how GotG will be much bigger than UoE or WoL or the cars in the parking lot.

However, at a far distance, everything is small compared to your full range of vision. Which lessens the impact of a very large building. Telephoto lenses and blowing up a picture of it can show the larger building to be looming menacingly... but we don't have telephoto eyes, so, we don't see that in person.

IOW, all the telephoto and enlarged photos portray a reality one would never experience in person.

I've yet to overhear anyone outside the Mexico or Norway pavilions exclaim, "OMG! What is that giant building behind France!!!" But with all the telephoto pics that people post, you would think that would happen all the time.

Lensman

300 pages of complaining, 37 pages of fanboy complaining, 1 page of relevant speculation
I think this thread is actually one of the better ones. Here why: :)

What has all the whining been about?
1. Sightlines - but much of the complaining is actually accompanied by pictures of the gravity building going up. This actually helps to visualize the construction progress much of the time. The only downside is that we get a fresh batch of complaints every time we get new construction photos.
2. (related) Theming of the gravity building - but recently the complaining has actually been about all the different ways that the theming of the gravity building could be too garish. This means the posts are often accompanied by pictures of, say, Xandarian architecture.
3. Changes to the original Universe of Energy building (like the removal of the mirrored tiles) - but again, these are almost always accompanied by photos of the demolition progress. Sad but informative.
4. Fights about how good/bad the original UoE attraction was or Ellen's Energy Adventure - These posts usually include great personal memories or reference good nostalgic lookbacks/video memorials. I enjoy these.
5. Ongoing discussion of the theming controversy and introduction of film IP into Epcot - Unlike the repetitive discussions of AC in the Gondola Thread, I feel like the theming discussions here are actually discussion an unresolved issue. I could even imagine this thread being referenced by Imagineering as helpful - AC discussion on the Gondola thread, less so. :)

Have I forgotten some other fight topic? :) Please feel free to add!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think this thread is actually one of the better ones. Here why: :)

What has all the whining been about?
1. Sightlines - but much of the complaining is actually accompanied by pictures of the gravity building going up. This actually helps to visualize the construction progress much of the time. The only downside is that we get a fresh batch of complaints every time we get new construction photos.
2. (related) Theming of the gravity building - but recently the complaining has actually been about all the different ways that the theming of the gravity building could be too garish. This means the posts are often accompanied by pictures of, say, Xandarian architecture.
3. Changes to the original Universe of Energy building (like the removal of the mirrored tiles) - but again, these are almost always accompanied by photos of the demolition progress. Sad but informative.
4. Fights about how good/bad the original UoE attraction was or Ellen's Energy Adventure - These posts usually include great personal memories or reference good nostalgic lookbacks/video memorials. I enjoy these.
5. Ongoing discussion of the theming controversy and introduction of film IP into Epcot - Unlike the repetitive discussions of AC in the Gondola Thread, I feel like the theming discussions here are actually discussion an unresolved issue. I could even imagine this thread being referenced by Imagineering as helpful - AC discussion on the Gondola thread, less so. :)

Have I forgotten some other fight topic? :) Please feel free to add!
Whether or not Peter Quill actually visited Epcot...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom