Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop

I'll never understand the people who running around calling everyone "downers" simply because they don't like an idea... This is pretty clearly a poor thematic fit, and if you can't see that, well... There's probably no getting through to you.

matt9112

Okay I didn't mean to get us sidetracked. The negativity on here is just unbearable. I guess it's the price to pay for good scoops.

because disney simply put is UNWILLING or UNABLE to create new engaging experiences that are unrelated to a specific film....some people just want to watch the world burn.

UberPlannerMom

Your ideas sound good, but TT will probably not change again since they loosely themed the 2.0 version "Tron-like."
I'm just thinking that if it is indeed 2020 or 2021 before we can even expect any of this then that will be what, 10 years, since the last redo and I am sure people would be all about a new overlay by then...

Filby61

I think it's important to remember that the forums hold only a small percentage of Disney fans...

Which is internet forum brand-defender code for "your criticism of the brand carries no weight because you're in the minority."

The Disney Spirit is alive and well in the masses...

No, Disney brand marketing and branded-lifestyle habituation are alive and well in the masses.

Just look at the face of the children in the parks and tell me they don't believe it the magic and Disney Spirit.

We can and do believe anything when we are children. The low-threshhold test of pleasing children is why Walt said, "You're dead if you aim only for kids." Sadly, that's exactly what the risk-averse, Wall Street-facing, creatively bankrupt marketeers of Disney management are doing in the kiddiefication of EPCOT.

Your argument attempts to justify Disney management's status quo: a business model of charging more and delivering less. Which from a business standpoint is not unreasonable -- as long as one ignores the decades-long heritage of innovation, creativity and risk-taking that built the Disney Parks brand in the first place. It's that heritage that is being squandered with every quick grab at the low-hanging fruit of the next quarter's profits by the clueless class of revolving-door marketeers to whom Iger keeps handing the Keys to Disney's Magic Kingdoms.

The reality is that if the first generation of Disneyland management had been as visionless and risk-averse as Disney Parks' current management, we would not be having this conversation. Disneyland would have faded into oblivion, along with the generic amusement parks of its era that it would have imitated, after trying for a quick grab of easy profits -- and there would have been no WDW.

And that is why some of us choke on the claim that the "Disney Spirit is alive and well" at Disney's domestic parks. You're talking about a make-believe status quo that pretends the heritage of Disney's past is alive and well in the present. We're talking about the hard reality of what Disney management is (and more pointedly, isn't) doing today that will affect the future of its domestic parks brand.

Last edited:

clemmo

So I know this isn't strictly GOTG or Epcot but this is how the project seem to line up by the 50th
2017-Avatar
2018-TSL
2019-SWL?
2020/2021-Epcot "revamp"
Feel free to correct me if I missed something
That is quite a lot planned, (although many may not agree with some of the content) much more than we've seen since the DAK opening

ToTBellHop

So I know this isn't strictly GOTG or Epcot but this is how the project seem to line up by the 50th
2017-Avatar
2018-TSL
2019-SWL?
2020/2021-Epcot "revamp"
Feel free to correct me if I missed something
That is quite a lot planned, (although many may not agree with some of the content) much more than we've seen since the DAK opening
MK will get updates and a new parade(s?) and fireworks as well and there is another E-ticket headed to DHS.

Phantom Mickey

At least we still have Figment
I def agree with that, it does feel that way doesn't it. They use to be masters at that sort of thing, anymore its whatever is easier and no one cares.
This is interesting and I can't say that we have not seen this type of mix of attractions coming. as for being able to have people that were masters at that sort of thing..... good bye. Some years back all the older HIGH PAID people were replaced with NEW Graduates.... yes, let's give the new guys a chance and we'll pay them sqwat..... you get what you pay for. Present day, DisneyMGM studios, whats left? EPCOT has been in a state of change for a long time but they did bring in ELLEN, some how that is just bad. Magic Kingdom, ok I'll give you Splash Mountain, little furry animals in Frontier land, lolol. TomorrowLand, seems to have lost it story, don't you think? But they replaced ALIEN ENCOUNTER with STITCH.... uh, yeah.
Fantasyland still has Its A Small World....
See, it's all perfect, what else could you want now that a cartoon group to save the world is going to be in EPCOT. EduTainment?
Hmmmmmmm

ELLEN, RAHAhAHahAHahaaahahahaa

RSoxNo1

Oh! I now realize I was misreading the statement. I thought @MansionButler84 was specifically talking about the year 2021 as opposed to the 2017-2021 period. Was trying to figure out what the significant project was for 2021 specifically.

Sometimes I'm a little too eager on reading between the lines.

Am I allowed to say that I am officially now very happy with their upcoming level of investment? Even if there are nitpicks here and there, I think WDW might actually be leaving the dark days behind.
I think most people on here are happy with the direction of 3 of the 4 parks.

Phantom Mickey

From Marni's statements that this will be a ride and show I do not see this as going away from the pavilion theme of FW. As of now, I am not sure what or if this will have anything to do with energy. If Disney can somehow integrate GotG with the current energy theme of the UoE than I think this could be a huge plus.

Let's be honest UoE was not helped by Ellen. The ride does have the cool dino animatronics and provides education information about energy sources but is there any reason as of now to not think that Disney could still provide some useful educational knowledge using the GotG characters??? Maybe it is wishful thinking but if it is pulled off well and we get a nice new ride - this has to be an improvement. The current Ellen video is outdated. Something needed to be done and maybe this can work
UOE was really out there when it opened. I had that new sectioned prescreen that was sooo different. The sound score was absolutely great. And the dinosaurs. I hate to knock a good older attraction so, the dinosaurs were authentic in the early 80's. I guess for a theme park they were pretty good, pat Disney Imagineers on the back. Then came Jurassic Park which sort of changed the way we looked at dinosaurs. UOE began to stale. And then they (COUGH) brought Ellen in (COUGH). Sorry but that was not a plus but it was an attempt, at what I don't know.
... Along comes Animal Kingdom and it has Dinosaurs. UOE is looking older as time passes.
Can the GARDIANS OF THE GALAXIE save us from certain doom??? Will they have a time machine? Will Tony Stark be able to find some technoligical magic back when the dinosaurs owned all the realestate? Which arch villan is going to try to capture the worlds riches by going back in time and glom onto the diamonds gold silver and oil reserves, LOL. Can the Garidans of the Universe save us from this terrible plan by the arch villan???? Tune in to EPCOTs attraction Guardians of the Galaxie for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom