Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenlawler

I personally don't mind some Marvel intrusion, however I just with it was consolidated somewhere. If they are going to go all in I would prefer it to be at DHS. Keep the theater and Hollywood Blvd, and let it be a "Disney otherworlds" park. Leave Epcot and MK out of this.

HeroOfWDW

Just out of curiosity ... What learning is done in World Showcase? It's shops, restaurants and booze. That argument doesn't win anymore. The park is dying and needs help. Disney is taking the cheap and quick fix by adding things that no longer belong in a quick effort to get more clicks at the gate.
*applauds* THIS! I never have once heard someone say "Oh let's go to Epcot to learn"! I only hear "Let's go drink at Epcot, they have booze there and MK doesn't". World Showcase has educational elements. Yes the shows in China and France teach some things, but the reaction to those rides are "It's hot out let's go sit down, get cooled off, and take a nap".

Bocabear

*applauds* THIS! I never have once heard someone say "Oh let's go to Epcot to learn"! I only hear "Let's go drink at Epcot, they have booze there and MK doesn't". World Showcase has educational elements. Yes the shows in China and France teach some things, but the reaction to those rides are "It's hot out let's go sit down, get cooled off, and take a nap".
No one goes to a theme park to learn... likewise you don't go to a theme park to drink... there are tons of other options if drinking only is your bag. Many people enjoy the World Showcase for it's representations of other cultures including food and drink... but don't dismiss it as just a bar...that is sad and not accurate...not saying there are not people out there that treat it that way, but you all makew it sound like Pleasure Island....which it is not. The structure of EPCOT is still relevant...they just need to add and refresh, not abandon it for MK 2.

Earl Sweatpants

Of course no one actually says that, but learning is (was) a natural by-product of the unique attractions that Epcot as a whole presented you with. But apparently by the mid-90's "learning" became uncool.

And if a person's entire ambition at Epcot is to slosh away their day, then that's just sad.

Matt_Black

Of course no one actually says that, but learning is (was) a natural by-product of the unique attractions that Epcot as a whole presented you with. But apparently by the mid-90's "learning" became uncool.

0083.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member

People never went to Epcot to learn, they went to Epcot because it was Disney and were then tricked into learning.

Cesar R M

It would be great if "sanity" reigned and they decided to build a GotG attraction at DHS (or even MK's Tomorrowland, really) where it would be appropriate. With the news about Dr. Strange, they could actually have the start of a decent superhero land.

That said, Energy still needs to be fixed in some way and I'd much rather see GotG in Energy than messing with ToT, so hopefully that isn't what the choice is.

My guess, though, is that GotG is still going into Energy, just not on the timeframe rumored elsewhere.
depends on what is "sanity for you". "sanity" for disney would be changing ToT to GOTG.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was no trickery involved with EPCOT Center. Disney was always upfront about its content and people were interested because WED Enterprises had a well earned reputation for creating compelling experiences.

Maybe tricked was the wrong word, but I don't think most people were attracted to Epcot because of the education element. I think they were attracted to it because it was a Disney park, and education was a nice fringe benefit.

PorterRedkey

Maybe tricked was the wrong word, but I don't think most people were attracted to Epcot because of the education element. I think they were attracted to it because it was a Disney park, and education was a nice fringe benefit.
World Fair's were still popular in 1982. It was originally billed as a such. Whether guests knew that each FW pavilion was going to be a 1 to 2-hour experience is debatable.

Thanks phoenicians

Anybody know what the current proposed budget for the entire Epcot revamp is? I realize it's a significant plan and was given more money than originally planned but any chance its more than what DCA 2.0 got which I believe was like 1.1 billion?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anybody know what the current proposed budget for the entire Epcot revamp is? I realize it's a significant plan and was given more money than originally planned but any chance its more than what DCA 2.0 got which I believe was like 1.1 billion?
As of yet no but it's quite substantial. And depending what else moves from blue sky and what doesn't it could match DCA or even surpass it.

lazyboy97o

Even then, educational elements were not a fringe component of the park experience and such elements did not turn people away from the park.

Professortango1

I'd rather see a Monsters Inc Energy Pavillion, at least that ties into the idea a smidge and could be fun and educational. Guardians is just a a very movie theme park feel. Disney World has such a park, I wish they'd change over Tower of Terror to Mission:Break Out as it would fit the park better than Epcot. Retheme Rockin' Rollercoaster to Big Hero 6 and you have yourself a Super Hero land to add more teen draw to the park.

aladdin2007

I'd rather see a Monsters Inc Energy Pavillion, at least that ties into the idea a smidge and could be fun and educational. Guardians is just a a very movie theme park feel. Disney World has such a park, I wish they'd change over Tower of Terror to Mission:Break Out as it would fit the park better than Epcot. Retheme Rockin' Rollercoaster to Big Hero 6 and you have yourself a Super Hero land to add more teen draw to the park.

Me too really if it has to have an IP, (of course for Chapekcot it does) at least it would still sort of be an energy pavilion, the other sounds like a six flags coaster plopped into Epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom