Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones14

This year would be a good time for it. With the BB-8 meet 'n' greet coming to DHS, Happily Ever After, and Avatar, a Mission:Space update would give them another excuse to hype up "something new at all four parks!" as part of their summer marketing campaign if they could get it up by then.

PorterRedkey

Isn't it kind of sad that sponsorless, not that popular Mission: SPACE is getting an update when Horizons was left to rot?
I can talk about Epcot all day, but maybe we should get back on topic.

GotG is coming to UoE.
@marni1971 is the plan still to add a ride building to the original pavilion? And will the "Energy" concept be integrated into the new attraction (however loosely)?

As always, I understand if you can't say much. Any info is always appreciated!

MCast

I'm curious as to the format of the potential GoTG ride. I feel we have enough simulator rides ala Soarin, Mission Space, Star Tours, Flight of Passage, etc. I'm hoping for something that's more along the lines of a coaster, but am open to the format of Dinosaur's ride system.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I know, I've already reserved my entire Saturday afternoon for Martin's Vids :)

If you are having a hard time dealing with the wait till Sat, just do what I do and re-watch some of his classics.

Right? I have two long time EPCOT friends coming over to watch. No, really. We have a Saturday night date! I'm not the biggest EPCOT fan but I love Martin's videos and my friends are old school (and Horizon) junkies.
I'm hoping their energy is contagious. :D

Too bad Martin couldn't come over. But hey buddy, anytime you want to visit one of the northern USA states, you let me know :)

Phicinfan

I'm curious as to the format of the potential GoTG ride. I feel we have enough simulator rides ala Soarin, Mission Space, Star Tours, Flight of Passage, etc. I'm hoping for something that's more along the lines of a coaster, but am open to the format of Dinosaur's ride system.
When this first came out, @marni1971 stated it would be an inside roller coaster and some additional stuff, not sure that is still the plan though

flyerjab

When this first came out, @marni1971 stated it would be an inside roller coaster and some additional stuff, not sure that is still the plan though

Was always interested to see the outcome of this project. Martin (or maybe others, I can't remember for certain anymore) hinted about a coaster (maybe suspended) that actually launched in reverse. Uncertain of specifics but it sounded sort of cool. Anyway, later on Spirit floated in to tell everyone that the original idea was scrapped because it cost more then the GDP of Canada. Have not heard a lot at all since then. But Martin has typically been spot on with almost everything he reports on so it will be curious to see how this plays out.

Goofyernmost

Thats the side i tried LOL the ride is just NOT for me
I guess that happens, I don't see the difference between that one and many other simulator type rides there, but, everyone is different, so.. that is a shame. I love that ride (both sides). I just hate to have to walk back to Epcot from Mars. I bought a return trip ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom