Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANJ

Good bye EPCOT, Disney is going to kiddie-fy every inch of WDW property. All in the name of the almighty buck. Forget mission statements. There is only one mission. Separate you from your money. Cohesion be dammed. A lot of people are commending these decisions but its just appealing to the rubes at best. Why not take all this money and invest in the small things that made WDW great. Oh I have an idea, how about maintenance? The garbage they are passing off as food? How about their employees? Cant do that can we? The kiddies don't care about any of that. I guess they are putting these attractions where they don't belong so the kids will have something to do while the parents are "drinking around the world". No one has a vision anymore at Disney. Just take the easy way out, place a stupid IP anywhere. They know the rubes will just eat it up. You do know this makes Disney looking more like a Uni park? Not that there is anything wrong with Uni, its just that Disney was about being different, being the best. My how the world has changed. Uni does Disney better then Disney and Disney is now trying to be Uni.

Phantom Mickey

whatever happened to ENTERTAIN, INFORM, AND INSPIRE? maybe entertain, but sheesh. where is the cultural part of EPCOT going? out the rear end apparently.
I rather enjoyed the original EPCOT Center, it was in the fashion of EduTainment. Test track was/is good in both former and present versions. Even the orig Journey had that EduTainment flair. Soarin, it has pretty pictures and is kinda fun, lolol

Phantom Mickey

Good bye EPCOT, Disney is going to kiddie-fy every inch of WDW property. All in the name of the almighty buck. Forget mission statements. There is only one mission. Separate you from your money. Cohesion be dammed. A lot of people are commending these decisions but its just appealing to the rubes at best. Why not take all this money and invest in the small things that made WDW great. Oh I have an idea, how about maintenance? The garbage they are passing off as food? How about their employees? Cant do that can we? The kiddies don't care about any of that. I guess they are putting these attractions where they don't belong so the kids will have something to do while the parents are "drinking around the world". No one has a vision anymore at Disney. Just take the easy way out, place a stupid IP anywhere. They know the rubes will just eat it up. You do know this makes Disney looking more like a Uni park? Not that there is anything wrong with Uni, its just that Disney was about being different, being the best. My how the world has changed. Uni does Disney better then Disney and Disney is now trying to be Uni.
Hmmm I wonder what would have been said If I had said that exact thing.... I agree.

Matthew

By way of observation, and with no disrespect intended, I would suggest that the portion of your post I highlighted may be a source of conflict in your interactions here.

What the "Disney Spirit" unfortunately has become under its recent and current management regimes -- versus what it once meant, what it once stood for, and what we wish it could mean once again -- is at the core of all these discussions.

No disrespect taken :) think it's important to remember that the forums hold only a small percentage of Disney fans... The Disney Spirit is alive and well in the masses... Just look at the face of the children in the parks and tell me they don't believe it the magic and Disney Spirit.

yeti

Oh! I now realize I was misreading the statement. I thought @MansionButler84 was specifically talking about the year 2021 as opposed to the 2017-2021 period. Was trying to figure out what the significant project was for 2021 specifically.

Sometimes I'm a little too eager on reading between the lines.

Am I allowed to say that I am officially now very happy with their upcoming level of investment? Even if there are nitpicks here and there, I think WDW might actually be leaving the dark days behind.

It's the end of the dark age, but not a return to the golden age. Here we enter the world of whatever.

Mike S

Your being very emotional over a family theme park, and I say this as a hard core fan who's been going all my life.

Epcot is not going to crash and burn, if anything, their making it great again. It wont be as great as EPCOT Center of course, but this new Epcot will be pretty awesome, if the IP's are done right. Judging by Frozen, I think Gotg will be great.
Try some reading comprehension. I never said it was going to crash and burn. If anything can be gathered from my post it's that I've reached an alternate 5th stage of grief regarding this park: Reluctant Acceptance.

I do like the Frozen ride as I've said in its specific thread and this GotG E Ticket could be what I've been wanting since seeing the movie but I'll take a wait and see approach. The only thing I don't like is where they're putting them but whatever, it's happening. I'll just have to deal.

I was half serious about those WS ride ideas. They really might as well go all out.

Last edited:

Phantom Mickey

Why does today's Disney insist on destroying originality? I would think that with all the buzz with green energy, that pavillion would have been easy to reimagine and still keep with Epcot's original theme.... Glad the tower is safe, but I still think this sucks...
EPCOT Center, as it was named when it opened, was HEAVILY toted with being green. One of the big speils was about the solar panels on the roof of the Universe of Energy building. I don't recall all the purposes of that green power but those huge ride cars were getting their energy from those panels. power from the sun. The entire park had green energy use or some way to save the planet all over future world. Then after some years, the talk all went silent. No more saving the world with green energy?? Do those solar panels above the UOE still work???

Phantom Mickey

*sigh* I dont even know what Disney is going for anymore with Epcot, its like they are just putting random stuff in...
*sigh* I dont even know what Disney is going for anymore with Epcot, its like they are just putting random stuff in...

It easy. Disney spend a boatload of money buying Marvel, they have made a couple of supporting movies and now they need exposure in one of the parks. they don't seem to care which park, any old park will do. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom