Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
UoE desperately needs an update, but an update that remains true to Epcot's theme. So by sanity I mean that, in spite of their seemingly blatant distaste for theme, that cooler heads might for once prevail and prevent a monumental mistake that would propel Epcot past the point of no return.

A GOTG roller coaster and/or attraction is so ridiculously, totally, indisputably off-theme that it would destroy any future hope of Epcot remaining a theme park at all. GOTG would (I and many others fear) relegate Epcot to Six Flags status.

Amusement parks and theme parks are two totally different beasts. WDW and the Walt Disney Company used to not only understand the difference, they capitalized on it-- and created a whole new class of entertainment. It saddens me to think that folks have forgotten that, or perhaps never learned it in the first place.

As recently as the mid-90s, Epcot was still on track. Destroying Horizons and Journey into Imagination started the process that took the heart and soul out of Future World. Had sanity prevailed back then, and those two attractions had been updated instead of destroyed, Epcot would be a lot stronger today.

Bottom line, you can't have a theme park without a theme. Why DisCo chooses to ignore this most basic element of their own business model is beyond my comprehension.

themes especially in places like Epcot future world and tomorrowland are a thing of the past (see what I did there) ;)

...sad but true

iHeartDisneylandCats

UoE desperately needs an update, but an update that remains true to Epcot's theme. So by sanity I mean that, in spite of their seemingly blatant distaste for theme, that cooler heads might for once prevail and prevent a monumental mistake that would propel Epcot past the point of no return.

A GOTG roller coaster and/or attraction is so ridiculously, totally, indisputably off-theme that it would destroy any future hope of Epcot remaining a theme park at all. GOTG would (I and many others fear) relegate Epcot to Six Flags status.

Amusement parks and theme parks are two totally different beasts. WDW and the Walt Disney Company used to not only understand the difference, they capitalized on it-- and created a whole new class of entertainment. It saddens me to think that folks have forgotten that, or perhaps never learned it in the first place.

As recently as the mid-90s, Epcot was still on track. Destroying Horizons and Journey into Imagination started the process that took the heart and soul out of Future World. Had sanity prevailed back then, and those two attractions had been updated instead of destroyed, Epcot would be a lot stronger today.

Bottom line, you can't have a theme park without a theme. Why DisCo chooses to ignore this most basic element of their own business model is beyond my comprehension.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

TP2000

DCA's tower looks awful the scorched paint looks so fake. I like to think DHS's tower is a better quality show building. Also I am ever hopeful Burbank has woke up and realized bulldozing UoE for GoTG is an awful idea.

DCA always had the cheapest looking Tower of Terror, truly a Paul Pressler special. And 12 years pointed west directly into the California sun hasn't been kind to the paint job; if it wasn't for this Guardians remake it would be overdue for a full exterior repaint and refurbishment.

Mike S

They have removed the sign from Tower of Terror in California Adventure. It has begun.
csztnlvueaazcn7-jpg.163798
Disgusting.

The theme at all parks is obviously anything that feels "Disney." It's what the rubes want.
DCA always had the cheapest looking Tower of Terror, truly a Paul Pressler special. And 12 years pointed west directly into the California sun hasn't been kind to the paint job; if it wasn't for this Guardians remake it would be overdue for a full exterior repaint and refurbishment.
Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Good solution Disney.

Sped2424

I've lost touch with this rumor. Where are we all at. I wish we could get a sticky thread for all the planned/rumored changes for Epcot.
  • Gotg is slated for an attraction at Epcot in the Universe of Energy building
  • The ride is supposed to be a roller coaster which was confirmed by several insiders. With possible segments outside the building?That's half is not confirmed yet (to my knowledge).
  • This is not an overlay as the entire ride system and show inside is all being taken out should this plan go through
  • The current Ride is according to insiders not closing in January. Perhaps sometime later in 2017 that part is not confirmed
  • Elements of the ride or new details on the show building will have larger sight lines than what is now in place this is supported by insiders and the balloon hieght test.
This is my understanding of the situation thus far.

huwar18

Is GoTG still taking over UoE? I keep hearing it could have been a fake rumor. Which I really do not believe. There is just so many rumors that go around. You never know what is true.

iHeartDisneylandCats

@marni1971 , Have you heard anything about any possibilities of Dr. Strange getting an attraction in the future? With all the talk about the audition call as well as the preview in OMD, it is making me curious as to whether or not they are allowed to build attractions based on the character. Thanks for any info you can share! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom