Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

It's so unnerving for us fans of upcoming rumored projects. UoE overhall, Rat ride, Spine renovation, UK attraction, several new WS pavilions, Tomorowland attraction, ToT reno, Stitch replacement, Speedway removal, Frontierland attraction, Mickey ride on again off again etc etc all stalled to some extent. The only thing that is concrete is the 2 IP lands at DHS and the gondola. I know this is the nature of rumors but let's hope we get some major stuff to stick
it almost feels like they do not have enough resour... checks the insane ROI and net gains of Disney oh, nevermind..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@Magic Feather @MisterPenguin @marni1971 - Is there any chance what so ever that the current track system will stay in place and the attraction get a complete overhaul? I know people might not enjoy a 45 minute ride because of one reason or another. If you want to spread the crowds out and make their time in the park enjoyable, then get some attraction that are great quality and huge capacity to help with spreading the crowds out. This palivion and WoL have great potential for this side of the park.

I'm honored to be included in that list, but I know nothing except how to figure out who really knows stuff and regurgitate what they say. I got about a dozen people I keep an eye on who seem to really know stuff.

Cesar R M

I'm honored to be included in that list, but I know nothing except how to figure out who really knows stuff and regurgitate what they say. I got about a dozen people I keep an eye on who seem to really know stuff.
I have no idea why I imagined your avatar making sense about about regurgitating information. :hilarious:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like we might have the first permit for this project. A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District today to re-route the canal behind Energy and create two new retention ponds (POND-20 and POND-21). The permit provides the reason for this work as:

"The applicant wishes to reconfigure the existing canal to provide a more-contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas. A spur of the existing canal is proposed to be filled so that a more developable area is provided."

It also says:

"The possible future impervious areas were estimated based on manual take-offs of the input received by the applicant. The area where the construction laydown is to be located is assumed to have paved roadways into the area, a number of construction trailers as impervious, and the remainder of area to be gravel."

upload_2017-5-15_15-13-10.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wow, that's quite a find!

Now the question becomes - What sort of large building would they need that land for? I won't speculate, for now, curious to see what others may know.

Nickels5

I'm hoping this is for the new guardians attraction, adding a new e ticket with guardians and a solid d with rat is a great start at Epcot.

2351metalcloud

Wow, that's quite a find!

Now the question becomes - What sort of large building would they need that land for? I won't speculate, for now, curious to see what others may know.

My speculation: They could make a building where Universe of Energy is located that has something to do with 'energy' and things from GOTG; another building that has to do with reproduction, bodies, and things from GOTG; and another building that has to do with emotions and things from Inside Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom