News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But do the GotG represent America? Only Peter is from there - the rest of the GotG are illegal aliens. Illegal immigration is not a big interest to me politically, but have they registered with the Sokovia Accords? We could have some international criminals dancing in the Ameican pavilion!

I hope the performance stage doesn't get raided.

Which planet is Jefferson Starship from?

Haymarket2008

But do the GotG represent America? Only Peter is from there - the rest of the GotG are illegal aliens. Illegal immigration is not a big interest to me politically, but have they registered with the Sokovia Accords? We could have some international criminals dancing in the Ameican pavilion!

I hope the performance stage doesn't get raided.

Well....the performance space was never used or intended to be used “in theme”.

MrConbon

The American Adventure pavilion is set in the present.

Yes but the architecture of the main building, the uniforms of the cast members, and the drummers that play all are in the style of colonial America. Guardians of the Galaxy is nothing like colonial America other than Starlord once living in America.

ToTBellHop

Yes but the architecture of the main building, the uniforms of the cast members, and the drummers that play all are in the style of colonial America. Guardians of the Galaxy is nothing like colonial America other than Starlord once living in America.
Looked at the costumes lately? They look like flight attendants.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a product of America. We are to assume it’s a presentation involving a movie. Not actual aliens.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Note how you say "main building" and studiously avoided mentioning the theater which is not at all colonial and does not feature colonial entertainment. The theater has featured religious Christmas concerts, 20th century rock, and Disney Broadway. Take the IP-ness of Disney Broadway and add in the 20th century rock and you'll get a GotG Mix Tape live band review.

GlacierGlacier

When was the last time something on stage was colonial. I sure know Barbie wasn't. Candelight doesn't have a wick of George Washington. And Eat to the Beat doesn't have any sign of King George's stamp tax.

This is a space which has exterior theming so it looks good from across the lagoon. The historical continuity stops at the exterior walls. We know this is temporary. This is far from the worst thing presented on that stage. This is not something to get worked up over.

Disneyson

The conceit will likely be that Peter Quill is on some vacation and he wanted to go back to visit the US. Gamora, obviously doesn’t understand what makes the US so palpable to Peter, why the memories are so good. So he’ll explain about how the music of America is iconic, play some hits, and eventually (finally) get Gamora to dance.

While it’s not a great fit, Peter Quill does have a strong affinity to the US and it’s music, and this new show will represent an important part of America that isn’t currently represented in the pavilion very well: Recent history. While all other pavilions pay homage to their country’s past as well as present, the American Adventure focuses mainly on the past in a different way than the other pavilions. It will be nice to see some more recent US “history” in the pavilion — US history that will not divide people as most other topics will. Music brings people together.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Will non thrill lovers be able to ride this ?

Well, there's the "family friendly" mantra part of "More Disney, more relevant and timeless, more family friendly."

It's why Mission Space got a Green Mission makeover and why the Slinky Coaster seems to be going in slow motion (at least, in their trial runs so far). It's been said by (our trusted) insiders that there won't be an inversion.

I can't imagine it being more intense than, say, Mummy at Uni.

Kman101

I doubt many think "Guardians of The Galaxy" when passing by the American Adventure and pavilion. But hey, whatever floats their boat. Not like the shows have to be 'time period appropriate' but it just feels odd to have this there, for me. I also will play debbie downer and predict it will be lame, but maybe they'll surprise me.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I doubt many think "Guardians of The Galaxy" when passing by the American Adventure and pavilion. But hey, whatever floats their boat. Not like the shows have to be 'time period appropriate' but it just feels odd to have this there, for me. I also will play debbie downer and predict it will be lame, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Yeah, this can be awful. It can be saved if the band is really, really good (we already know that the Mix Tape songs are good choices). And if the lines of Star Lord and Gamora are well written, or the actors are good improvisors.

And if people really groove into the songs and get up and start dancing, after all, the bandstand is 5 drinks around the world.

Skibum1970

Well, there's the "family friendly" mantra part of "More Disney, more relevant and timeless, more family friendly."

It's why Mission Space got a Green Mission makeover and why the Slinky Coaster seems to be going in slow motion (at least, in their trial runs so far). It's been said by (our trusted) insiders that there won't be an inversion.

I can't imagine it being more intense than, say, Mummy at Uni.

I would agree that it will be less than Mummy but more than Big Thunder. Maybe along the lines of Everest but with launches instead of a lift hill? Not to derail the thread but I don't understand why current management or fans think that Disney shouldn't do thrill rides. If I recall correctly, Walt Disney worked with Arrow to design the first steel coaster. He wasn't afraid of thrill rides. He wanted parks that people of all ages could enjoy and that should provide attractions for those that do or don't like thrill rides.

ToTBellHop

Fitting entertainment is not just about theme, placemaking, time periods, geography. But also about tonality. A loud superhero dance party is an atonal sentimental fit, is a crass contrast to the stately American Adventure and the serenity of the promenade.

Putting the girls in mediaeval costumes does not make a Hooters a good fit for Fantasyland.
I’d go for the wings.

ToTBellHop

I would agree that it will be less than Mummy but more than Big Thunder. Maybe along the lines of Everest but with launches instead of a lift hill? Not to derail the thread but I don't understand why current management or fans think that Disney shouldn't do thrill rides. If I recall correctly, Walt Disney worked with Arrow to design the first steel coaster. He wasn't afraid of thrill rides. He wanted parks that people of all ages could enjoy and that should provide attractions for those that do or don't like thrill rides.
They built Mission: Space and what happened?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom