Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Leia

Mulan probably doesn't move merchandise :/
In the late 90s, it would have... So... when Epcot should have been expanding the offerings of the WS so we're not stuck with the current mess.
On the other hand, this was recently posted:

It's still a popular property, it just isn't recent. But that didn't stop Disney from creating 2 Little Mermaid rides in the US 22-23 years after the movie came out.

Earl Sweatpants

In the late 90s, it would have... So... when Epcot should have been expanding the offerings of the WS so we're not stuck with the current mess.
On the other hand, this was recently posted:

It's still a popular property, it just isn't recent. But that didn't stop Disney from creating 2 Little Mermaid rides in the US 22-23 years after the movie came out.

It'll be super relevant again once they release the live-action version.

I wonder though if there isn't some hidden Eisner-era IP vs Iger-era IP thing going on. (Excluding the mega hits and anything actually Walt-touched of course). I would honestly love to hear a solid reasoning for not incorporating Mulan into China.

aladdin2007

Maybe they will.

why do I fear that someday, they will turn reflections of china into a giant meetngreet location instead, and expanded shopping of course. okay I know Im over thinking things lol....but look what they did to the snow white ride so it makes one wonder.

Haymarket2008

why do I fear that someday, they will turn reflections of china into a giant meetngreet location instead, and expanded shopping of course. okay I know Im over thinking things lol....but look what they did to the snow white ride so it makes one wonder.

Or queue space.

Cesar R M

Here's just a stab at speculations:
World Showcase:
-Ratatouille (France)
-Pinocchio (Italy)
-Big Hero 6 (either Japan or FW)
-Aladdin (Morrocco...it's a stretch)
-Coco (Mexico)
-Mulan (China)
-Mary Poppins or Alice (England)
Future World:
-GotG
-Dr Strange
-Tron
-Wall E
-BH6
-Inside Out

Dang...that's only 14 and some of those were really pushing it.
finding dory overlay to the nemo ride.

RoysCabin

EPCOT is an IP, the greatest TWDC has ever developed. Why lessen it with inferior IP's.

EPCOT's theme is an overarching one. It buttresses the entire park, makes the total more than the sum of its parts, and makes the total give the parts added meaning in return. I'd love a second MK. I think that a great solution to many of WDWs ills.

But we don't need EPCOT as second MK.

Excellent point at the top, there: EPCOT in and of itself is an IP, and one with enormous potential. Clearly, the 80s Walt Disney Productions crew saw that potential (and they had to, given how much money they had sunk into EPCOT Center), which led to the teacher/classroom outreach program, toying around with TV shows like EPCOT Magazine, and playing up that the "Center" in the park's name indicated that the concept was meant to go beyond the park's boundaries, that the park was simply where the chief ideas coalesced and were concentrated. A lot of that potential still exists, but if we go full "IPcot" here it's potential is severely hampered, given that it would, like many here are saying, take away anything unique about the park vis a vis other Disney theme parks.

Basically, while a lot of people where justifiably upset that Walt's dream city never came to be, it's fair to say that the people in charge back then still put a ton of resources and thought into the EPCOT concept. Bring that back in some way, shape, or form, and maybe EPCOT becomes Disney's brand for producing simple stuff like culinary goods (cookbooks, wines, etc.), classroom outreach, documentaries, etc.

jt04

Here's just a stab at speculations:
World Showcase:
-Ratatouille (France)
-Pinocchio (Italy)
-Big Hero 6 (either Japan or FW)
-Aladdin (Morrocco...it's a stretch)
-Coco (Mexico)
-Mulan (China)
-Mary Poppins or Alice (England)
Future World:
-GotG
-Dr Strange
-Tron
-Wall E
-BH6
-Inside Out

Dang...that's only 14 and some of those were really pushing it.

You forgot Germany.

I have never seen Martin this busy. Something is going on. My hunch is management is so gobsmacked by Pandora that at this point they just want more everything. Wise move.

jt04

Not really. Years of underinvestment are now clearly showing in guest surveys and their opinion.

Sounds like they timed the opening of Pandora perfectly.

Seriously though, I do think James Cameron is truly impressed in that new video. Along with several others on the tour. Hopefully some of which sit on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom