Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

It did need updating (it was 16 years-old when it closed for good) but, the premise was fine. It was the combination of all of the Epcot pavilions - The Land, SSE (communication), The Living Seas and so on.
There was an update planned, but no sponsor to pay for it. HP wanted a new ride. Enter Mission Space.
If I could change the past it would have gotten updated and Mission Space built elsewhere. Sadly, I can't.

PorterRedkey

If I could change the past it would have gotten updated and Mission Space built elsewhere. Sadly, I can't.

But you promised you would change the past! YOU PROMISED!

I'm kidding, but I am not sure what your post has to do with you saying the premise needed to be updated.

HMF

But you promised you would change the past! YOU PROMISED!

I'm kidding, but I am not sure what your post has to do with you saying the premise needed to be updated.
Well, the fact of the matter is we are in the 21st Century now and were only 11 months shy of it when Horizons closed. The prospective date depicted would have had to change.

HMF

I don't think you should speak about things that you don't have knowledge about.
I have studied the ride. I know the history I have seen Martin's video I know that it's not the same as experiencing in person but I have done as much research as possible. I wish I could go back and experience it but it was closed by the time I first went so I have no first-hand experience. I am just going by what I do know.

HMF

Isn't it kind of sad that sponsorless, not that popular Mission: SPACE is getting an update when Horizons was left to rot?
Sad that it's getting an update, no. Sad about what happened to Horizons, Absolutely! As for the sponsorship thing I really don't think that model was sustainable long term. In fact I think the sponsorship thing did more harm than good for Epcot long-term.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I am also hinting that the Imagination Pavilion plans will probably related to the Society of Explorers And Adventures (SEA) for the Journey into Imagination attraction itself. Bear in mind that, back during the D23 event, Chapie has stated the Society of Explorers And Adventures (SEA) are a part of the plans for Epcot, and that could be one of the proposals!
That's been fan speculation more than true rumor at this point though, right? Aside from the Skipper Canteen tie in we may be extrapolating too much here.

Cesar R M

You can't hear it in this video, but this is the part where Jeremy Irons says,

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and co-operation between us; to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

I get chills every time I hear it. As a matter of a fact it's my iPad wallpaper. Been thinking about changing my WDWmagic footer to say it.

Edit: Here's an audio clip http://www.intercot.com/edc/sounds/journey.wav

Expand to : 17:10

Mike S

Horizons was my Horizons. ;)
I only really remember SSE though... :oops:
Well, the fact of the matter is we are in the 21st Century now and were only 11 months shy of it when Horizons closed. The prospective date depicted would have had to change.
The 21st century lasts until December 31st, 2100 at 11:59:59 PM.

We're only in 2017.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom