Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpAllNight

As an international guest, there is absolutely no struggle for Disney to get us to visit each park.

The difference at he moment is after the initial visit, 3 of the 4 parks don't have enough to make me want to go back in the same visit, so they're missing out on my money for my 'spare days'. Uni, Islands, MK and Seaworld all command at least an additional day from us. At last count, of our 21 days this spring we plan on spending 8 of them at Disney. I'd be more than happy to spend more time at Epcot, Dhs and AK if we thought they warranted it.

This will possibly be our last trip for a good few years until there's been some significant expansion at Disney World, to increase the value for money as it isn't getting any cheaper.

ParentsOf4

Attractions are what provide additional capacity. Attractions per Guest per Hour is an important metric and Disney has been straining that number for some time. The result has been growing dissatisfaction and the slow realization that content is king.
Yes, which is why I continue to write that Walt Disney World needs to open an entire theme park (a few attractions here or there ain't gonna cut it) by 2025. :D

WDW attendance to 2025.jpg

WDW doesn't just need ride capacity; that's only a partial solution. It doesn't solve the problem of overcrowded walkways, stores, restaurants, bus stops, etc. WDW needs space to spread out those Guests. WDW needs a 5th Gate sometime next decade.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I see why you're confused. You originally said:
.. Imagineering costs more because Disney sets the standard that others emulate.

And then you got confused and asked about
an entity doing better work? Please post a link, I am very interested to read about it.

-Which I never mentioned nor offered in the first place.

jt04

I would give the contact details of everyone I know working in Glendale to you but they probably wouldn't like that.

You obviously missed the bit where the only person to mention a 'link" is you.

I am not interested in links to Imagineering. Onl
I see why you're confused. You originally said:

And then you got confused and asked for

-Which I never mentioned nor offered in the first place.

I just asked for a link on my own initiative. I might want to go work there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seems like they have that accomplished. Imagineering costs more because Disney sets the standard that others emulate.

Similar to the way Apple set the standard for so many years. If Disney ever goes cheap on Imagineering it will suffer decline.

If Imagineering is spending more to get higher quality that is ok, but if they are spending more to get the exact same product that could be done for less, then that is a problem.

lazyboy97o

Yes, which is why I continue to write that Walt Disney World needs to open an entire theme park (a few attractions here or there ain't gonna cut it) by 2025. :D

View attachment 182333

WDW doesn't just need ride capacity; that's only a partial solution. It doesn't solve the problem of overcrowded walkways, stores, restaurants, bus stops, etc. WDW needs space to spread out those Guests. WDW needs a 5th Gate sometime next decade.
Those walkways are overcrowded because of poor distribution built around over planning. All of Walt Disney World is underbuilt and a fifth gate doesn't fix those problems since it too would be underbuilt given Disney's patterns since 1994.

Otterhead

But people today only go to Epcot to do three things: ride Test Track and Soar'n and also to get drunk when the Food and Wine Festival comes.
*looks at the constant line for Spaceship Earth, the several-hour wait for Frozen, the always-packed restaurants along World Showcase, the huge crowds for Illuminations, and even the week-long wait to take the Behind the Seeds Tour*
Sure thing.

DreamfinderGuy

What was debunked? That the rumour is true ?
No, dear god no. That it was false and was found to be too expensive so Disney dropped it. Rumor now is after all the park's construction is done ToT is gonna get the Disneyland treatment. MGM isn't really my territory so I don't know much about that rumor but it would still kinda suck to see ToT gone.

Kman101

ToT was debunked. By I think Chapek himself. Doesn't mean they won't ultimately do it, they've lied to us before, but it seems nothing changed and GoTG is still going into Energy. Unless I missed something.

I know it's a lot of pages but do people read these threads at all?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No, dear god no. That it was false and was found to be too expensive so Disney dropped it. Rumor now is after all the park's construction is done ToT is gonna get the Disneyland treatment. MGM isn't really my territory so I don't know much about that rumor but it would still kinda suck to see ToT gone.
Ah. Tower in DHS will not become Guardians. Last I checked (recently) it is still Energy.

Energys January closure was false. It's possibly still a year away maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom