News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

smile

I think the long-term Disney faithful have a much more enthusiastic opinion of the slow-moving edutainment Epcot attractions than did the general public.

i think you're falling victim to the exact song and dance you're supposed to...
epcot's attendance was never as stable or robust as it was when those exact attractions were established and respectfully maintained.

that a concept so expensive to build and maintain with the gaul to eschew cartoons (disney?!) was, in any way, beginning to rival mk's attendance, at any point, is astonishing and deeply frightening to twdc for obvious reasons.

can't have that.

deWild

No, because he's a founding Avenger and the Avengers are part of Universal's Marvel contract.

Right, I know that but I guess what I meant was could they use the concept of the Quantum Realm with other characters from Marvel? Similar to how (correct me if I’m wrong) Drax is missing from the Guardians ride in Anaheim.

Bairstow

that a concept so expensive to build and maintain with the gaul to eschew cartoons (disney?!) was, in any way, beginning to rival mk's attendance, at any point, is astonishing and deeply frightening to twdc for obvious reasons.

can't have that.

I don't follow your logic. You believe that even though Disney spent billions building Epcot, it was doing so with the intent of not having the park be a success commiserate with its investment... in order to make itself look foolish?

lazyboy97o

I don't follow your logic. You believe that even though Disney spent billions building Epcot, it was doing so with the intent of not having the park be a success commiserate with its investment... in order to make itself look foolish?
EPCOT Center was successful but that story has been rewritten to frame it as a failure to justify Roy E. Disney’s coup against his cousin-in-law.

Rich Brownn

Some people went on UoE. Also, Sum of all Thrills was pretty popular.

Also keep in mind that Epcot's attendance has spiked quite a bit in recent years. The bigger crowds + the decrease in capacity = longer lines.
Part of the problem, as I have stated before, is that Future World was designed for longer rides. If you look at UoE, Horizons and WoM the time *in* the rides (not counting wait time) was one hour and 15 minutes. Now, even including GoTG (I'll even give it a generous 5 minutes with pre-show) the total time in ride on that side is a little under 20 minutes. So thats nearly an hour less where you're in and out. Same on side two : With Journey @ 15, Land/FoodRocks/Symbiousis making up 45 minutes and The Seas (with movie and hydrator) being about 15 thats another hour and 15. Now its Journey (5), Land (15) Soaring (6), Nemo (4) - its 30 minutes. Again the crowds in and out in much much less time.

SirLink

Soarin replaced food rocks, honey I shrunk the audience traumatized me as a kid so it’s a stretch to say it’s family friendly but was replaced y the Pixar Short Film Festival anyways and Journey Into Imagination, the Seas and Living With The Land are still present

Who would want to to travel to see shorts from Blu Rays that they can watch in 3D at home if they desire... and JiI, Seas and LwtL are the worst versions of them.

Biff215

Part of the problem, as I have stated before, is that Future World was designed for longer rides. If you look at UoE, Horizons and WoM the time *in* the rides (not counting wait time) was one hour and 15 minutes. Now, even including GoTG (I'll even give it a generous 5 minutes with pre-show) the total time in ride on that side is a little under 20 minutes. So thats nearly an hour less where you're in and out. Same on side two : With Journey @ 15, Land/FoodRocks/Symbiousis making up 45 minutes and The Seas (with movie and hydrator) being about 15 thats another hour and 15. Now its Journey (5), Land (15) Soaring (6), Nemo (4) - its 30 minutes. Again the crowds in and out in much much less time.
True, but the other hour plus will now be spent waiting in line for the sub-five minute attractions! Problem solved! ;)

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm amazed how some people think a bunch of dioramas with little movement and a recorded dialogue is superior to a live show with an excellent live performance.

The former is ridden over and over again precisely because it's "a ride". The latter gets regarded as not worth it because it's "not a ride."

Yes, I know that's not all people. But there are folks who only "count rides" when they list what a park has to offer. They count the slowly-passing-by dioramas as one of the attractions and then ignore a fantastic show because your seat doesn't move... crazy.

As an example, just think of how much better the American Adventure is compared to Spaceship Earth. And AmAd has a bunch of dioramic scenes and much superior AAs than SE. But when it comes to listing what Epcot has to offer, guess which often gets on the list and which is often left off.
You had me up until when you said AA is better than SSE. While I agree in general that shows should be counted as attractions, and it's not all about rides, and that AA is an amazing attraction that deserves to be counted among Epcot's best, SSE is still one of the most unique, inspiring attractions WDI has ever built. Unfortunately, it loses some of its grandeur with the latest incarnation's descent. But both the Irons and Cronkite version are damn near close to perfect.

RSoxNo1

The idea is to show how many family friendly attractions were replaced by rides that are not family friendly. You can argue that Soarin' is a family attraction. However, there is a height restriction. Personally, I do not count Pixar Short Film Festival. Most of the shorts are on their DVD specials.
Soarin is a family friendly ride with a height requirement. All of the films that have appeared in Pixar Short Film Festival have been available as Blu Ray extras.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom