News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Bender123

Fantasyland was also the unfortunate Disney follow-up to Hogsmeade, and Mine Train’s last minute addition pushed the land into phased openings.

When Mine Train finally opened, it really drove home that Disney wasn’t interested in rivaling Forbidden Journey or Gringotts (and with no major announcements until 2015, it didn’t look like they ever would be).

The lesson was well learned...the effect of Hogsmeade and the (then) expected results of Diagon Ally pretty much forced a complete redraw of Star Wars. This was te beginning of the end of "We are the best, so we don't have to compete" mentality at WDW. Most of the construction you are seeing today either came as a direct result of the shock Uni sent through the system or has been expanded due to that competition.

Unfortunately, WDW learned the lesson late and is just piling on 20 years of slow and steady work and updates into a five year rush.

geekza

Unfortunately, WDW learned the lesson late and is just piling on 20 years of slow and steady work and updates into a five year rush.
"Oh, crud! Bring in every Stormtrooper costume we own and prep the projection screens and motion simulators! Oh, and throw a couple of off-the-shelf rides and oversized props around Midway Mania. We'll show them!!!" - Disney Management

(I'm actually hopeful about Galaxy's Edge. Just some good-natured ribbing.)

Kamikaze

The lesson was well learned...the effect of Hogsmeade and the (then) expected results of Diagon Ally pretty much forced a complete redraw of Star Wars. This was te beginning of the end of "We are the best, so we don't have to compete" mentality at WDW. Most of the construction you are seeing today either came as a direct result of the shock Uni sent through the system or has been expanded due to that competition.

I don't know if its a lesson or something else, but either way: Better late than never.

nbdysreal

Didn't get any up close pics, sorry, but here's a shot of the 2 cranes over there. (Please correct me if this is for WOL, but location didn't look like it).

Attachments

• 20180518_144940.jpg
    20180518_144940.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 95

trainplane3

New pics from Bioreconstruct show that they're building a wall... I wonder if the gravity building will be enclosed during construction after all

https://t.co/6YmWzaWdBs">pic.twitter.com/6YmWzaWdBs</a></p>— bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) <a href="

Either that or they're putting up one of the walls to block the view of a exposed coaster from within FW. That really wouldn't make sense though.

Dunston

Either that or they're putting up one of the walls to block the view of a exposed coaster from within FW. That really wouldn't make sense though.
It would be a futile effort when you could see the through top from the Skyliner anyway. Who knows what they'll do next

RSoxNo1

OMG! GotG is going to be one of these spinning coasters?!?!? I am gutted. What a shame. Because that one in AK is sooooo popular. I was so looking forward to the guardians ride. More simulators and more spin. My weak inner ear gives imagineering the proverbial "orange bird". I'm crushed. smh
I think comparing the Guardians ride to Primeval Whirl is like comparing Shanghai Pirates to a rowboat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom