Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tl77

Poor Ellen and BIll Nye. If the ride portion was faster, and the car seats not so uncomfortable, I would go on Energy every visit.
I do enjoy the Ellen movie part.
I will miss you Ellen, even if no one else does.

Hopefully the Universe of Energy's Dinosaurs will get relocated to some kind new ride at Animal Kingdom's Dino-land, maybe a boat ride or something slow paced and family oriented, to replace that Chester and Hester nonsense and be an alternative to their current high speed Dino ride

And Marvel likes to make their big announcements at the San Diego Comic Con which is July 21st to 24th this year

Last edited:

KingOfEpicocity

honestly i dont care what they shoe-horn in epcot AS LONG AS they give a legitimate, coherent, story or "idea" for the park. thats honestly what bothers me the most about Avatar and SWL, barely connected to the parks ideas at all. WIth EPCOT the have the chance to make a totally new park "concept"... something tells me they wont

UberPlannerMom

So- I have read all 17 pages now. There is a lot of complaining about how this doesn't fit the theme, a lot of complaining that Epcot no longer has a theme and absolutely no one trying to figure out what kind of a theme this would fit. I mean, let's pretend to give Disney the benefit of the doubt, and wonder what kind of theme this would work with. Here's my "hey maybe":

We get three distinctive areas in Epcot. World Showcase which is about the continents and countries of our world. Beyond the land (or something similar) which is all about those areas outside the countries and continents (the air and sea.) Finally, beyond our world were the focus is on space and what had been conjectured about how other world's may live. Mission to mars would work with that, as would GotG. The only issue is with test track but I guess if they rethemed it again to being about designing rovers instead of cars then it would still work. It would all be drawn together by space ship earth.

PizzaPlanet

Hopefully the Universe of Energy's Dinosaurs will get relocated to some kind new ride at Animal Kingdom's Dino-land, maybe a boat ride or something slow paced and family oriented, to replace that Chester and Hester nonsense and be an alternative to their current high speed Dino ride

And Marvel likes to make their big announcements at the San Diego Comic Con which is July 21st to 24th this year
Or make them part of the railroad at MK, like at Disneyland.

fractal

I always felt that one of the great things about Epoct was it's isolation from "pop-culture". The themeing and execution of the attractions, the music, the atmosphere took you out of the "real" world and into a
completely unique and optimistic realm that stood on it's own. It's sad and upsetting to see that slowly dying.

Captain Neo

So they are bulldozing pavilions that once inspired people to study science, energy, engineering, and medicine in favor of a quick cash grab for their current IT IP? This is another crippling blow for Epcot and probably the final one.

I mean I like comics but a guardians of the galaxy attraction belongs in Magic Kingdom or the Studios park not Epcot.

I still think the rumor is BS though just like the tower of terror rumor which everyone told me IS HAPPENING 100% and that I was crazy for not buying it.

montyz81

So help me understand. GotG is going into ToT in DL and HS. It is also going into Energy and WoL in Epcot? I don't get it, Potter has one part in IoA and the other in US. It is also in US in Calif. It grossed far more then GotG and has less representation albeit very high quality representation.

Did I get that rumor right?

Mike S

Two sentences, both of which are ridiculously false.

Gulags were Stalin's forced-labor death camps from the 1930s to the 50s -- Walt's concept of EPCOT wasn't even remotely close to that.

The statement that "TWDC has always tried to keep Walt's dream alive" could work as a parody -- but considering the source, it's just another fail.
image.jpeg

This predates the recent events. I guess I've been hinting at it and someone else said it outright yesterday morning.

The design and layout is still fluid. Indeed the second attraction in the Energy building may be becoming no something different or moved elsewhere.
All this time I thought WoL was "Phase 2." So that's where the first GotG attraction is going?

lebeau

Making money, and provide a high quality, well though out, and cohesively themed environment are not mutually exclusive. Disney didn't get where they are today by catering to every whim of the public, the did it by providing experiences that went beyong what the public ever imagined.

Sometimes, it's a shame you can only like a post once. This is one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom