• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NearTheEars

Is it though? I mean we are talking about a company that is removing the night parade at the most visited park in the world with no plan for a replacement im the near future. They will crank out Rivers of Light, blow up social media about it, and all the mommy bloggers and little Disney fans will drool and go gaga over it and completely forget the even stopped doing night parades at Magic Kingdom. If the last six years have proven anything it has shown that Disney can do just about anything and the average person won't notice or care for that matter and since they won't notice or care then they can continue to remove the little things or neglectl things because hey who is gonna care anyway! Background music playing at the entrance of the park is no biggie for me. I like the old soundtrack and the new one is also nice. I personally agree and think they should play the new one since that's what guest will experince in the park but hey no biggie.
Once MSEP closes fewer people will notice the burned out MSUSA lights since they won't be sitting on the curb an hour early waiting with nothing to do but look around.

IDInstitute

As envisioned, park entrances are meant to alert guests of "coming attractions" like the previews before a movie. Soarin Over California's music is a head-scratcher for me. It's not a classic and not really old enough to trigger much nostalgia (contrast that to the 1982 entrance loop that now plays at park open, which is quite fun). They should use the current score. I am confident that the choice to keep the 2001 Soarin score is not deliberate, but rather a "why bother..." moment.

Of course, I also think it's strange that 17 years later, they still play Tapestry of Nations after IllumiNations. Salt in the wound, perhaps.
Or maybe they're just playing them because they're, ya know, good pieces of music?

Or maybe they're just playing them because they're, ya know, good pieces of music?
I know some Mozart that would be considered just fantastic and I bet the perfect place would be Animal Kingdom since, you know, you only need good music anyway.

I do get your point by the way but I think the point still stands that the music should be a representation of what we can find in the park. Some classic songs from the old days are great but at least play the old and new version like they do with energy. In the case of Sorian, they can just play the current and new version.

peter11435

This is such a ridiculous discussion. The old and new soarin music are essentially the same song with some slight modifications. And the Epcot entrance loop already contains a mix of current and former attraction music. It's ridiculous to be complaining or arguing about this. And yet here we are comparing it to playing Mozart at animal kingdom.

epcot82fan

EPCOT Center Purist
As envisioned, park entrances are meant to alert guests of "coming attractions" like the previews before a movie. Soarin Over California's music is a head-scratcher for me. It's not a classic and not really old enough to trigger much nostalgia (contrast that to the 1982 entrance loop that now plays at park open, which is quite fun). They should use the current score. I am confident that the choice to keep the 2001 Soarin score is not deliberate, but rather a "why bother..." moment.

Of course, I also think it's strange that 17 years later, they still play Tapestry of Nations after IllumiNations. Salt in the wound, perhaps.
When did they start playing the 1982 loop at opening!? I love that loop, and I haven't heard about this until now! Maybe I have been living under a rock.

gmajew

Premium Member
By sanity do you mean allowing Energy to sit in its curr5stale state or changing it and not using the IP?
Something needs to happen to this pavilion now! It is a horrible show right now and needs some love.... If it is not going this route ASAP with the IP then fix it put in a new movie update it and let it run.... Epcot deserves better then what is currently here....

doctornick

Could sanity have prevailed? Maybe just once?
It would be great if "sanity" reigned and they decided to build a GotG attraction at DHS (or even MK's Tomorrowland, really) where it would be appropriate. With the news about Dr. Strange, they could actually have the start of a decent superhero land.

That said, Energy still needs to be fixed in some way and I'd much rather see GotG in Energy than messing with ToT, so hopefully that isn't what the choice is.

My guess, though, is that GotG is still going into Energy, just not on the timeframe rumored elsewhere.

IDInstitute

It would be great if "sanity" reigned and they decided to build a GotG attraction at DHS (or even MK's Tomorrowland, really) where it would be appropriate. With the news about Dr. Strange, they could actually have the start of a decent superhero land.

That said, Energy still needs to be fixed in some way and I'd much rather see GotG in Energy than messing with ToT, so hopefully that isn't what the choice is.

My guess, though, is that GotG is still going into Energy, just not on the timeframe rumored elsewhere.
Hopefully if Dr. Strange is very successful they could reconsider plans and think along these (smart!) lines for a DHS land.

Then again, that could also simply mean Dr. Strange in Epcot also...so...

Status
Not open for further replies.